Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 121 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:12 PM   #1801
Major Player

You can create your own. Just modify the HDV 1080-50i template to 1080-25p. Change the field order to progressive and the interlace options to none. Don't forget to rename it HDV 1080-25p.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:14 PM   #1802
Major Player

I'd wait. AVCHD is still new enough that the no major non-linear editor program (pc or mac) has an editing solution for the codec.

Besides the codec issue, I'm waiting because the new Leopard Operating System comes out next year.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:18 PM   #1803
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom
They should be locked together unless you unlocked them Or are using a seperate audio piece.

HTHs
Don
okay so how do i lock them up again?
Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:59 PM   #1804
Inner Circle

Highlite both the video and audio clips and press G-that will group the clips together.

Don
Old December 23rd, 2006, 04:03 PM   #1805
Sponsor: JET DV

1) Ripple editing is what you're looking for
2) Check to make sure that "Ignore Event Grouping" is NOT turned on. The two components (audio and video) of a single clip are locked together by default.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 04:13 PM   #1806
Inner Circle

Stuart, there is technical terminology to describe this situation, to be deployed the next time you're tempted to give yourself a dope-slap in the forehead when there may be a client within earshot.

"I discovered an air-gap!"

Happy Holidays!
Old December 23rd, 2006, 04:17 PM   #1807
Inner Circle

You'll probably get equivalent playback quality at 5Mbps for a 640x360... or even 3Mbps. Worth testing, your mileage will vary.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:06 PM   #1808
Regular Crew

Looping project in dvd4

Is there a way to make a non menu based project continuously play? I am doing a slide show, and I want it to restart once it is finished.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:18 PM   #1809

Point the end action back to the file currently playing.
http://www.vasst.com
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:40 PM   #1810
Regular Crew

Thanks, I knew it had to be something simple...just couldn't find it.
Old December 24th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #1811
Regular Crew

Vegas 7 vs Audio?

Hey guys!

I'm starting to work with Vegas 7, i'm just starting! and learning by myself. i was wondering how Vegas 7 works with audio...

I filmed an interview with my HDR-FX1 and a shotgun mic on top, it comes out ok but there's still that background hissing sound that makes it amateur-like, is there a "track FX" i could add that would fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

DB
Old December 24th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #1812

You can add noise reduction to a track, but that's not included with Vegas.
Depending on the frequency, you may be able to zoom in on the particular freq or harmonics of the freq, and zap it. Or, download the demo for Noise Reduction, check out the Sound Soap Pro, or Clean. All are great noise redux tools.
http://www.vasst.com
Old December 24th, 2006, 06:19 AM   #1813
Regular Crew

Donald,

As Douglas touched on, Vegas has a GREAT tool for this.

In the Tracklist panel, push the track FX button on the audio track you want to work on.

The Audio Plug-In window opens, select the Track EQ button. You have 4 frequency select nodes in view, the active one is red (based on the tab you can select at the bottom). For this scenario, we'll just use one of them.

You can drag the node left/right to a lower or higher frequency (20Hz to 20 KHz) and down/up to boost or cut the selected frequency 15 dB. You can also use the Frequency and Gain/Boost sliders respectively as well.

While playing the clip, boost or cut the perhaps #2 node (it doesn't matter which really, but a good range to start for a hiss) and move it left and right while listening and find where the hiss most is affected by the boost or cut. I myself boost when identifying an audio frequency.

Once you have found the frequency of the hiss or undesired frequency, you can cut it to the desired level. You can also use the Bandwidth slider to broaden or narrow the affected frequency range to really focus in (narrow bandwidth) on a frequency to avoid affecting others.

Bear in mind, this method affects all audio on the track, so keep the cut and bandwidth to a minimum. There may be a way to assign this EQ Plug-In to a particular clip or clips on the timeline, but I haven't looked into it. There is a plug-in with up to a 20 band equilizer, but I haven't used that yet.

This ability saved my butt filming a friend's daughter's wedding, when the facility's people forgot to shut off a an air conditioner next to the outdoor wedding. I was able to EQ it out without affecting the rest of the audio too much. Phew!....the raw audio was pretty much unusable and would have been a HUGE dissapointment to all.

This is a great tool for audio, and with the Gate and Compressor functions as well, I can't see much need for any other audio software or plug-ins for my needs. Vegas really covers audio for video well in my opinion.

Good luck,

Jamie
Old December 24th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #1814
Major Player

Magic Bullet plug-in crashing Vegas 7

Anyone running the free MB plugin with Vegas 7 ?

Whenever I try to apply the effect, Vegas crashes. This happens in Vegas 7 and 7c. Tried an uninstall/reinstall, same thing.

Everything else works fine.
Old December 24th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #1815
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Thanks you guys! i'm new here and new to the video production world as well, i've never taken any class or anything so it gets a little confusing without that base that you learn in class, but you guys are answering exactly every question i have and for free!!! wich is pretty rare these days! thanks again...

DB
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...