Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) - Page 47 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #691
Sponsor: JET DV

Here's the full list:

Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 6.0c

You can now import video from a DVD Camcorder disc. From the File menu, choose Import, and then choose DVD Camcorder Disc. Standard and VR-mode discs are supported. Please see Known Issues for additional information.
You can now export AVC (also called H.264 or MPEG-4 AVC) video to a USB-connected PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable). From the Tools menu, choose Export to PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable).

NOTE: PSP firmware version 2.0 is required to use this feature. To check your firmware version, choose Settings > System Settings > System Information. For the latest firmware, go to http://us.playstation.com (in the United States) or http://www.playstation.com (outside the United States).

QuickTime 7 is required to preview AVC video on your computer.

A full-resolution MXF reader for XDCAM has been added to allow you to use MXF files on the Vegas timeline.
Changes have been made to improve importing speed and memory handling when working with AAF files.
Track-based audio gain and panning are preserved (keyframes are not supported) when saving or importing AAF files. When exchanging AAF files with another application, refer to its documentation to determine whether audio gain and panning changes are supported.
A bug that affected rendering and reading of large AIF files has been fixed: 16-bit, 44.1 kHz stereo AIF renders are now limited to approximately 03:22:53 of audio (536,870,909 samples); 24 bit, 96 kHz stereo renders are now limited to approximately 01:02:08 of audio (357,913,940 samples); the largest file that can be rendered as AIF is approximately 2GB in size. Vegas 6.0c will continue to load files created with previous releases that exceed these limits, though other applications may fail to load them.
A bug has been fixed that caused some AVI and MPEG files to be improperly identified as AAF files.
A bug has been fixed that caused some AAF files to be improperly identified as MP3 files.
A bug has been fixed that could cause the Media Manager to crash when performing some editing operations if the Save media-usage relationships in active media library check box on the General page of the Preferences dialog was selected.
A bug has been fixed that could prevent snapping to the ends of media when trimming event.
The Ctrl+K caption-placement keyboard shortcut in the Edit Details window has been fixed.
A bug has been fixed that caused still-image sequences to be replaced with a single still image when replacing media.
A video rendering issue that occurred when using many high-resolution still images of different sizes has been fixed.
The CineForm CFHD codec has been updated for rendering HD intermediate files.
An issue that prevented certain media video properties from switching when relinking to offline media has been fixed.
A "Reverse" icon has been added to identify reversed events.
Multimedia keys now pass-through to Windows if they are not assigned in the Vegas Keyboard Preferences tab.
Issues with regional decimal separator characters in the Audio Event Properties dialog Time stretch / Pitch shift section have been fixed.
Old September 20th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #692

I missed the "MPEG2" part related to H.264. However, the newly release 6.0c update includes H.264.
Old September 20th, 2005, 11:26 AM   #693

What's new in Sony Vegas 6c?

http://www.vasst.com/resource.aspx?i...e-e49570d837fa to find out
http://www.vasst.com
Old September 20th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #694
Inner Circle

DVDA 3.0c is out as well

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/dow...p2.asp?DID=575

Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 3.0c

* A bug has been fixed that caused layers to be flattened when pasting attributes of buttons created from layered .psd files.
* A bug has been fixed that caused theme exporting to fail when overwriting an existing theme.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause a crash when deleting files from the Project Overview window with a track selected in the Timeline window.
* A bug has been fixed that could prevent some DVD Architect projects from opening.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause button images to be displayed incorrectly after replacing individual images with layers from a PSD file.
* An Enable progressive render of DVD menus check box has been added to the General tab of the Preferences dialog:

When the check box is selected, all noncompliant menus in your project will be rendered as progressive-scan video.

When the check box is cleared, all noncompliant menus in your project will be rendered as interlaced video.

If you use a background video in your menus, we recommend rendering the video in progressive-scan format before adding it to your project and leaving the Enable progressive render of DVD menus check box selected. Progressive-scan menus will provide the sharpest-looking text and highest level of DVD player compatibility.
Note: Some DVD players will not display the last frame of a menu correctly when using interlaced background video.

If you change the setting of this check box after preparing your project, the change will not take effect until you clear the Enable smart prepare check box.

Mike Kujbida
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #695
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
However, the newly release 6.0c update includes H.264.
Well, it's good that Sony didn't wait until the next major release to add H.264. I just wonder why they didn't include it in version 6 - which was just recently released - to begin with? I guess they must not have had it quite ready when version 6 had to start shipping.
Old September 21st, 2005, 10:52 AM   #696
Major Player

Hah, this has always annoyed me on my laptop...

"Multimedia keys now pass-through to Windows if they are not assigned in the Vegas Keyboard Preferences tab."

Yeah! Now I can use my volume controls hopefully... :)
Old September 22nd, 2005, 12:35 AM   #697
Major Player

New DVD drive ? DVDA2

I’m taking out my old NEC DVD burner and going with a new Pioneer unit
My question, Will DVDA2 find the new drive? I think WinXP pro will see it ok

Thanks
Vince
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:37 AM   #698

If Windows finds it, DVDA2 should as well.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:58 AM   #699
Major Player

thanks Edward
Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:58 AM   #700
New Boot

Making JPEG image from video clip

Is it possible to save a "frame" from a video to a JPEG image file with Vegas?

Thanks!
Old September 22nd, 2005, 10:58 AM   #701
Regular Crew

In the preview window you will see a button that looks like a floppy disk. I believe this is the one you press to save a snapshot.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:20 AM   #702
Major Player

Real Time with Vegas 5.0

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm trying to find ways to improve my productivity with Vegas 5.0. I edit narrative features that are shot on the DVX100 and I was wondering if there is anyway to get Real Time effects for things like Color Correction, Dissolves, and using Magic Bullet. I only have a P4 @ 2.8 ghz and 512 megs of ram. Is there a hardware device that can give Real Time processing for such effects in Vegas? Thanks.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:26 AM   #703
New Boot

That does it - thanks.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:34 AM   #704
Inner Circle

Sorry but the answer is no.
If you find yourself doing a lot of the same kinds of things, you can always save them as presets whcih will save some time.
You can add more RAM to your machine and take advantage of the RAM render feature of Vegas for preview purposes.
After doing a complicated (FX) section, you can also do a "render to new track" so that you don't have to keep repeating the render over and over.
Watch out for Magic Bullet as it slows render times by a factor of 10 or more :-(
Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:35 AM   #705
Regular Crew

Can't open DivX/Xvid files

Im having trouble opening xvid/divx files in vegas so I can cut them. It imports all right, but there is no video stream, its just audio.

Anyone know what could be the trouble?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...