Stabilizer Plugin for Vegas? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 19th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #31
Major Player

I second that.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 02:45 AM   #32
Old Boot

6 Easy-Peasy steps

1] Download the Deshake file and onto Desktop.

2] Install by double clicking on it

3] Open Vegas

4] GO: Tools | Scripting | Rescan Script Menu Folder

5] Return to Timeline and click on Event you want Deshaken

6] GO: Tools | Scripting | choose "deshake" . . and stand back and watch the magic!

So to recap: Download; Install; Rescan Script Menu; Double Click an Event and then pick n' click deshake.

And that's all folks! Totally "Grazie-Proof"!

I have no idea how to use Virtual Dub or how to alter the settings. But this process has worked for me when ever I've needed it or needed to reinstall it.

Grazie

Last edited by Graham Bernard; March 20th, 2009 at 02:46 AM. Reason: formatting . . .
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
6 Easy-Peasy steps

1] Download the Deshake file and onto Desktop.

2] Install by double clicking on it

3] Open Vegas

4] GO: Tools | Scripting | Rescan Script Menu Folder

5] Return to Timeline and click on Event you want Deshaken

6] GO: Tools | Scripting | choose "deshake" . . and stand back and watch the magic!

So to recap: Download; Install; Rescan Script Menu; Double Click an Event and then pick n' click deshake.

And that's all folks! Totally "Grazie-Proof"!

I have no idea how to use Virtual Dub or how to alter the settings. But this process has worked for me when ever I've needed it or needed to reinstall it.

Grazie
Excellent! I assume I need to have VirtualDub installed first? Will try it out later and report back. Thanks!
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #34
Major Player

Well I followed the example and by golly it all worked. Afetr taking a particularly tough set of footage (1 minute's worth) and running it through DeShaker (almost an hour of processing) my final result is a black screen with some teensie lettering in the middle which if I zoom in on it I can make out something about "this image"..."processed" and Deshaker. How do I view the finished render ?
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:22 PM   #35
Old Boot

Chris, this has not been my experience.

I get the steadied results coming back into the original Event as a "Take 2" - very useful as a comparison. My experience has been that after executing the Deshaker script on an Event, a "temporary" video track is inserted at the Track 1 position; Deshaker does its thing and I can see the menus flashing by with 2 windows of activity going on; this stops and the temp track is removed and the Take 2 is added to the Event I originally selected. And that's been my experience.

I don't understand why 1 minute should take nearly an hour to process through Deshaker. What input format media are you attempting to steady-up? Can you try out something less and see what you get?

Grazie
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #36
Major Player

I was inputting a cineform captured clip... I tried later with a less jittery clip and it ran through it MUCH faster, but with the same end result. It creates a new file in the deshaker folder but it is black. When I toggle between the input and output it freezes the input image when I select output image.

I am running Vista 64, and for this test am using Vegas 8.0c. My file is an HDV file...and even using a MT2 file I have the same issues. It sppears to be doing every thing except in the end there is not an output file.

Also when I ran rescan script menu folder nothing happens. to run Deshaker I click run script, and then click on deshaker as the script from the deshaker file folder and it seems to run.
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:00 AM   #37
Old Boot

I don't use Vista, nor Cineform nor MT2 files. So this is NOT my epxerience. Maybe you need to find a person who uses DS on your kind of set up and workflow?

In any event I don't look in the Deshaker folder for the file. As I said the deshaken clip comes back as a TAKE 2 in the original Event. Are you seeing a Take 2?

Grazie
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM   #38
Major Player

Quote:
I don't use Vista, nor Cineform nor MT2 files. So this is NOT my epxerience. Maybe you need to find a person who uses DS on your kind of set up and workflow?

In any event I don't look in the Deshaker folder for the file. As I said the deshaken clip comes back as a TAKE 2 in the original Event. Are you seeing a Take 2?

Grazie
No I am not seeing a take 2.

Further work on my end. I am running Vista. I have vegas 8.0c and 8.1. Same issue both places.

Firstoff, I erased all occurrences of Virtual Dub (I thought) and Deshaker. I previously had Virtual Dub 1.6.16 (seems like that was the number)

I downloaded Virtual Dub 1.8.something.

I downloaded the deshaker link provided onto my desktop and unzipped it.
I opened Vegas 8.0c. I clicked on tools and then scripts and asked it to rescan...nada showed up for deshaker. That thing (rescan and voila!) just has not workled at ALL for me.

I picked a short clip. I selected the clip, went to tools, scripts and then run script and manually selected he deshaker script. (How I have always had to do it, until I put the deshaker script manually into the script menu file).

As before, it rendered the avi, then went to Virtual dub (but seemed to find the old one rather the 18.8... I am still looking for that old version to delete) Did its thing and once again... "Virtual Dub did not render this on first pass." Black screen. Rerender attempts are fruitless.

I am about to throw in the towel. Help ?

Last edited by Chris Swanberg; March 21st, 2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:47 PM   #39
Old Boot

Chris, go to where you have installed the elements of Deshaker. For me that is C:\Deshaker . In there there is a Readme.txt . Open it and see if you are complying with the program and if the progression of the deshake process is the same for you. There is a description of the "Theory of Operation" which might throw some light on your situ?

It sounds as if parts of your install are not where the program is expecting it to be - maybe?

Grazie
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:56 AM   #40
Major Player

Clarification please

I'm interested in using deshaker but i am getting a bit confused. Here are my questions?

Do you have to install virtualdub and deshaker THEN install the script?
Michael Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:17 PM   #41
Major Player

Quote:
ps, I tried to read the "long" signpost at the beginning to get a location? I spent 5 years around SA. Great time and even greater people! I owe them a lot.
Graham, it was near Taung in the North West (the place they found the skull that apparently explains the link in evolution) I was surprised by the rural condition myself. I rarely venture that far away from civilization.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:53 PM   #42
Major Player

Well, I keep trying... maybe someone can spot my issue, or maybe, I am just pursuing something that won''t work.

Here is what seems to be happening.... When I start the deshaker script, itgoes through the AVI sequence, then it goes through the first pass in Deshaker. It puts the file in the deshaker folder and shows it on my timeline (all alone) but the video image is a black frame and in the middle of it is a line saying "Deshaker did not render this image in Pass 1". And there it ends.

Since I am running a 64 bit app (Vista I thought maybe it was the Virtual Dub program. The link above loads version 1.16.16 abd I brought the 1.18 version off the virtual dub site, and it is supposed to work with 64bit apps.

I deleted the older VD files in the Deshaker folder and substituted these new ones.

Re ran it on a short clip, and same thing.

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance if anyone might offer any help.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:14 PM   #43
Major Player

Chris,

I am getting the same thing.... It may be an issue with mt2 files. I am going to open a sd project and try it. I will let you know what I find.

UPDATE: deshaker worked fine with sd avi. file. I am now going to render mt2 file to avi uncompressed and try that.
Michael Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM   #44
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg View Post
Since I am running a 64 bit app (Vista I thought maybe it was the Virtual Dub program. The link above loads version 1.16.16 abd I brought the 1.18 version off the virtual dub site, and it is supposed to work with 64bit apps.
Unless you are running ver. 8.1 of Vegas Pro you are not running a 64-bit app. You are running a 32-bit app on a 64-bit OS.
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 09:55 PM   #45
Major Player

You are of course correct.. I have tried running this under both Vegas 8.0c and Vegas 8.1. Either way I have trouble.... and it is the same trouble I had when running the earlier version of Virtual Dub.

Part of me thinks I am just tilting with windmills here. Another part thinks thete may be some simple answer that I merely need to uncover. (It sucks sometimes to be an optimist.)
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...