Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 51 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old March 1st, 2005, 11:35 AM   #751
Sponsor: JET DV

Right-click the first one and choose "Select Events to End".

Right-click the first one and choose Channels - Right Only (or Left Only)

Select Track 4 and press V. Adjust the volume as needed. If you adjust both the track AND volume envelope, you can get +12 on the track and +6 on the volume envelope. Of course you'll be raising "noise" by that much too.
Old March 1st, 2005, 12:10 PM   #752
Major Player

Excellent, now one more question

Thanks Ed for the info.

One thing.

I have each dance saved as a separate file. It appears that this is going to require me to dump all 49 dances onto one timeline but by the time I do that I could just do what you suggested above 49 times. *sigh*

Any ideas on streamlining what I've created for myself?

sincerely,

ian
Old March 1st, 2005, 02:28 PM   #753
Regular Crew

Quick Question about Vegas updates

When updating Vegas, Do I have to download each update ( A, B, C, D and so on ) to get all the updated features/fixes or can I just update to version 5.0d and it will have all the updates that were included in b and c.

The reason for asking is I have 5.0b and I can't seem to find 5.0c. I must have missed it. :-/

Thanks for the replies!
Old March 1st, 2005, 03:22 PM   #754

The latest update is the FULL product (including all incremental updates). In fact, if Vegas was NOT installed on the system, you could just install the "D" update and register it and be running.
Old March 1st, 2005, 03:23 PM   #755

Adjust the audio LAST. Then you only have to do it once.
Old March 1st, 2005, 04:03 PM   #756
Tourist

Question with Keyframing & the Sync Cursor option

Hi there. I'm trying to sync the beat of a song with a part of the movie, and I'm doing it quite a bit - so it'd be a much larger hassle to individually stop-and-go keyframe each beat.

It'd be MUCH easier if I could somehow get the cursor to actually move WITH the movie, instead of just going where to where the movie is when paused/stop, and being able to insert keyframes as it goes.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance!
Old March 1st, 2005, 04:28 PM   #757

Not exactly sure I followed all of that. One thing you can do when playing the timeline is press "M" on the beats which will insert markers. Then you could use the markers to easily locate where the keyframes should go.
Old March 1st, 2005, 04:48 PM   #758
Tourist

Ah, that works great! Never thought about that, strangely! I guess it's because I never really organize my work with markers and such, I prefer to just selectively zoom.

Thanks so much :)
Old March 1st, 2005, 05:14 PM   #759
Regular Crew

Thanks so much Edward! I was wondering if it was like that but thought I would ask just to make sure.
Old March 1st, 2005, 07:08 PM   #760
Inner Circle

You could assign the audio to seperate buses and pan the buses and adjust the volume that way?
Old March 1st, 2005, 07:50 PM   #761
Regular Crew

Hi Shane

Well that is another way to do it then , I will try it and see which is fastest. I actually found the solution to the jumping frame problem , where the first frame of the new clip would be different than the last one in the last event even though both event are set to 0 velocity.

The answer is ridiculously simple , it's all an illusion because when I put my preview screen to full the last and first frame of both event are the same , it is only when it is in draft mode that there ise a difference.

After rendering it it is still the same frame so might be a slight bug I guess.

Thanks for all you input

John post your intro , i'd love to see what combustion can do :)

Phil

My website: www.production24fps.com/english.php
Old March 1st, 2005, 08:41 PM   #762
Inner Circle

combustion is good, but rather slow when it comes to processing and rendering.. its particle generator is directly ripped out of Particle Illusion (it IS the same engine and they dont hide the fact) but PI is much faster.. ie realtime

with regard to teh still.. the suggestion of taking a screen grab is probably the best one.. i do this quite often.. slowing down to zero in Velo envelopes, then crossfading the still with the original footage which is running at 0% this alleviates interlace flicker or field based distortions
Old March 1st, 2005, 08:47 PM   #763
Regular Crew

Indeed I had to fight a bit with the flickering that occured between the two frames I was working with.

for sure I will keep that screenshot suggestion next time the need comes.

Thanks Peter

My website: www.production24fps.com/english.php
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:19 PM   #764
Tourist

Well, I'm not sure what the statistics are, but you can count me as one who has switched from Premiere to Vegas :) I wish Sony would promote this great software a little more because I really prefer it over Premiere. IMO Premiere's interface (and most Adobe products) has become too complicated without a good reason. And audio is so much easier to work with in Vegas.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 05:14 AM   #765
Inner Circle

Avids not bad.. its actually really fuggin incredible once u learn it.. but dont start shooting Vegas and its so called inadeqacies of being an "unknown" product..

my clients are all "realtime this and realtime that.." using prem pro with either matrox or canopus HW.. but its funny how i see so many of them coming back experiencing soooo many problems..

they can have it as far as im concerned, and its funny how it took Adobe THIS long to get it right... and vegas is only up to 5 and has half the lifetime of Prem.. whats in version 6... well who knows.. but rest assured it wil be big...

hell even Edius is catching up REAL fast..

Premier... well to me.. realtime rendering doesnt make up for a boggy interface.. i liek prem pro and some of the things it can do.. but i can do much more with V5 in a quarter of the time..
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...