Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old July 15th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #211
Regular Crew

Hey James,

You probably need to be a little more specific but I think you want to paste some clips from one Vegas project to another. If this is the case, just hold down your control key while clicking on the video/audio clips individually with your mouse (they should turn a darker color if selected). Cntrl/C from that project and Cntl/V into the other project that you also have open, when you've selected where you want to paste them on your timeline.

Hope that helps.
Old July 15th, 2006, 03:08 AM   #212
Inner Circle

RayLight works, however it uses lower quality avi renders as proxies if ur previewing in draft, then jumps to real MXF files when u change ur preview settings. Apparently it also supports every one of the 720p shooting modes (even the tweaked framerate crankings)

Im yet to try it, but i have it on good authority that it works a treak. Apparently performance is as good as native HDV editing (ie not all that great) but thats all system dependant
Old July 15th, 2006, 03:19 AM   #213
Inner Circle

with the GFX card at THIS time, Vegas wont utilise ANY of its features, however if u intend on running Magic Bullet 2, then you'll get good performance from it. If u dont want to use Magic Bullet you may still be futureproofng your investment as noone knows whether V7 will support GFX card acceleration, and more than likely if it DOES support the card, then you wont have to worry about it, but like i said, noone knows whats going on with it...

Id actually recomend a dual dual-core system if u can afford it.
Also, your raid config, id recommend another drive or 2 (to get to at least 1TB)
Ive got 2TB on this machine and i still struggle to find space...
Old July 15th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #214
Sponsor: JET DV

Open Vegas TWICE. Open both projects. Copy from one and paste into the other.
Old July 15th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #215
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
Open Vegas TWICE. Open both projects. Copy from one and paste into the other.
. .and keep BOTH instances open - don;t close either.
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #216
Sponsor: VASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Watts
I've never built an Intel system (AMD normally)
So why stop now? The AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Dual Core) outperforms anything Intel has up to today’s announcement of the Core 2. So my advice would be to stay with AMD if you need a PC today. The Core 2 looks promising but let someone else get the kinks out of the motherboards etc. if you have serious work to do. AMD has announced that there will be price cuts on their X2’s to keep them competitive with Core 2’s so wait a week or so and see what the new AMD dual core prices are.

Here are the spec for my current AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+ Dual Core PC. I edit HDV on it with good frame rates. I also selected parts that would keep it super quiet as I do tutorial work that requires me to use a microphone while sitting at the PC recording. So this would be a great PC if you do voice over work as well.

~jr
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #217
New Boot

John,

It looks like you have built a nice system. I will be building my next one in January, once Microsoft releases Vista. I am strongly leaning towards the Conroe chip, even thought I am an AMD X2 fan. I guess I will sit back and watch what happens over the next 5-6 months, to make my final decision. If I do go Intel, I will wait for Nvidia 590 SLI chipset motherboards.

I did have a question on your hard drive config. What do you use the 3 drive letters for? (10K, 7,2K, and 7,2K RAID0)? How do you backup your data? What are the pros and cons of running OS on on drive, data on another, etc. vs running everything on 1 big "C" drive? Is it difficult to manage where to find "stuff" when you have it set up the way you do?

Thanks for you input,

Harry
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #218

You *might* try a mask and chromablur in combination with the secondary color corrector, creating the mask with the SCC. That should do the trick.
http://www.vasst.com
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #219

Raylight in medium mode on a fast computer is just like editing DV.
CineForm also has support for DVCProHD that Vegas (or PremierePro) can take advantage of.
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:41 AM   #220
Regular Crew

Thanks DSE,

Is there a comprehensive tutorial on this anywhere? I see what you mean about the chromablur (even just the horizontal) seems to do well getting rid of this, even though how it looks after rendering on a tv, i don't know.

However, the secondary color corrector has always mystified me to some extent- along with the primary one, for that matter!
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #221

http://www.vasst.com/search.aspx?text=Chromablur
Old July 15th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #222
Regular Crew

Many thanks!
Old July 15th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #223
New Boot

Registry?? Where's that at? I'm having this problem! I cant select the "custom" button for the MPEG settings when I go to render video.... could you explain a little more how to fix this???
Old July 16th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #224
Rextilleon

Start/Run/then type in regedit.
Red #97
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #225
Regular Crew

Adjusting Brightness and Contrast

Okay....I have a still image on my timeline. I selected the image on the timeline. and pulled Brightness and Contrast onto the clip. I've tried using the setting to brighten the image, but I'm not seeing any difference. Is this a real time effect, am I doing something wrong (probably), or does the effect not work on a still image (png)

Thanks - David Bird
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...