Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 122 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old December 24th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #1816
Regular Crew

No problem Donald,

Learning to fly this thing by the seat of my pants too.

Were you able to EQ out the hiss?

Jamie
Old December 24th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #1817
Regular Crew

Speeding Up in Vegas

Is 4 the highest the playback rate can go? That seems pretty low. The reason I ask is I'm speeding up footage of clouds so 4 doesn't quite cut it, and in Premiere, I was able to speed it up as much as I wanted. I already shot it at the lowest framerate I could so... are there any plugins for this in Vegas or is that really the best it can do?

Thanks.
Old December 24th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #1818
Regular Crew

I use the MB plugin, and I've never gotten an error with it. I have the free one and the one you have to purchase installed.
Old December 24th, 2006, 05:20 PM   #1819
Regular Crew

Pixels & images start & stop big blocky stuff

I "captured" video from the A1 Canon (shot in HD 60i to Vegas 7. Put together a 22 minute video program. Rendered it to 1440 X 1080 in Vegas mpeg2 (maybe that's the problem). The Rendering took 3 1/2 hours on a Sony Vaio Laptop with a 1.8 centrino to a 7200 rpm ext disk drive. Then DVD architect wanted to render it also. The first part of the video plays fine then a couple minutes in the images start jumping and pixellating severly. The sound played at the beginning then stopped also (probably a different issue). What did I do wrong? I am sure it's something I did not do correctly.
Old December 24th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #1820
Regular Crew

The entire project took almost 6 hours.
Old December 24th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #1821
Regular Crew

Will,

I usually adjust the clip speed (fast or slow) to the max (400%) render it to the original clip format, re-insert it on the timeline, adjust again, and repeat as necessary to get the fast or slow speed I want.

Jamie
Old December 24th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #1822
Regular Crew

John,

Your rendered file is not DVD format, that is why DVD architect wanted to render it. Though I'm not sure why it didn't render it down properly, if that is why it did not play correctly.

Render it to a DVD Architect NTSC or NTSC Widescreen preset, including the audio stream if desired though the "custom" button and audio tab, "include audio" check box.

If you still have a problem, it lay somewhere else.

Your render times sound commensurate for the pc, but you did require 2 renders instead of 1. Render it one time to DVD format, 720 X 480 in preferred screen format, framerate and progressive/interlaced preference. Or as I said before, one of the DVD Architect presets with audio.

Jamie
Old December 24th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #1823
Regular Crew

Thanks Jamie
I will try again tommorrow. Perhaps I was just tired and trying to get too much done.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I know it can take time to reply, so I really appreciate it. Merry X mas and Happy New year!
Old December 24th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #1824
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info guys! Merry Christmas!
Old December 24th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #1825
Sponsor: JET DV

Using the playback rate (or CTRL-Resize) you can get up to 4x. Using the Velocity envelope, you can get up to 3x. Combine the two and you can get up to 12x. Beyond that, render and do the above again.
Old December 24th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #1826
Regular Crew

Quality Not Up to Par on DVD

I'm running Vegas 5 and output my finished project to Architect in mpeg 2 form using the Arch templates. But the overall quality and clarity when viewed on a TV isn't as good as when I connect and preview the footage directly off the camera. What am I doing wrong?
Old December 24th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #1827

Hi Rob,
You might need to provide more info for a more concise answer.
Camera direct to TV is straight DV, but DVD is a much more highly compressed MPEG. If you're using a low bitrate, that will compromise your picture quality.
Length/bitrate and processing of image all play a role in image quality.
Can you post specifics on what parts of the image you're unsatisfied with? What bitrate you've encoded to? Length of project?
http://www.vasst.com
Old December 24th, 2006, 10:40 PM   #1828
Regular Crew

Sheer codec in vegas possible?

Hi i am trying to import a quicktime sheer codec video, that has been captured in a Mac, into Vegas video 7.0c. But vegas crashes. I can play the file in quicktime without problems. But whenever i try to import it to Vegas it crashes. I tried two PCs. Same result. The QT sheer codec that i used was YCrBr 4.2.2 8 bit.
Is there any way to import sheer codec qt files into vegas?
Thanks!
Old December 24th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #1829

Hmm...wanna send me a couple seconds of your vid? I've got Sheer 2.4 on my laptop, and just rendered to, and imported from, the Sheer codec, captured on my Macbook. I'd be happy to see if it's just your system, or at least see if that file imports.
http://www.vasst.com
Old December 24th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #1830
Regular Crew

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. As far as rendering a clip out, any suggestion on what format I should use for Raylight AVI 720p 23.976? I was looking at the Windows AVI, but... actually, I just found my answer. I can use Windows AVI then just have the video uncompressed or use an HD codec. Anyway, thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...