Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2005, 01:11 PM   #316
Inner Circle

File
Import Media
In the dialog box, look at the bottom. Import as image sequence.

OR

programs like RAD video tools and Quicktime Pro can convert between image sequences and video formats.

OR

I think there's a way to set default still length to 1 frame. But maybe not.
Old August 14th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #317
Sponsor: JET DV

If they're all numbered such as pic001, pic002, pic003 etc... the answer is YES. Just go to File - Import Media, choose the first image, and then check the box that says "Open still image sequence".
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:01 PM   #318
Major Player

What is the source? What camera type. Also, is it captured through firewire or is in an analog capture? Only time I've seen a flickering line like that is through an analog capture.

Can you post a sample? That would probably get you an answer instantly.

DJ
Old August 14th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #319
Regular Crew

Thanks Ed, figured it out...and love the script by the way!
Old August 15th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #320
Regular Crew

Transitions

Are there any transitions out there there to be purchased for Vegas 6?
I am interested particularly on wedding transitions.
Thanks.
Old August 15th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #321

You might want to take a look at Pixelan and Adorage. Both of these add many new transitions.

There's also a free luminence transition available which could be helpful if you have the proper gray-scale images.
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #322
Fred Retread

Dynamics compressed by AC3 rendering?

I've never noticed before, but there seems to be limiting or compression of the dynamics I created in my .veg file using volume envelopes when I render the audio to AC3. The volume difference is clearly there when I playback from the timeline. I don't see any related settings except maybe the dialog normalization level. Am I imagining things?
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:45 PM   #323
Major Player

What are your current settings? I don't edit in Vegas (or even on the PC), but I spotted your post because I've wondered about this same thing. The AC-3 codec seems the same across platforms - I've seen the prompt in Vegas and it has all the same options as A.Pack/Compressor on the Mac - so if you're doing stereo mixed at around -12 or -18 db then -31 seems to be the setting in dialog normalization that doesn't mess with dynamics. I read this on a couple of websites and my replicator confirmed it for me. You should also make sure that you are not using the "Film Standard Compression," which for some godawful reason is the default setting in A.Pack. If you don't set that to "None" then the AC-3 codec will massacre stereo sound intended for home video/television. Some AC-3 interfaces also turn on low-pass and DC hum filters by default - I don't know about Vegas. I just realized that I am writing this as if you are not a regular AC-3 user so I apologize if it's too basic for you.
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #324
Inner Circle

Try using the following settings.

Encode set to AC3
Click on Custom tab.
On the first tab, set diag. norm to" -31".
On the last tab marked preprocessing, set the Line mode profile
and RF mode profile mode to "none".
Now save that as a preset.

Mike
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:40 PM   #325
New Boot

Audio problems burning DVD's with DVD Architech

Hi all,

I've been using Vegas 5.0d and DVD Architech 2.0b for about a year now and have made many homemade DVD's with no problems. I just got SoundForge 8.0 to improve he audio in the DVD's. Once I load the .avi into Vegas, I hit copy to audio editor which opens a copy of the audio in Sound Forge. I do some stuff (noise reduction, Graphic eq, etc). and then make a new copy of the audio (in wav format). I then take that wav and add it as a separate audio track in Vegas. I mute the original audio (or delete it), and then render to .mp2 as usual. I then load up the .mp2 in DVD Architect. I run the preview and hear the audio no problem. I then burn the DVD. When I place the DVD in my computer, I can hear the audio no problem. When I place the DVD in my home player - NO AUDIO. I go back to the .mp2 file and play it DVD Architect and can hear the audio.

I do back to Vegas - go back to the original audio - render to .mp2 - insert .mp2 into DVD architect - burn DVD - now I have audio again from my home player.

Can anyone please help me? I really want to use the improved audio from SoundForge in my DVD's.

Thanks,
Isaac
Old August 16th, 2005, 02:07 AM   #326
Fred Retread

Thanks guys, that made a difference!
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #327
New Boot

I'm not sure why your MPEG audio (mp2) file appears to be different when rendered from a Sound Forge audio source as opposed to a Vegas audio source. Were both WAVs in PCM format?

Forgive me if you're already aware of this, but, my understanding is that North American DVD players are only required to support PCM and Dolby Digital audio (AC3). Many support DTS and some support MPEG (mp2). Perhaps your DVD player is finicky about MPEG audio, and the source file is having an affect on the creation of the mp2?

What happens when you use your prferred audio source encoded in Dolby Digital (AC3) for your DVD instead of mp2?
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:08 AM   #328

Sounds like you're not using the connection between Vegas and Sound Forge to it's fullest abilities. When you open a copy in Sound Forge, saving in Sound Forge should return the revised audio as a TAKE on top of the original audio.

As for why the audio may not be appearing, is it possible the audio is only on the left channel and, on the TV, only the right channel is connected? (or the other way around). Or is it a stereo signal being converted down to a mono signal and the two sides of the audio are canceling out each other? I've seen both happen.
Old August 16th, 2005, 01:42 PM   #329
Major Player

I wondered if you ever got an answer on this.
Old August 16th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #330
New Boot

Ultimate S 2 Deals?

Do you know of any special deals on Ultimate S 2 for DV Info members?

Perhaps it's offered in a bundle at a special price? The regular price of $149 (US) on the VASST site is fair. I just don't want to overlook any bonus deals.

Ultimate S 2 at VASST http://www.vasst.com/product.aspx?id...2-f703f5050400

Ryan
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...