Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 90 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:22 PM   #1336
Regular Crew

Author: Luca's Film?

I finished rendering a photo montage on version 5 and the rendered video shows a different author name.

Format
wmv
3mbps video template
Best Video Rendering

And on the index/summary tab, I typed in all the information, and added my name for Author.
The rendered video shows "Luca's Film" as its author.

I rendered twice and checked options twice. What could be the problem?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:29 PM   #1337
Fred Retread

You've come through for me again, Ed. I didn't realize that I had properties options for the video itself. Thanks!
Old April 24th, 2005, 12:28 AM   #1338
Regular Crew

It is working now and hopefully will continue to work. Here's what I did.

I uninstalled SF a second time. Then, before I reinstalled it, I ran Vegas and opened the "bad" veggie. I removed the filters from the one audio track that had Wave Hammer on it, saved the file, then quit. Rebooted, reinstalled SF. Opened SF to make sure Wave Hammer ran as normal in SF. It did. Exited SF and rebooted again, then tried Wave Hammer in Vegas. This time it worked.

So far so good, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to work. Because of this hassle, I missed out on one of the few free nights I have to do some editing. Frankly, I'd rather have a dongle with the program than have such aggressive software piracy protection. I updated the firmware on my scanner recently -- that's the only thing I can think of that may have made a change to my computer configuration.
Old April 24th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #1339
Trustee

what some people do is to set the camera up so that you can swap pics around in front of it, doing frame captures into your editor as you go... crop by zooming the camera in and out, make sure that you have the lighting set up to be non-reflective across the pic.
Old April 24th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #1340
Regular Crew

Snapshot: How to take multiple snapshots in one go?

Hi,

I'm doing a project now in which I want to take frames of a video (taking snapshots from the preview window in Vegas), then apply certain effects to these frames, then import them back into Vegas for animation at a lower frame rate (e.g. instead of 25 fps, down to 5 fps). Basically, doing the manual frame by frame thing. I've searched the forums, and am glad to find that it is easy to import 'image' sequences in one go as a single clip but is there a fast way of saving jpeg snapshots of a video (e.g. every 5 frames) from Vegas?

If not, is there another method?

Thank you for your help,
Dennis
Old April 24th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #1341
Regular Crew

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ht=rotoscoping

Sorry guys, I should have searched more carefully before posting this topic. DV Info forums are excellent... everyone is really helpful.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old April 25th, 2005, 02:05 AM   #1342
Regular Crew

Render to MPEG-1/2 Different FPS?

Hi,

I'm doing a project which is at 5 FPS. When I render to MPEG 1 or 2 for PAL (I'm in NZ), the output is 25 FPS. However, when I watch the finished clip, Vegas has somehow 'smoothed out' the motion. In other words, at 5 FPS I had a sort of 'jagged motion', but in the rendered clip at 25 FPS, Vegas seems to fill the frames in between (i.e. frames 2, 3, 4, 5 between 1 and 6) with blurry motion, when what I want is for frames 2-5 to be exactly the same as frame 1 (i.e. basically frame 1 held longer).

I know there is a way to change this, which is to manually stretch each video event to 4 frames long instead of one. However, I've exported to photoshop for filtering then imported as an Image Sequence (very useful), thus it's just ONE video event.

So I'm thinking, is there a way to render to 5 FPS for MPEG 1 and 2 (for distribution on VCD/DVD)?

Thanks,
Dennis
Old April 25th, 2005, 04:26 AM   #1343
RED Code Chef

What you would really want to do (with 25p footage that is!!) is interpret
the footage as 24p, not convert it. I'm not sure if Vegas 6 can do this, but
if the file is in AVI you can do it very easily with an external tool:

1. go to www.doom9.org

2. click on download in the left menu

3. go to the "AVI Editing tools" section and click on "show all AVI editing tools"

4. download the program called "Avifrate1.10"

5. extract the program from the ZIP file and run it

6. load the AVI file, the frame rate should say 25.000

7. change it to 23.976

8. apply changes

9. load the saved AVI into Vegas, the audio should be shorter than the video now

10. ctrl+drag (stretch) the audio out to the length of the video

You should now have a 24p AVI file of your 25p file. Keep in mind that you
do NOT want Vegas to do a pulldown on the AVI since it really is 23.976,
not 30p which needs a pulldown!!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 25th, 2005, 05:44 AM   #1344
RED Code Chef

If you go into the advanced settings when exporting you should be able to
set a manual framerate (keep in mind that you can't play something like
this on a DVD player). If not, then select the custom template before going
into the advanced settings or you need to select some other option (I
remember something of a pulldown above these settings) in the advanced
screen(s).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #1345
Trustee

Vegas 6 Interface Appearance Question

I've been a Vegas user since Vegas Video 3.0 and it's a fantastic program. I just installed Vegas 6 and noticed a slight interface appearance difference. Can somebody confirm or deny what I see so I know if it's normal?

I've noticed that the little triangles on the clip corners are missing. Is this normal or is something wrong with my software? I know this must sound stupid but I just want to make sure my software is working properly for warranty and replacement purposes.

Thanks a million for your responses.
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #1346
Regular Crew

DVDA 3 - copy protection (not at replication facility)?

Any experience / advice on implementing copy protection with DVDA v.3?

The instructions in the help file refer to setting a flag on the burned DVD which would activate the copy protection at the replication facility.

Is there a way to copy-protect a DVD (using DVDA 3) on my PC, with my DVD burner?

Thank you.

-- Andre
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #1347
Major Player

Derek,

I followed this post from the general PC editing area, and I'm not a Vegas user. I did a montage sometime back as somewhat of a "summary" where previous clips started at the center from infinity and appeared to fly by both sides of the frame. About 10 clips were on the screen at one time, with only 4 or 5 large enough to see clearly at one time There were about 30 clips total, and it ran about 15 seconds. To do this in Ulead Media Studio Pro, I attached a moving path to each clip (could be still). I could then move, size, distort, curl, roll (and more) any of these clips, while establishing key frames for complex motion. Up to 99 layers can be used at one time. I can't imagine that Vegas wouldn't have similar capabilities.

With 200 stills, you could possibly have 6 to 10 on screen at one time. Do a little arithmetic to judge running time. Use your imagination to "create" what you would like to do - then find the tool to do it! My guess you'll find it right there in Vegas.
Old April 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #1348
Sponsor: JET DV

None of the copy protection schemes work with burned discs. Besides, they've all been broken anyway. Better to give them added value instead.
Old April 25th, 2005, 02:29 PM   #1349
Sponsor: JET DV

There were a few changes made and it is now capable of using XP Themes. However, there ARE little triangles in the upper left and upper right corners of the events. They're small but they're there.
Old April 25th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #1350
Tourist

Vegas 6 Problem

Hey, this is my first time at the forums, so sorry in advance if i'm asking a stupid question that there is already an answer available for somewhere.

I just got the trial of Vegas 6 (6.0a), and it won't start up. It installed perfectly, with dx9 and the .net 1.1 and SP1 for that, and when i booted it up the first time, it loads and then it just hangs on the vegas 6 splash screen which is titled Adobe Default Windows Sound Driver. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, yet it hasn't fixed the problem yet. I also have Terminal Services enabled, which supposedly fixes some crashing problems with vegas, but I'm not even lucky enough to get crashing problems yet, seeing that i cannot open the program. Vegas 5 still works perfectly, and I haven't seen anybody with this problem on any other boards, so I'm wondering if i just did something wrong with the installation or something? Any help is appreciated.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...