DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/4092-vegas-video-discussions-2005-q3q4.html)

Kevin Kwak September 26th, 2005 08:06 PM

Photo Slideshow

Attempting to create a photo slideshow.

I have a set of photos in two sizes: 1024x768 and 1600x1200.

What are the recommended size adjustments for these two sizes and both sets should be in one size only (I think it is preferred)?

John Rofrano September 26th, 2005 09:08 PM

They don’t have to be the same size. I do slide shows where I scan in photos of all different sizes and Vegas does just fine. That’s the beauty of Vegas. If you want to resize them, DV is 720x480 (NTSC) so twice that resolution 1140x960 should be fine. Personally, I would leave your files as they are. Files from a 5 megapizel camera need to be downsized but 1600x1200 (2MP) is just fine.

~jr

Kevin Kwak September 26th, 2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Rofrano
They don’t have to be the same size. I do slide shows where I scan in photos of all different sizes and Vegas does just fine. That’s the beauty of Vegas. If you want to resize them, DV is 720x480 (NTSC) so twice that resolution 1140x960 should be fine. Personally, I would leave your files as they are. Files from a 5 megapizel camera need to be downsized but 1600x1200 (2MP) is just fine.

~jr

de javu ;)
Thanks.

DJ Kinney September 26th, 2005 11:15 PM

Velocity Envelope Annoyance Fix?

I'm amazed that no one has discussed this lately if ever.

When you apply a velocity envelope, and subsequently split [s] the clip, the new second half of the clip goes all wonky. I've never figured out exactly what it does...reverts to original start point, reverts to some other timecode...frankly, this should be an intuitive edit. And it isn't.

But I'll bet there's something to allow me to split the clip and maintain the position at the leader of the head splice and headder of the lead splice.

Thanks,

DJ

DJ Kinney September 26th, 2005 11:22 PM

I just can't promote this idea enough. It had confounded more than a few of my good ideas, and it's overlooked by a lot of the professional advisory panel around here because they have all the equipment they want and more.

You have too watch your results on a crt monitor of some kind. A TV or monitor, whatever.

I struggled with some "blurry" scenes I shot of a bridge. The bright parts were blooming like it was a freakin' home video, the deinterlace was erratic. It was because I was watching it all on a computer monitor.

Maybe I'm talking to myslef, but I want to know that Roger is watching this on a TV, not computer monitor, before I talk about fixes.

Roger Moore September 27th, 2005 01:32 AM

Hi,

I'm not interested in delivering to film or television. The final product is to be watched on the computer, nowhere else.

The camera I'm using right now doesn't have progressive mode or else I'd be using 30p. Having to deinterlace everything is driving me up the wall. Though oddly enough, I prefer the smooth motion of interlaced video over the strobing "film-look" 24p or 30p.

I guess when 60p comes out we'll get the best of both worlds: silky motion and no interlacing. But for now I have to live with deinterlacing being an indispensible part of my work-flow.

Patrick King September 27th, 2005 07:39 AM

JetDV Down?

Can anyone else get to Mr. Troxel's website? I get "Page cannot be displayed". I'm hopeful this is just a short-term thing, I'll turn in my copy of Vegas if JetDV goes off the net.

www.jetdv.com

Mike Teutsch September 27th, 2005 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick King
Can anyone else get to Mr. Troxel's website? I get "Page cannot be displayed". I'm hopeful this is just a short-term thing, I'll turn in my copy of Vegas if JetDV goes off the net.

www.jetdv.com

I just clicked on your link and went straight to the site, so may be on your end.

Mike

Edward Troxel September 27th, 2005 08:19 AM

It's working for me both this morning and late last night. If it was down, I didn't know about it. I know it's there right now because I just read a couple of posts and responded to one.

Edward Troxel September 27th, 2005 08:21 AM

I can tell you EXACTLY what it does. The second half will begin AS IF a velocity envelope had never been applied! I also do not like this and have reported it in the past.

Edward Troxel September 27th, 2005 08:23 AM

I agree with John. I just scan images at whatever size they are. Vegas will handle everything nicely. I DO make sure I apply a "Match Aspect" to each of the images. Add some nice zooms and pans and you'll be done!

Bernard Diaz September 27th, 2005 10:49 AM

Thanks a lot fellas, It was the split screen indeed.
Regards,
Bernard

John McGinley September 27th, 2005 12:38 PM

Arggggh!

Has anyone had problems with Vegas crashing when rendering an m2t file?

I have a project that's about 20 mins long, and it crashes every time I try to render it, sometimes it locks up the whole system, sometimes I just get the 'your program has crashed' prompt, sometimes the whole system reboots.

I rendered a previous project off the same m2t files that was 15 mins long and had no problems.

It's not consistant at all, sometimes it crashes right away, sometimes 14% through, one time 56%, so it doesn't seem to be a certain point in the footage.

Nothing fancy, cuts and crossfades, I'm rendering Mainconcept HDV 1080 60i setting.

When it crashed with the message prompt the details said the mpgvout module was to blame but it didn't give much more info.

James Binder September 27th, 2005 02:32 PM

For Edward: upgrade excalibur from 3.0?

Hi Edward --

Can I upgrade from ver 3.0 and recieve the plugin via emal? If so how and where can I purchase this and how long will it take to recieve the new version?

Thanks -- love the plugin...

Edward Troxel September 27th, 2005 02:41 PM

Just go to www.jetdv.com/excalibur where you can download the demo (just unlock with the registration key and it's also the full version) and start using it immediately unlimited for two weeks. There's also a "buy" button there which will lead to a page that shows the upgrade pricing from 3.0 to 4.5.

It is preferred that you use www.jetdv.com for these types of questions as it was set up to handle any issues related to Excalibur.