Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) - Page 90 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old December 7th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #1336
Regular Crew

First project to DVD , couple of pointers please

Hi ,

Well I learned today that my client wants his project on a dvd which will of course play it on a regular tv set. It is a first for me , usually all mu stuff is for the web.

I had DVD architect installed already but didn't get around to it...damn :)

Anyway is there any particular basic things I should remember before rendering . I know about the broadcast color and I assume I will have to check the 7.5 box and leave the Studio RGB off. anything else besides that.

Unfortunately I don't have a tv set so I will be shooting in the dark but I am sure that if a few basic points gets covered I will sleep a little easier tonight

Thanks

Phil

My website: www.production24fps.com/english.php
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #1337
Inner Circle

I think I found it in [Deform] Thanks for the boost
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:19 PM   #1338
Sponsor: JET DV

Just render the timeline to MPEG2 and AC3. Give those two files to DVDA and see what you get. It should all turn out fine if the original footage was fine.
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #1339
Regular Crew

Hi Edward,

I assume that you mean the H.263 , also I usually render the video stream as "progressive" but now since it will be shown on a tv can I leave it to the actual "lower field" setting.

Thanks

My website: www.production24fps.com/english.php
Old December 8th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Zimmermann

Right now I have two computers in front of me. All I am trying is to put out the timeline of one computer as PAL DV AVI file (without any compression but not in the "uncompressed" mode). The Video put out by one of the PCs is always blurry w. compression artifacts - the other is absulutely fine.
First, DV is compressed; other than uncompressed, there is no "without compression" option.
Second, if it's a PAL file, what is the source footage? What are you applying to the footage in terms of processing?
Third, clearly you've got different settings on the two computers if one is rendering clean and the other is not.

You might want to hold CTRL+SHIFT on booting Vegas on the machine that is rendering blurry images. You may have had something take over the codec in Vegas if you've been experimenting with codecs. You can also try checking the "ignore third party codecs" in the Options/prefs.
http://www.vasst.com
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #1341
Major Player

Thanks; I will try that.

:D
Old December 8th, 2005, 08:13 AM   #1342

Take a look at Vol 1 #7 of my newsletters. It explains the basic process of getting the files ready for DVDA.
Old December 8th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #1343

In all fairness

A few weeks ago I posted my frustration that Vegas 6 would not control my new Sony DSR-400 camera when I captured from it.

Well, for some reason it does, now. Flawlessly. I must have been doing something wrong when I tried it before.

So I herein publicly apologize to Sony. What's right is right.

I still wish Vegas could burn to tape through the camera; but it can't. That's not Vegas' fault, however... it's the camera's. But you'd think since both products are Sony, it would...

Old December 8th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #1344
Trustee

If your camera is miniDV, it can write to it.
Old December 8th, 2005, 03:10 PM   #1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre Safak
If your camera is miniDV, it can write to it.
The Sony DSR-400's primary format is DVCam. It will also shoot and playback standard or Mini-DV; but it says right in the instruction manual it cannot be used to burn tape from NLEs.

Old December 10th, 2005, 03:49 AM   #1346
Inner Circle

Scott Moore's SMCubes

Hi,

Does anyone have an alternative link to Scott's Cubes transition for Vegas?

The link to his web page works (http://www.endor.demon.co.uk/) but not the link to the download (http://www.endor.demon.co.uk/SMCubes.exe).

Alternatively, if any kind soul could email me the 96kb file I would be in your debt for ever (spiritually, folks, spiritually). ianpstark@ntlworld.com.

Many thanks.

Ian . . .
Old December 10th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #1347
Inner Circle

Sent to your email. I've included the luminance effect (film style optical dissolve) as well.

Mike
Old December 10th, 2005, 06:23 AM   #1348
Inner Circle

I love this place.

Many thanks indeed Mike.

Best,

Ian . . .
Old December 10th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #1349

I just tested that link and it worked fine just now.
Old December 10th, 2005, 09:33 AM   #1350
Regular Crew

Strangeness in Vegas

Hi. I'm using Vegas 6.0c, and I'm getting this weird render issue. On some of my rendered mpgs, I'm getting this weird black flicker at the top of the screen. Almost like a half-inch black gradient trying to invade my image. It's not consistent, and not on every frame, and I'm not sure what's causing it. It's so far driving me nuts, and has marred two of my projects. It shows up on both tv and computer.

I'm rendering 16:9 frame-mode video out to 4:3, with the black bars on top and bottom. Before render, the video is set to blend interlace but progressive. I have it set to render progressive. The mpg is being set to an average of 7,000,000 with two passes. I don't have "reduce interlace flicker" checked on any of the video files. All the video files have Magic Bullet fx on them.

The weird thing is that when I render it out to straight 16:9, and not 4:3, there's no black flicker at the top of some of the scenes.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...