DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/4092-vegas-video-discussions-2005-q3q4.html)

Gary Bettan July 21st, 2005 03:13 PM

Class On Demand Vegas 6.0 TurboCharger Kit

We just launched a new Vegas productivity bundle:

Class On Demand Vegas 6.0 Complete Training ($119.95 value)
Sony Vegas® 6, packed with powerful new features, is arguably the ultimate all-in-one environment for creative professionals, can now be quickly mastered with “Complete Training for Vegas® 6” from Class on Demand.

Excalibur 4.5 ($99.95 value)
Speed up your workflow with live switching between cameras and the ability to assign most tools individually to the toolbar. The Original scripting plug-in for Sony Vegas providing multi-cam features such as sync assistance, auto PIPs, camera scripts, and the tally system now enhanced to include live camera switching.

ProDad Heroglyph ($129.95 value)
Complete Software package for advanced video titling with extended layout and effect possibilities, map/route animations/visualisations with moving objects, videowalls with unique effects with a few mouseclicks, Plugin for Vegas, DV, HD compatible.

ProDad Adorage 2 ($99.95 value)
Effect-software with more than 1200 videoeffects such as transitions, picture-in-picture, splitscreen, particle effects such as snow, rain, light-effects such as lenses, natural fire etc., almost realtime, Plugin for Vegas, HD, DVD compatible.

That's over $450 worth of cool stuff for under $200!! For more info http://www.videoguys.com/COD.html

Gary

Jeff Baker July 21st, 2005 03:51 PM

Well as an update, 30i to 60p and back to 30i for output looks the best so far. Don't know why it looks better than 30i by itself yet...

Edward Troxel July 22nd, 2005 02:28 PM

Try this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=45440

Derek Weiss July 23rd, 2005 09:24 AM

Still Images in Vegas??

Vegas 5.0

Still images look horrible when burned to DVD! Any suggestions on gettting rid of the (terminology) shaky, pixelated look?

Thanks, newbie here.

Devin Eskew July 23rd, 2005 11:42 AM

Check out the link below this one: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=48136

It should help.

Don Bloom July 23rd, 2005 06:29 PM

After you freeze the frame as a PNG in Vegas (remember to change the preview screen to BEST FULL) then RIGHHT CLICK the still and in the PROPERTIES use SMART DEINTERLACING OR bring it into Photoshop and deinterlace it then bring it back to VEgas. Either should work fine and the jaggies should go away not to bother you anymore.

Don

Bill Porter July 23rd, 2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom
OR bring it into Photoshop and deinterlace it then bring it back to VEgas.

How do you deinterlace in Photoshop?

Rob Lohman July 24th, 2005 04:10 AM

The main reason to use uncompressed usually involves exchanging the footage
between multiple programs (for sending it from an NLE to a MPEG-2 encoder
it is usually wiser to simply use frame serving) to add effects or color correction etc.

Don Bloom July 24th, 2005 06:28 AM

Toolbar>FILTER>VIDEO>De Interlace

Don

Curt Talbot July 24th, 2005 07:57 AM

Undoing a Split

I am relatively new to Vegas so forgive me if the answer to my question is found in the manual. I looked through it and couldn't find it so here we go.

I am editing a piece that has a video track and two audio tracks. One of the audio tracks is the audio from the camera, the other is from a soundboard. I want to substitue a portion of the soundboard audio for the camera audio. The portion I want to substitue needs to be 'normalized'. The problem is that there are several sound peaks within the clip that prevent the whole piece from being normalized all at once.

So, I selected a time range over the portions with the loud sounds and then split at those points. I then 'normalized' the other portions. This seemed to work find. I then created a new group of all these clips so I could move them all at the same time. However, I really wanted to undo the splits so I would have a single clip which would be easier to work with but I can't figure out how. Is that possible? When I undid the split from the pull down menu of previous "undo's" I lost my normalization.

Ultimately, I want to subsitute that clip for the audio from the camera without losing my sync. If I simply drag it over top of that clip is there any problem? In the back of my mind I think I should be deleting the old underlying clip that I don't want but perhaps I am being to fussy.

I know there are lots of ways to accomplish the same thing in Vegas but I am interested in learning to do it the right way, if there is such a thing.

Any comments would be appreciated.

thanks

Curt

Derek Weiss July 24th, 2005 10:50 AM

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful, as always.

Edward Troxel July 24th, 2005 11:25 AM

If you want some of the pieces normalized and others not normalized, you can't go back to a single piece. However, If you really DO want a single piece, just delete all of the pieces except for the first one and then resize the first one back to the original length. (or use the "Unsplit Media" tool in Excalibur).

To counteract the normalization problem, try using a volume envelope to adjust the volumes.

Ken Plotin July 24th, 2005 12:33 PM

Or you could select all the "split clips" and render them out as a new wave file
which would retain the individual normalization settings of the clips.

Hope this helps.
Ken

Matt Brabender July 24th, 2005 04:35 PM

Rob, would there be any quality loss using the frameserver?

Hugh DiMauro July 25th, 2005 06:45 AM

Vegas 6 Does Not Work w/ Windows 64 bit O/S

I found out the hard way. I'm kinda bummed because I've used Vegas since version 3 and know the interface and am comfortable with it. Vegas software tech support also confirmed that Vegas is not engineered to work with the 64 bit O/S. I hope they offer a patch so I can go back to using it again.