DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas and Flash (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/36214-vegas-flash.html)

Philippe Gosselin December 10th, 2004 07:13 PM

Vegas and Flash

Hi all ,

Did a search about importing flash files in vegas but didn't come up with much. I saw on one thread that this action is possible in Vegas 5 but the poster was asking about something else.

So here it is , anybody played with that combination , all I really want to do is great intro's for movie's and promo's in Flash and drop them in Vegas.

Is there any advice for starters on this kind of operation. I'm really new in flash but your vocabulary for Vegas can be as you see fit :)

Thanks in advance

Phil

Edward Troxel December 10th, 2004 09:51 PM

*some* flash files can be imported into Vegas. If you are just wanting to use flash for your titles, it should work great.

Philippe Gosselin December 11th, 2004 05:10 PM

Thx Ed,

Have you ever fiddle around with this before , any examples that you know of on the web maybe.

Indeed I just want to make great flash titles nothing more

I am actually learning Swift3D to import in flash so I will be able to mix animation and "flashy" titles :)

Thx and take care

Tony Hall December 11th, 2004 07:21 PM

I believe flash movies can be exported in the quicktime format. So, that makes them easier to import without compatibility problems.

Edward Troxel December 11th, 2004 10:36 PM

Philippe, it should work fine for that purpose. Just export them as flash 5. Here's the official info from Sony:

http://www.custcenter.com/cgi-bin/so...LnN3Zg**&p_li=

Philippe Gosselin December 12th, 2004 01:15 PM

Boy that answers it all !!!!

Thxx Ed and Tony.

Now just out of curiosity I'm trying to find movies with flash intro's , anybody where I can find some.

thx guys

Phil

Fred Finn December 13th, 2004 06:58 PM

Hey guys (and gals sorry...),

Now i'm trying to get the .swf files to show in Vegas and I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried the way the vegas webpage shows (deslecting the compress movie checkbox) and nothing, and I tried publishing it as a flash 5, but that hasn't worked either.

The image i put in my vegas timeline has is transparent with no text or anything.

Any ideas??

Thanks

*edit I also went through the sony forums, but they all said the same thing.Nothing useful as i still can't see the text. I have it as the most basic of settings (no layers, no animation, no action script, just text as text).

Harris Ueng December 14th, 2004 01:08 AM

Hey Fred,

I usually just drag the .swf right onto the timeline from the Vegas file explorer. The clip appears there as any other media clip does. I just tried it again before posting, and it worked fine.

In my test clip, I had three elements on three layers spanning 50+ frames -- text in a text box, text broken out as a graphic then converted into a graphic object and a circle graphic converted into a graphic object. I tweened all three objects and am seeing all three objects animate in Vegas

I published two .swf's from my test .fla. One a Flash 5. and one a Flash 6. They both imported into Vegas without a hitch.

I exported out, as usual, using the NTSC DV render preset and the rendered file showed with no problems.

Can you describe in detail what exactly are you trying to accomplish, what steps you took in your attempt, and what version of Flash and Vegas you're using? Maybe one of us can point you in the right direction.

Fred Finn December 14th, 2004 09:21 AM

Hey Harris,

I'm using Flash MX 2004 and Vegas 5. I had a setup similar to yours originally, but it was't working so I simplified it. Now I have 1 layer on 1 frame with no moving text, and the text has not been converted to a graphic. I've tried saving as flash player 5, 6, and 7 (with the compress box unselected).

On the vegas timeline the .swf appears transparent, with nothing in it.

My goal was just to play with the text to make a generic Title intro for my short films.

Thanks for your help!!

Fred Finn December 14th, 2004 09:55 AM

OK i got it to work. I think it might have had something to do with a lack of frames..... Not sure. I just made a new one with 198 frames and it appears within the Vegas timeline. Thanks again for your help though.

Harris Ueng December 16th, 2004 11:02 AM

Glad you've got it worked out!

(sorry for the late reply... I've had less of a chance to hop on here over the last few weeks... slammed with projects.) :-)

Fred Finn December 16th, 2004 09:50 PM

No worries. Thanks for the follow up reply!!

Hendy Witanto December 28th, 2004 06:59 PM

Hi. another way how do titles in Flash MX and put it to Veges is exported the .fla as .avi and then use in Vegas Chroma key to deleted the background of flash avi....

if u prepare the .fla in same size as video in vegas, with same framerate, and best quality export video, it works...