InfinitiCAM and V8.1 x64 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 30th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Inner Circle

InfinitiCAM and V8.1 x64

Hi all - anyone happen to have run into this? I'm setting up a new laptop, Vista 64, installed Vegas Pro 8.1, tried to install InfinitiCAM (VASST) 1.6.0 (I just downloaded the latest version)... getting error messages when I try to run the script, wondering what I missed??

Thinking of installing 8.0c and seeing if that somehow "cures" the problem, but rather keep the new install as clean as possible (still have to remove all the OEMuckware)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 06:47 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Vasst had to update their products to work properly with the 64-bit versions of Vegas (just like everyone else). You should make sure you're running the most current version of that product and also verify that the newest version has been updated. If you e-mail VASST directly, they will let you know if it's been updated and, if yes, where you can get the updated version.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:49 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Vasst had to update their products to work properly with the 64-bit versions of Vegas (just like everyone else). You should make sure you're running the most current version of that product and also verify that the newest version has been updated. If you e-mail VASST directly, they will let you know if it's been updated and, if yes, where you can get the updated version.
I talked to them by phone a couple of days ago and they said that there will be a new version in a couple of weeks or more.

Danny Fye
VidMus Video - Music Productions
Old August 31st, 2009, 07:28 PM   #4
Inner Circle

OK, so it looks like there may be an updated version? Any feedback on installing 8c and whether that will fool 8.1? I may just try it, but I hate installing "extra" software if it's not necessary...

I'll e-mail VASST too...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:26 AM   #5

Both 8.0c and 8.1 can be installed on the same machine. They are two totally separate installations.
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey Ed, does InfinitiCam run in Vegas 9 64b? I'm running Win7 Pro 64bit. I'm thinking of trying it. I have 8.1 also, but I'd rather keep everything in 9.
Brian Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #7

I'm sure it does. I know my program, Excalibur, does so I'm sure that it does as well.
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks! I'll give a go.
Brian Berg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...