My Wish List for Vegas 6 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:21 PM   #31
Major Player

I had no idea this existed; Question:

I tired this technicque onthe timeline and it put a RED Border either on Left or Right (Depending on what key I selected of course) and when hitting delete it removed the same Event no matter which side.

I wanted to:

S split the Event
Select a Key for LEFT or RIGHT

and have the option of either deleting LEFT of the SPLIT or RIGHT of the SPLIT

Am I missing something here? I am trying to understand.
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:20 AM   #32
Sponsor: JET DV

The "[" and "]" keys set the "editing mode" - that's the reason you saw the red outlines.

When you press "S", it splits and the right side is automatically selected. When you then press "[", it puts the clip on the right side into "edit mode". Pressing "[" again puts next event to the left (i.e. the event to the left of the split) into edit mode - therefore selecting it. That's why this procedure will work.

Alternately, the 7 key on the numpad will also do the same as "[". Do a search in the help file to find out more about editing with the numberpad. You can do all sorts of editing using only the numberpad.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #33
Major Player

Thanks again Edward

This is exactly what I have been wating to do since I started using Vegas; I'll be sure to take a xloser look at 'Key Commands'.

Thank you!
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #34
Trustee

Here is another wish: adopt Photoshop's filter model. Let each filter have its own opacity, mask, and blend mode.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #35
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Emre Safak : Here is another wish: adopt Photoshop's filter model. Let each filter have its own opacity, mask, and blend mode. -->>>

I'm kinda unclear on what you mean: You mean like the ability to fade filters (Edit/Fade)?
Van Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #36
Trustee

Close...I am talking about adjustment layers (speaking of which, there are rumors that the next version is going to have all filters as adjustment layers.)
Emre Safak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...