DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/4092-vegas-video-discussions-2005-q3q4.html)

Jeff Kirkland July 2nd, 2005 08:14 PM

Sounds like a great demo - I'll be at SMPTE so I'll be sure to stop by and check it out.

Peter Jefferson July 3rd, 2005 04:44 AM

i dont know if ill be flying down to melbourne, but i will definiately be at sydneys.
Vegas is one of the few true multiformat editors with an audio engine that surpases anything on the market (not even avid can do half the stuff vegas can do when it comes to audio, and making sure people are educated in that fact is a major thing for me.

but yeah, its gonna be good..

Rob Lohman July 3rd, 2005 06:28 AM

Glad you both got it sorted!

Johnny Lucus July 3rd, 2005 09:02 PM

No sound in mpeg2?

Ok heres what im doing - Im shooting 60i, opening a 24p timeline in Vegas 6, importing my footage and rendering as an AVI 24p 2:3:3:2 pulldown. Then I open up that AVI in vegas 6 and convert to a 24p mpeg2. The problem is, is that when I render as an mpeg2 24p there is no noise. No talking or anything. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

-Johnny Lucus

Edward Troxel July 3rd, 2005 11:11 PM

Many MPEG2 presets in Vegas do not contain audio. You have two options:

1) Easy Option: When picking MPEG2 as the type, go to Custom, go to the Audio tab, and Check the "Include Audio" box.

2) Correct Option: Render the audio separately to AC-3 and then give DVD Architect the "silent" MPEG2 file and the AC3 audio file.

DJ Kinney July 4th, 2005 09:21 AM

Also, as a side note, and if someone could please clarify, you have already done the 24p pulldown when rendering to AVI. If you do it again with the 24p mpeg, will this introduce strange artifacts? Or, if you render to 24p and then non-24p mpeg, is this re-introducing the missing 6 frames?

I'm just curious,

DJ

Jeff Baker July 4th, 2005 11:38 AM

I open a 29.97 60i project and then render to the 24p 2:3 mpeg2 option. This works for smooth playback for presentation, the other pulldown method mentioned above is a better editing or archival pulldown.

Johnny Lucus July 4th, 2005 02:43 PM

What I do to get my footage from 60i to 24p on a DVD:

- Shoot footage at 60i

- Open a new regular 24p timeline, capture footage from camera to computer and put 60i footage into 24p timeline.

- After editing as you normally would, render as AVI, choosing the template "NTSC DV 24p (inserting 2-3-3-2 pulldown)"

-After the 60i is rendered as an AVI 24p, open up the AVI file in Vegas 6 and render as mpeg2, choosing the template "DVD Architect 24p NTSC video stream"

- Look at the replys above to get your audio in there

- Open DVD architech and burn the dvd.

Hope this helps.

-j

Andrew Mills July 5th, 2005 04:50 PM

Matching GL1 video with VX1000 video

I shot some video with my GL1 and its going to be used in a video that is mainly shot with the VX1000. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for matching GL video with VX video in vegas.

Glenn Chan July 5th, 2005 10:26 PM

I have a little bit of information on my website. I hope that helps.
http://www.glennchan.info/matching/matching.htm

Peter Diamond July 6th, 2005 05:10 AM

Solved!

Thank you, Edward Troxel. I looked into what you said about ac3 audio and you were absolutely right. I managed to find a work-around for that small limitation in Vegas 6.

Brian Burns July 6th, 2005 11:45 AM

Windows Server 2003 with Vegas 6?

I am purchasing a new server with 2 x Xeon w/ Hyperthreading (so effectively 4 processors). Windows XP Pro can only handle 2. Anyone tried to run Vegas 6 on Windows 2003 server?

EDIT: Upon further reading, apparently Microsoft XP Pro will recognize 2 physical processors and the logical processors that are created by hyperthreading. I should have the server in about a week and will let you know if it actually works. Then I will see if Vegas 6 can actually utilize all 4 processors! My render times should be nice :)

Lisa Lendavic July 6th, 2005 05:00 PM

wireless mic audio

I am having trouble with picking up the audio of my wireless mic from a wedding I just did. I can hear it when I play back on the tv or in my xl2, but I can't get any sound when I capture it into sony vegas. I am trying to figure out how to seperate the channels if possible, but I am not having any luck. I even tried recapturing w camera just playing this channel (3 & 4). Help! I can't hear the vows. Thank you !!!
Lisa

Edward Troxel July 6th, 2005 07:37 PM

Go buy Scenalyzer Live. It will allow you to capture Video + Stereo 1 into an AVI file while simultaneously capturing Stereo 2 into a separate WAV file. Vegas capture won't capture stereo 2 (nor will most NLE's).

David Jasany July 6th, 2005 07:43 PM

For Gary Kleiner - Vegas 6 Companion

Gary,

Could you please give us an update on when the Vegas 6 Companion will begin shipping? We're very anxious!

Thanks.
Dave