Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 86 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 19th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #1276
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Buss
Forgive me if this has been asked already, but does anyone know what it will cost to update Vegas 5 to Vegas 6? Also, when is it going to be officially available for purchase. Thanks again.

MITCH
Available now. Upgrade pricing is on the Sony site.

Vegas+DVD to Vegas+DVD was $200 for me.
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:27 AM   #1277
Inner Circle

It's a subjective choice which is best.

60i = smoothest motion
30p = less smooth "film-like" motion
24p = film-like motion; may look stroby if you pan too fast
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:31 AM   #1278
New Boot

Isn't the upgrade price $249 for Vegas DVD? At least that's what I've seen on Sony's site. Does anyone know if Vegas 6 supports dvcampro 50 like Panasonic HVX?
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #1279
Major Player

Maybe I'm set up wrong.

Hi Ed,

I've emailed you two pics of my layout. Am I missing something here?

OK, I didn't send you the pics due to the lack of that ability in this boards email. Oops. Sorry. Regardless, hopefully my explanation below is clear enough.

I'm looking at the "project overview" window.

When I place the media (dances) in my project - in the appropriate menu's folder - they show up on the main menu screen...literally, or one of the sub-menus unless I place the media (all of the dances) in the root directory (the one with the disc for a symbol).

The media MUST go in the root(disc image) directory? Is that correct? Also, when I add all of my dances a second time...where do I put them?

Man, I MUST be missing something here.

sincerely,

ian
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #1280

REMINDER - NAB-Live Chat Tomorrow Night

Tomorrow night--Wednesday, April 20th, 9:00 p.m. Pacific time, there will be an online NAB-Live chat in the Vegas Café Chat Room with Douglas Spotted Eagle, Victor Milt, and other members of the VASST team.

You'll find the Vegas Café at: www.gooddogproductions.com/chat/vegas_cafe.htm

Add the above link to your "Favorites" folder.
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:26 AM   #1281
Major Player

The special pricing is available at the following link:

http://www.custcenter.com/cgi-bin/so...ted=1113828394

John
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #1282
Inner Circle

New Article at digitalproducer

Spot has a comprehensive article on many of the new features in Vegas 6 over at digitalproducer.com Clear and easy to understand.
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #1283
Inner Circle

More reasons to spend money

I just realized. With multi cpu support, we all have an excuse to get one of those expensive hotrods from Boxx technologies. hehehe.
Don't tell your spouse you heard from me.
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #1284
Regular Crew

Or build one yourself

You can build a similar/more powerful system with high quality components for less than 2/3 of the price.

You can also get a good barebone system from newegg or tigerdirect and avoid the hassle of installing the motherboard.

Cheers
-- Andre
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #1285
Inner Circle

Darn it Andre, the whole point was to talk about something most of us couldn't afford. Now you've gone and removed any reason not to. :) hehehe
I accept no repsonsibility for broken relationships what so ever.
Including my own.

Just wondering if I should purchase before or after moving to Germany.
Old April 19th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #1286
Trustee

ideally, you would have all the dance sequences encoded into one long mpeg2 file, with chapter markers wherever you wanted 'em... that way, you would be guaranteed to have play all capability, with no delay when switching chapters.

don't depend on a ps2 for anything, either... confirm the dvd's playback behavior in a real dvd player.
Old April 19th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #1287
Major Player

You nailed it Dan!

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the tip. By the time I read it I had already confirmed what you suggested but still the advice is appreciated.

I played the DVD in the player at work and it functions perfectly.

I guess I need to watch movies on something other than a PS2.

Thanks Dan & Ed for all of your help.

sincerely,

ian
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:31 AM   #1288
Inner Circle

Anyone else getting stack dump errors in V6?

this is a strange one..

i can go into anythign vegas related, but as soon as i try to open a project, or import some media, or even create a new project, i get fatal exceptions with stack dump errors..

now this is a wierd one as im yet to see this happen to anyone so far apart from one guy who mentioned it crashed 5 times in as many minutes..

now im all for media management, hell this was what i was looking out for when i proclaimed i could ditch my Avid, but it seems to me that there are stil some major flaws in the program.

one thign to note is that Vegas has been totally rebuilt from the ground up. Its core code has been rebuilt and as such, due to security, al testing was done internally@Sony (even the distributors here in oz didnt get a chance to beta test) Hell we were all on gag order about its new features let alone get a chance to play with it..

Reason i mention the above is that teething problems are to be expected.. Personally though, being one of the bigger advocates of Vegas i woud have expected a little more from it. Afew more filters, afew new features within the filters themselves, (such as latch recording keyframes as seen in the surround panner)

Sure show it at NAB, but they could have held back at least 4 weeks before distributing it. They could have said, yup, heres vegas, available on so and so day, instead of releasing it and gettin all this bad publicity.

obviously the problems will be fixed.. hell even PC games are released months ahead before theyre ready simply due to the big guys saying that the kit must be available there and then.

needless to say, i still cant use my demo copy of vegas and i wont be buying it until i learn the ins and outs of the new fetaures, but i cant do that until this crashing problem is resolved..
Old April 20th, 2005, 05:29 AM   #1289
Regular Crew

Thanks for all the help Grazie, well where am I at now........... Well, I captured in Movie maker, it doesn't have a dropped frame notifiation that I saw and the capture appeared to work fine there. Not a tape problem then. I then did a live feed direct from the camera and captured several minutes without dropping a single frame. I have noticed from doing that, that the capture duration and current location clocks are not ticking over smoothly when trying to capture off the tapes, that is to say it is almost stuttering compared with the live capture where the clocks just rolled over continuosly and smoothly.
Checked that link and I guess that Bios settings are a bit beyond me, but I have some tech support a few hours away, but he's not big on multimedia apps.....................................
I will try the tapes out in another camera when I can get hold of one (Saterday) and see if it is something with the tape mechanism, although it did capture tape ok with movie maker. So maybe it is something in the settings. I think that I will reset everything in Vegas back to default set up for PAL and capture to the ext hd and then have another go.
Stressed? Who me!!!!!
Thanks for spending so much time on this problem Grazie!!!
Cheers,
Colin
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:30 AM   #1290
Old Boot

Pleasure!

Look, I use an XM2, I use Vegas there WILL be a solution!

Best wishes

Grazie
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...