DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/4092-vegas-video-discussions-2005-q3q4.html)

Colin Rayner December 29th, 2005 03:12 PM

Thanks Ed,
Again...................

Zdravko Jancevski December 30th, 2005 06:35 AM

Mouse scroll timeline

I wonder if it's possible work with scroll weel on mouse , for frame by frame editing the timeline. With simple drag the edit line, it's not so easy to find desired frame to cut.
Regards.

Don Bloom December 30th, 2005 06:59 AM

By enlarging the timeline you will be able to get to frame by frame-you can use the mouse wheel to enlarge the timeline or use the + sign on the right side of the timeline to do the same
Don

Colin Rayner December 30th, 2005 01:33 PM

AC-3 to DVD Architect

Just checking, having rendered my project into 2 files, Mpeg2 for the video stream and AC-3 for the audio stream, I import the two into Architect, do nothing more to the audio file, create a button for the Mpeg2 file and all is well?
Every resource that I have checked is quite vague on what to do with your AC-3 file once you add it to your project in DVD Arch.

Douglas Spotted Eagle December 30th, 2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Rayner
Just checking, having rendered my project into 2 files, Mpeg2 for the video stream and AC-3 for the audio stream, I import the two into Architect, do nothing more to the audio file, create a button for the Mpeg2 file and all is well?
Every resource that I have checked is quite vague on what to do with your AC-3 file once you add it to your project in DVD Arch.

There is nothing more to do, or that can be done with the AC3 file. If it's the same name as the MPEG, and in the same folder, DVDA should automatically marry the two together. If for some reason it doesn't, double click the mpeg to load it into the Timeline, and drag the AC3 file to the audio track in the timeline.
That's all you need to do.

Steven Davis December 30th, 2005 01:45 PM

Video Timer

Is there a way I can insert a video timer, that will count with the video. What I want to do is give a sample video that someone can look at and say for example: At 3:43 minutes there is XYZ and I want that cut out.

I'm looking for a timer over the video itself.

Colin Rayner December 30th, 2005 01:45 PM

Thanks for that Spot, I have the Intro to DVD Arch and V6 Fasst but didn't get my head around that.
Thanks again

Edward Troxel December 30th, 2005 03:23 PM

Look at the Timecode FX. Just add it to the track and that should do it.

Steven Davis December 30th, 2005 05:29 PM

Thanks Edward, since I'm doing it on a multi track project, I just added it to a transparent layer. Thanks again. BTW, I've been enjoying your newsletters.

Edward Troxel December 30th, 2005 08:23 PM

Thanks. Glad you got the timecode to work and you're finding the newsletters useful.

Gary Kleiner December 31st, 2005 12:11 AM

<since I'm doing it on a multi track project, I just added it to a transparent layer.>

You could drop the Timecode FX right onto the Preview Widow to apply it to the whole project.

Gary