Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 74 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old March 31st, 2005, 08:11 PM   #1096
Sponsor: JET DV

If it is truly the LAST frame in the clip (not the event) then you can just drag it as long as needed with looping turned off and the last frame will be repeated.

If it's NOT the last frame, my preferred method is the velocity envelope.
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:14 PM   #1097

Jon, if you're having to carry it back and forth between places, then I can see how it would be better than a deck. It should do you a good job.
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:17 PM   #1098
Major Player

Track Motion Drift

I'm trying to have a video clip fall through the frame. I have movement in X axis locked, but after I set the begininng adn ending key frames, it still drifts out right after the start of movement. Any ideas why it might be doing this?
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:21 PM   #1099

First of all, make sure the "smoothness" setting for all keyframes is set to 0 (default is 100).

Next, make sure you don't have any EXTRA keyframes.
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:14 PM   #1100
Major Player

I have already entered a number of keyframes, I need to change two tracks worth of keyframes to 0 smoothness, is there any quick way to force that for the duration of the whole track?
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:23 PM   #1101

Unfortunately, you need to do them one at a time. Did you test it on a couple and did it work?
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:32 PM   #1102
Major Player

Helped much! Thanks again Ed!

Now for the hard part....I'm trying to fly cookie cutter squares from off screen, but they seem to not want to go all the way off. Is there another tool I can fly from off the screen ? I am tring to segue from moving images to moving masks over a full screen image (black with small moving masks showing through to the under image) following the same movement pattern as the track motions.
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:06 PM   #1103
Regular Crew

I figured. I didn an install with it on a vegas version a few back and had some problems but 5 thus far seems very solid. I"m a user and fan of DVD architect so thought' i'd give it a shot.

Thanks.
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:10 AM   #1104
Major Player

You may want to check your bios settings. A lot of times, computers are shipped with "boot from diskette" turned off. That would mean system is still trying to boot from c drive. Are you seeing/hearing diskette drive activity when you boot?
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:16 AM   #1105
Major Player

Yes, when I was trying to boot, the 3.5 inch drive light came on and I heard disk activity.
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:19 AM   #1106
Regular Crew

Thanks, Edward.
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:27 PM   #1107
Major Player

Second Monitor

Any input would be great. I'm using an ATI 9600XT video card. DVI connection to primary monitor and VGA to secondary. When I employ the second monitor in Vegas the screen is real dark with a blue tint to it. I can't figure out why. Thank you
Old April 1st, 2005, 04:38 PM   #1108
Major Player

why does it look like that??

In my project I have scenes where it speeds up and slows down. When I render it the video looks good on windows media player but when I brun it to dvd it don't look smooth or clean ( the speeding part) same goes with scenes that fades in and out. I tried changing the field order also. The final render is on avi file and the recorder is a sony dvd recorder gx7. NLE on vegas 4.0 Any feed back is appreciated.
Old April 1st, 2005, 06:52 PM   #1109
Regular Crew

Is it just in Vegas or on all programs? If it is that way in all programs, I don't think you can do much other than adjust the hardware color levels / brightness / contrast to taste. I don't think the PC allows for ICC color profiling of two monitors at the same time.

FWIW, my second monitor is not color corrected, while my "main" monitor is -- so the second monitor has a slightly different color balance to it. But since I use it only for tool palettes in programs like Vegas, Photoshop, etc., it doesn't really matter.

Also, just thinking -- you might see if your video "control panel" settings allow for different color curves. Mine doesn't.
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:41 PM   #1110
Trustee

Quote:
I don't think the PC allows for ICC color profiling of two monitors at the same time.
I think it is possible, but you need the right profiling suite. I know ColorVision does not ('coz that's what I have), but I think GretagMacbeth and MonacoVision do.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...