Anyone share V5 "effects packages"? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 29th, 2004, 06:54 AM   #46
Sponsor: JET DV

Brian, at this point in time my site has no automatic upload mechanism. I would consider manually uploading files e-mailed to me and returning a proper link to those files for your posting. I would have to also see how much this affects my available bandwidth. So just e-mail them to me for now.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2004, 08:46 PM   #47

Guys, you can already share these on the VASST auto-mechanism if you'd like.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #48
Sponsor: JET DV

Spot, how about a new category for those files?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #49

There's a thought...I'll add a drop down to the page, and then I'll have Jason collate the shared chains into that new category. I'll try to get it done tonight. DV Expo is keeping us up late at night. :-)
Old December 1st, 2004, 12:40 AM   #50
Old Boot

Neat! - Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #51
Major Player

Growing list

There is a growing list of pre-sets under the Shared Effects category of Edward's jetdv.com Forum.

I will be adding some additional pre-sets, but several contributors have previously mentioned that they have developed many of their own pre-sets.

If you are able to contribute, please do so.

This is both an excellent opportunity to have others improve on what you have started and contribute to the Vegas community.

We are fortunate that Edward has graciously agreed to host these files.

Brian
Brian Mitchell Warshawsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #52
Old Boot

Yup! Mine are 3 of the 4 there . . .. so only two subscribers . . could be thousands!

Grazie
Old January 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #53
Major Player

Glen,
Is it possible for you to post your Magic Bullet recreations to JetDV for us to play with? It'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2005, 12:44 AM   #54
Old Boot

Kyle - things are getting exciting over there. Just recieved a Preset from Brian and now that I've made further adjustments to it, I've sent it back to Edward for inclusion.

2005 looks like being a Preset Year!

Grazie
Old January 10th, 2005, 09:32 AM   #55
Major Player

Community-wide Appeal

Kyle Asked:
>>>>Glen,
>>>Is it possible for you to post your Magic Bullet >>>>recreations to JetDV for us to play with?

To anyone who has developed their own Pre-Sets, by contributing and sharing your creations, more people may be inspired to contribute, and this sharing has the potential to build into something special, a kind of cinematic critical mass. Linux clearly demonstrates what can happen when a community comes together to improve on each other's improvements.

Or look to the VASST site for inspiration. Resources such as the scripts/veg/free stuff/etc collections only come about from the generosity of talented people who know that only a strong Vegas "community" will lead to the continued development and future viability of Vegas. This benefits us all.

If you, like I, have benefited from Edward and Spot's tireless support, here is an excellent opportunity to respond in kind.

Imagine the next time someone from the "other" PC platform NLE claims exclusive plug-in domination, and the Vegas community counters with thousands of pre-set "looks" which are available only in Vegas.

It’s easy to contribute!

Use the Sony Pre-Set Manager (free download) to send the pre-set to Edward, he'll send you a link, and then simply post a description in the Shared Effects forum at JetDV.

What could be simpler?

Brian
Old January 10th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #56
Major Player

Well put Brian. If everyone helps everyone else, everyone is better off.

Personally, I haven't had a lot of time to spend learning to colour correcting or giving video a certain 'look' yet. I really hope to get stuck into it this year. I was just looking to get a start by seeing what other people have done in this area and I'll be happy to post any effects I come up with for others to use.

Cheers.
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:56 AM   #57
Old Boot

Posted "NASTY Red" ! Its horrid! You have been warned . . but I like it . .. well I would!

Grazie
Old January 15th, 2005, 06:10 PM   #58
Major Player

Wish List

We should also post Wish Lists in case someone either has an effect to share, or suggestions on how to create such a look.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to achieve a Zone System (Ansel Adams) effect or even better a Vegas script?

This would be the ultimate black and white effect. DFT has the ozone plugin but it should be possible to create this effect in Vegas.

Brian
Old January 15th, 2005, 06:16 PM   #59

just as a reminder, you can upload presets to the VASST site too. Just select the Presets in the dropdown tab when you upload.
There is currently only one up there, but more should be coming soon as I continue to revamp the site.
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:44 PM   #60
Major Player

Spot,

I located the Vegas Presets in the Projects dropdown tab, but when selected, the following message is displayed:

"No projects match your criteria"

Is the currently preset you mentioned located elsewhere?

Thanks again for adding this to the VASST site.

Brian
Brian Mitchell Warshawsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...