Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 67 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old March 19th, 2005, 11:35 PM   #991
Regular Crew

Thanks, Glenn :-)

You are probably right, but I think I might just play it safe... and go with the SATA

I am really a novice at all of this but some people over here...

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_harddrive&message.id=78784&query.id=626213#M78784

make it sound like if I don't get a sata drive with my dimension 4700 then I'm going to wind up with a little more technical challenge than my already overloaded brain can handle :-)!

Thanks again for all your help :-) Really!
Los Angeles, California
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:45 PM   #992
Regular Crew

Multiple Video

This is probably an easy question. I was just wondering if it is possible in Vegas 5.0 to output multiple video to one screen. I need two different "Frames" containing seperate video. What is the easiest way to do this.

Any help would be great..Thanks.

Darrin
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #993
Inner Circle

Sorry,
I think they're right and that you need a SATA drive. The 4700 may only have one IDE channel, in which case you would need a SATA drive. I'm probably thinking in the past where every computer has 2 or more IDE channels.
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:25 AM   #994
Inner Circle

You mean like picture-in-picture or picture wall or split wipe effects?

You can achieve all of the above with the pan/crop tool... you can read how to use it in the manual. There may also be tutorials on the internet, and Excalibur if you need to do picture walls often.
Old March 20th, 2005, 06:54 AM   #995
Sponsor: JET DV

I explain how to do this in the first three issues of my newsletters. If you're wanting a full video wall, Tsunami will let you quickly and easily create one of virtually any size.

If you want to figure out how by yourself, do a search in the help file for "Track Motion" to achieve a PIP.
Old March 20th, 2005, 08:12 AM   #996
Regular Crew

Thanks

Thank you very much
Old March 21st, 2005, 06:07 AM   #997
New Boot

For external audio/video control of Vegas, the Mackie Universal Control really is the one to beat, in spite of its cost. Very easy to set up, automated faders, track and timecode displays, jog/shuttle - everything you could want!

Peace,
Thom
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:03 PM   #998
Regular Crew

carnivale effects

I just saw the first episode of the HBO series Carnivale (I'm a bit out of the loop over here in Taiwan). I really liked the credit sequence in which it appears that you enter three demensional space in tarot cards.

Is it possible to achieve something similar to this effect (on a less grand scale) with Vegas? I have some ideas that 3D track motion combined with some photoshop work may be able to do the job but I'm curious if anyone has tried to do it.

For those that don't know what I'm referring to, there is a video of the Carnivale credits here:
http://www.hbo.com/carnivale/behind/credits/index.html

pdx10, EOS10D
Old March 21st, 2005, 11:57 PM   #999
Air China Pilot

Easy to do with AfterEffects. You could probably do it using Vegas.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 08:37 AM   #1000
Regular Crew

How would you go about it in After Effects? I've been meaning to do something similar to that as well.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 08:52 AM   #1001

I recall someone discussing doing this in Vegas. A quick search lead me to this thread: http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...ssageID=361821
Old March 22nd, 2005, 10:51 AM   #1002
Air China Pilot

<<<-- Originally posted by Mitch Buss : How would you go about it in After Effects? I've been meaning to do something similar to that as well. -->>>

Take a look in that Vegas thread. You can do all of that in AfterEffects but with the better tools in AfterEffects. The point of that thread is that the better tools just make it easier, not that you can't do it in a bread and butter video editing program like Vegas.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 07:02 PM   #1003
Regular Crew

critique some footage?

got a bunch of stuff up on our site, the 'Demo Intro' is a piece i was working on for an intro to a promotional dvd for the mag. we dont specialize in video, i just have a passion for it.

a lot of the video is crap, so if you feel like giving me creative suggestions, PLEASE do!

http://labproductions.com/news/labtv/

i'd suggest the DVD INTRO and Eagles of Death Metal.

most were shot on a sony digital 8, and the EODM was shot on my xl1s.

all done in vegas 4 and 5.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 08:00 PM   #1004
Major Player

64 Bit

How will the new release of Windows XP 64 bit (coupled with a 64 bit CPU) benefit us Vegas users?
Old March 22nd, 2005, 11:38 PM   #1005

Really hard to say since it cannot really be tested at this point.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...