Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 45 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old February 20th, 2005, 03:41 PM   #661
Sponsor: JET DV

Vegas 5 allows saving up to 10 different screen layouts and easily recall them. ALT-D, 1 simply "recalls" the first layout. Glad that it worked to reset your screen.
Old February 20th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #662
Regular Crew

Simple ?: Stopping cursor at end of clip

So i get to the end of my video clips and theres no more video frames yet the cursor keeps on going, having a good ole time. Is there a button or setting so vegas will stop the cursor at the last frame of video, without me having to highlight the clip?

THanks
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #663
Regular Crew

I just had to do something similar yesterday to solve a slight visual jitter problem occuring in just one section of a 90 minute project that was occuring whenever I used the MainConcept encoder, even at 2 pass encoding (it occured after fading in after a mid-title section).

So I frameserved to the TMPGEnc encoder (which is known to be slower then the MainConcept one) and that solved the jitter problem.

The MainConcept encoder encoded at 1.33:1 and the TMPGEnc encoder encoded at 2:1 (both using 1 pass as it was a draft review copy). It was worth the extra time to get the problem fixed.
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #664
Major Player

Importing a veg file

How can I import one project into another project? I was looking to edit and save each of my scenes for my movie individually, so that I can assemble them together later. Can this be done? Thanks.
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #665
Regular Crew

Open two instances of Vegas and copy from one, then paste into the other. You could also render each segment and assemble those in another project.

Gary
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #666
Major Player

Thanks, that worked like a charm.
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #667

In most cases, playback will stop a few seconds after the last clip on the timeline. However, I have seen cases where it just keeps on going. You can always just press the space bar or enter to stop the playback.
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:32 PM   #668
Regular Crew

Nope, this one doesn't stop it just keeps on going like the energizer bunny. I guess i could "just" press the space bar but i'm trying to be really lazy/efficent and see if the cursor would stop automaticly so it doesn't keep moving the time line to a new screen

<<<-- Originally posted by Edward Troxel : In most cases, playback will stop a few seconds after the last clip on the timeline. However, I have seen cases where it just keeps on going. You can always just press the space bar or enter to stop the playback. -->>>
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #669

Here's a hint: Start playback, click somewhere on the timeline or just slightly move the timeline. Now the timeline will continue to play but the screen will never be updated until you pause playback!

:-)
Old February 21st, 2005, 12:12 AM   #670
Major Player

Thanks Glenn, very subtle work.

I liked the highlight across the drummer's shirt , creating contrast between the subject and background using cool vs warm, and enhancing the lighting. Excellent.

Scott
Old February 21st, 2005, 10:22 AM   #671
Major Player

My video lags on the time line

When I play my clips in the Trimmer Bin, they play fine, but when I play SOME of my clips on the time line, they have this ghostly lagging effect to them. By the way, I shot in 24pA mode with the DVX100A. What could I be doing wrong here? Why are some clips playing smoothly, and som aren't?
Old February 21st, 2005, 10:24 AM   #672
Major Player

Hmmm...now the problem is gone...but why could this be happening SOMETIMES?
Old February 21st, 2005, 11:15 AM   #673
Tourist

Pip Bouncing Ball Transition

I've created a basketball video with stills that fly in and out as the video plays. My question. Is there an easy to use transition to make the still picture bounce in and bounce out. I have tried the "Wax Bouncing Ball" transition but having alot of problem getting it to work eg. crashes Vegas. Any other transitions out there where I can do this or is it easier to work within the track motion and manually produce this?
Thanks in advance.
Old February 21st, 2005, 01:55 PM   #674
Trustee

Latency of Creative's ASIO drivers

Why does my audio surge ahead noticably when using these drivers, compared with DirectShow? I thought the idea was to achieve zero latency.
Old February 21st, 2005, 02:01 PM   #675
Trustee

It could be the preview quality. If it is set too high, the computer might not be able to keep up. I always edit in "Draft" mode.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...