Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) - Page 43 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #631
Sponsor: JET DV

The .NET Framework is used by Vegas. Vegas 4 required version 1.0. Vegas 5 used 1.1. And now Vegas 6 requires 1.1 SP 1. The question becomes, why does the Microsoft Update mess with your video card?

Are there new drivers available for your video card that are compatible with .NET 1.1 SP1? And do you have DirectX 9.0c also installed?
Old September 12th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #632

You can also get very fancy with the "selected item" effect. For example, look at Vol 2 #6 of my newsletter where I describe used Masked Menus for your DVDs.
Old September 12th, 2005, 08:40 AM   #633
New Boot

Well that sure makes sense. Never even thought of it. Ok next question. How do you create chapters?

Thanks, Jason
Old September 12th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #634
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
You can also get very fancy with the "selected item" effect. For example, look at Vol 2 #6 of my newsletter where I describe used Masked Menus for your DVDs.
Where is this news letter

Jason
Old September 12th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #635
New Boot

hi edward.

thanks for your reply, yes i have directx 9.0c and latest omega drivers that worked ok prior to installing the .NET Framework 1.1 sp1 so i guess ill now have to find out if my drivers actually are compatible with sp1 b4 i attempt to install them again.

thanks again.....GLEN
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #636

The link is below my name. The newsletter archives can be found at www.jetdv.com
Old September 12th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #637
Major Player

no scene detection

Vegas 6 does not have scene detection when capturing HD. Thats horrible. Any advise in making Vegas more editor friendly?? Beside going back to DV editing.

Last edited by Fred Foronda; September 12th, 2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old September 12th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #638

Are you talking HDV or DV? It does for DV.
Old September 12th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #639
Regular Crew

Beautiful,

Thanks Edward
Old September 12th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #640
New Boot

How do I create a looped DVD and other questions

I have to create 1,000 dvd's and they need to be in a continious loop. So when it gets to the end it starts all over again. I assume this is possible but not sure how to do it.

Also is there a good cheap company that can create one thousand or so disk. I am sure that I could do them on my burner all day long or go to my church and use the 10 burner one but I am thinking that might not be the same results.

Sorry for all the questions but last what dvd media seems to be most compatible with players. I am mostly talking about brand. Maybe it is different and depends on the burner. I have been using Maxell and sony dvd-r and they work fine on players. But dvd-r fujitisu or whatever it is doesn't work at all.

Thanks, Jason
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #641
Inner Circle

Computer 1 can assign itself a job and it will render.
Computer 1 can assign a job to computer 2, it starts then stops.
Computer 2 can assign itself a job and render
All directories used are shared.
DNS is clear( not assigned on either computer).

Log on computer 2 shows failed, no project found ( it names project and location on computer 1, the project IS there and this directory is shown as a share directory on computer 2!!!.)

Progress up to failure can be monitored on computer 2 ( ie start of database, queing etc )

I have been busy so have not had much time to try and get going so will spend little more time in the next few days.

Ron Evans
Old September 12th, 2005, 07:14 PM   #642
Inner Circle

In reverse order. For duplication and replication (100 or more) try www.chicagodigitalpost.com OR 1-877-469-8433
Tim over there is very helpful. Tell him Don Bloom sent you.

As for looping the DVD set the END ACTION of the last chapter (or of the entire video if there are no chapters) back to the beginning. Once you look into the workspace and see the end actions available it will make perfect sense. Be sure to test it in preview first though.

That should do it.

Don B
Old September 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #643

Are you using a single file on the DVD? I'm assuming you would probably also want it to auto start. Just do a File - New - Single Movie. Pick that movie file and then change the End Action to point to itself.

As for compatibility, not all burnable DVDs are created equal. Find a brand that works well for you and stick with it. I have had good success with the Verbatim 8x DVD-R discs.
Old September 12th, 2005, 08:42 PM   #644
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom
In reverse order. For duplication and replication (100 or more) try www.chicagodigitalpost.com OR 1-877-469-8433
Tim over there is very helpful. Tell him Don Bloom sent you.

As for looping the DVD set the END ACTION of the last chapter (or of the entire video if there are no chapters) back to the beginning. Once you look into the workspace and see the end actions available it will make perfect sense. Be sure to test it in preview first though.

That should do it.

Don B
In this video of 4 minutes there will be know chapters. Where do I go to set the end action?

Thanks, Jason
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #645
Major Player

Tone in Vegas

How can I add tone to a colorbar leader in Vegas ??

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...