DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/33557-vegas-video-discussions-2005-q1q2.html)

David Ennis January 4th, 2005 08:04 AM

Thanks, Ed. I thought I had tried the insert key, but maybe not in proper sequence with the text type key at the beggining of the line.

But for the transition deal I don't see any clip to extend. For a transition I make a split then drag a transition type icon up the split and drop it there. There appears to be only an arrow that can't be stretched.

Am I supposed to create a clip (two splits) and then mark that as a transition? (I'm at work and don't have Vegas in front of me to try).

Edward Troxel January 4th, 2005 10:09 AM

You have to OVERLAP the clips by the size you want the transition. If you want the default ovelap amount (which you can set in the preferences) then put the cursor on the split and press the "/" key on the number pad.

David Ennis January 4th, 2005 10:48 AM

If I just drag the video track I'll lose synch, so the audio has to be involved in the transition also?

Edward Troxel January 4th, 2005 11:09 AM

When I overlap clips, I generally overlap both the audio and video. This lets both the video and audio crossfade from one clip to the next. If you don't want that, you can always make either the video or audio longer or shorter to compensate and keep things in sync (i.e. like J and L cuts).

Bottom line - the amount of overlap controls the length of the transition. The GOOD thing about this is that you don't have to worry about HEADS or TAILS on the clips (which I HATED in my previous NLE). Just trim as needed and overlap - DONE.

Tim Kay January 4th, 2005 12:35 PM

.avi .wmv wont open in Vegas 5

Hey All,

so i have this .avi that will play and open in windows media player just fine but when i go to open and edit it in Vegas only the audio portion opens.

When i capture video i don't have this problem.

Is there 'one button' that i'm missing? I tried read only and it didn't make a difference. Any other thoughts to why this is happening?

Edward Troxel January 4th, 2005 01:30 PM

Yes. You don't have the proper codec installed for Vegas to use to read this file. Did this file happen to come from a camera? If yes, you need to download an MJPEG codec. I have full information about this in the Vegas FAQ at the link below my name.

Tim Kay January 4th, 2005 02:21 PM

yes it came from a camera but it isn't a still photo (thus being .avi like your page said).

i think i found the link on your page

http://thetroxels.com/vegas/forum/vi...ht=mjpeg+codec

is this the one i need to download? It is a movie file and this makes reference to a still. The computer is not at my house so i want to have as much info before i leave and try to trouble shoot but this sounds like the problem. I'll keep you posted when i get back.

thanks

Edward Troxel January 4th, 2005 03:29 PM

That's the correct link. You can either download the one referenced there or look at the other references for other options.

Milt Lee January 4th, 2005 05:50 PM

spliting multiple tracks

Hi - While it's not critical, it would be very convenient if I could split (s key) more than one track at one. I'm editing a project where I've put 4 tracks above each other synced together. One is a video and one is a video of a person watching that video ( a reaction shot) Now I'm editing out large portions of it because I just want a few minutes.

So when I get to an edit point, I split the first track, select the next track, move the cursor to the same point, split the second track etc etc. Is there some easier way. Could I create a region that I could remove? Or does Vegas have a way to move to a different track without moving the cursor?

Thanks!
Milt Lee

Tim Kay January 4th, 2005 06:43 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Edward Troxel : That's the correct link. You can either download the one referenced there or look at the other references for other options. -->>>

Ok so that worked, AWESOME! Couldn't believe how easy it was. Just when i was happy that it all worked, a new problem emerged.

I want to use the "print to tape" option but it kept telling me file type wasn't recoginzed, yet i could play it in vegas (tried .wmv, .avi & .mpeg). Why would i get the error message? The tape was new, camera was in tape mode, yet i couldn't print or preview.

My explanation is kind of vauge so if you need more info let me know

thanks

Fred Finn January 4th, 2005 09:48 PM

You can download 3D LE plugin from the original page, but they don't offer support for it. http://www.debugmode.com/bin/download.php?pluginpac.zip

Edward Troxel January 4th, 2005 10:19 PM

If you want ALL tracks split, either CTRL-A to select all events or CTRL-SHIFT-A to deselect all events. If you only want specific tracks split, CTRL-Click each event you want split before pressing "S".

Splitting is very logical:
Nothing selected - everything is split
Something selected - only selected events are split

Edward Troxel January 4th, 2005 10:20 PM

Camera should be in VTR mode.

Ineta Salna January 5th, 2005 01:38 AM

Vegas 5 crashing during rendering process

Hello everyone!!!

Can someone please help me - I recently bought Vegas 5 (I was working with Vegas 4.0 till then) and was unpleasantly surprised when it started crashing down during the rendering process of a 6 min long video clip. I have never had such problems with Vegas 4 and I don't think the problem is in my compi (I'm sure of that) - I do suspect that the new plugins (Adorage and Pixelan) might be the case, but I'm not sure for when I render just a small part of the project it works fine - but when I want to save all the video the program usually crashes around 90%. I even installed the updates - but in vain.

Please help!!!!!

Ineta

Rob Lohman January 5th, 2005 04:08 AM

Welcome aboard DVInfo.net Ineta!

What operating system version would you be on? Are those
plugins certified to be used with Vegas 5 (and not only 4)?
(I don't know those myself)