Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) - Page 77 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old November 17th, 2005, 10:54 PM   #1141
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
The easiest option is via scripting. For example, if you delete the audio - select the video and Excalibur can bring back the audio. If you delete the video, select the audio and Excalibur can bring back the video. Ultimate S can also return the missing audio for a video event.

To do it manually, you can double-click the event, open it in the trimmer (which will have that section selected) and then return the audio.

Wow, didn't even no it would do that! Thanks I will give it a try.

Thanks

Jon
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:20 PM   #1142
Regular Crew

Post Star/bling/shiny effect

Im gonna start editing the first rap video pretty soon and in one of the shots, i need to add a shiny star like effect on a certain spot. can i do this in vegas with a plug in or should i use after effects?
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:26 PM   #1143
Major Player

Encoding for Quicktime with 3ivx and Vegas

Well, I'm a new correspondent for http://rocketboom.com (shameless promotion) and they would prefer to get stuff encoded with 3ivx - although they are very flexible. So I downloaded 3ivx and put it in the video plugin folder. But Vegas doesn't seem to find it. Has anybody had any experience with this program? Do you know where you should unpack it/install it? I'm running Vegas 6.0C and would love to hear anybody else's experience with this.

But on the other hand, if somebody else has a good alternative for encoding Quicktime, I'd be glad to hear about that. I understand that AVID Express does a good job ( and I guess it's free) but frankly I'm not in the mood to learn one more NLE system.

Thanks for the advice!
Milt
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:37 AM   #1144
Regular Crew

Dale,

Glad you are finding my videos useful.

If you want to be working on your computer while you are rendering, you can get better performance by reducing the threads. Otherwise leave it at 4.

The only Acid training video I know of is the one from VASST for Acid 4 with Rudy Sarzo.

Gary
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:55 AM   #1145
Major Player

Redering time 1080i or 720p

Rendering times. The native of the HDV footage is 1080i off the fx1. For rendering if I use the 720p template would it a faster render than 1080i???
Old November 18th, 2005, 05:45 AM   #1146
Inner Circle

go grab particle illusion and dont look back.

SE is going for under a hundred bux
Old November 18th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #1147
Regular Crew

Slightly disrelated question - when I do a selective pre-render, I get a good playback on my external of how the final video will look but if I do a Dynamic RAM preview it comes out jerky and nothing like it should (I have 1GB RAM and have set the Dynamic RAM amount to 800MB). Is this jerky performance usual and if so, what's the value of the Dynamic RAM preview?
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #1148
Regular Crew

Thanks everyone; and Gary: I just this morning discovered "The Sony Seminar Series: ACID Pro 5" dvd training disks.

Thanks again--

Dale
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #1149
Sponsor: VASST

Faster? No. Think about it: Going from 1080i to 1080i is a straight re-encode. Going to 720p requires a resize, deinterlace, and re-encode. The speed of your PC will determine how much longer 720p takes to render but it will definitely be longer than going straight to 1080i from 1080i source because the computer has to do more calculations to make 1080i into 720p.

~jr
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #1150
Regular Crew

copying tracks to another Vegas

Hi Edward,
I tried the nesting, but still had the same problem. I could not copy a whole track with the key frames and all, to another instance of Vegas.
The only thing I managed to do was shift select the motion key frames copy and paste, then do the same with the shadow key frames etc. This obiously takes more time.
Maybe a future Vegas could add the ability to copy a track with all the key frames.(from another instance of Vegas) Would there be a reason for not allowing this?
Mike
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt Lee
So I downloaded 3ivx and put it in the video plugin folder. But Vegas doesn't seem to find it. Has anybody had any experience with this program?
Did you install it? I'm not sure what you mean by the words "put it in the video plugin folder"?

You should install 3ivx on your PC. Then go into Vegas and make a render template for it. Start with a template that is close to the dimensions you want and then press the Custom button, go to the Video tab, and select 3ivx in the Video format dropdown list. Finally save this under a new name. You will now have a render template for Divx in Vegas.

~jr
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #1152

I can save you the time to sync but I can’t create the titles for you. Downlaod the VASST Freeware script called SubText. It will allow you to load the DVDA .sub file and it will create regions on the timeline in Vegas with the subtitle text as the region label. All you have to do is double-click in each region to select it, add a Generated Text Media (which will default to the length of the region) and cut-n-paste the region label into the generated media text.

This should at least speed things up a bit.

~jr
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #1153
Major Player

Hi John,

Thanx for this. I'll check it out this weekend, it sounds good enough. The worst part of work is the syncing to the actual audio which is a horrible work.
I never used a script before, but I'm sure even I will find a way to get it to work.

Best regards,
Peter
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:39 AM   #1154
Major Player

Ok so when I say I put it in the video plugin folder, what I meant to say was that I installed it, and when I installed it, it asked what folder I wanted to unzip the file to - that's when I thought that I should unzip the file to that folder. Perhaps I should just let it install in the folder that came up which was c:/program files/3ivx

Does that help?

Thanks again,
Milt
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:42 AM   #1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sieben
I never used a script before, but I'm sure even I will find a way to get it to work.
Gotcha covered. We have an on-line tutorial called Using Scripts in Sony Vegas Software that will help you get started.

~jr
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...