Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2006, 07:42 AM   #301
Regular Crew

Batch Capturing

I know what is and how to use batch converting from AVI to MPEG but how to use batch capturing from my DV camera to computer, when I have to replace an load next video cassete into camera. So what is the point of meanig of "Batch Capturing".
Regards.
Old July 21st, 2006, 07:55 AM   #302
Sponsor: JET DV

Batch Capturing allows you to specify various in/out points for capturing a tape. That way you don't have to capture the entire tape, you can capture small sections instead.

I usually use Batch capture - even when capturing an entire tape. I'll specify different sections of the tape to be captured under specific file names and then let it batch capture those sections. I do this for each tape but do the batch capturing while that tape is still in the deck. I don't see a reason to set up all tapes separately and then batch capture them all because, as you said, you'd have to sit there and change the tapes periodically. So I set one up for capture and capture it. I then set the next one up for capture and capture it.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 02:47 PM   #303
Major Player

What's with the blur when it's set to 0.00

Hey all,

I'm using Vegas 6.

I'm adding a little blur "out" to some text. The text will vertically blur to nothing.

Up until I have the text blur the "linear blur" FX is set to 0.00 however the text is still slightly blurry. When I select and de-select "linear blur" I notice the difference in the preview window.

Anybody have an idea why this would be so or is it something that will not be noticeable once rendered?

Thanks for your help.

sincerely,

ian
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:29 AM   #304
Inner Circle

where can I buy Vegas 5.0?

I am looking to buy Vegas 5, are there dealers that sell old versions? Is Ebay the best bet for old software? (licensed of course).

Also, do all version of V5 support HDV? I have a JVCHD100.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 06:22 AM   #305
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
My conclusion so far is that one of the files used in my total build is not being read by my page file on my NLE.
A 0xC0000005 exception is a bad memory read, so that could be it.

I occasionally "defragment" the pagefile by removing it completely, defragging the drive, then putting the pagefile back in a nice contiguous block. Maybe give it try?

Oh....and do you have the pagefile set to static size? Or variable? Static is better.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:09 AM   #306
Inner Circle

I'll have to check, I'm sure it's default
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:35 PM   #307
Regular Crew

Chromakey in Vegas?

Does Vegas 6 have some kind of chromakey tool?

I tried applying the "Track FX" and selecting Sony Chromakeyer, but I didn't have much success. Is there a guide of some sort that I can use to achieve this effect?

What Im trying to achieve is the solid white background behind my subject.... kind of like those new Apple ads, with the 2 guys.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 03:26 PM   #308
New Boot

Video plug-ins for Vegas 6

I've been looking around a little and can't find a comprehensive set of video effect plug-ins for Vegas 6 that I like or trust. Any recommendations?
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:32 PM   #309
New Boot

Changing Video Speed to Normal

Hey everyone. I need help again! I have a vegas project where I changed the speeds of several video clips by holding down the control key and dragging the edge of the clip to change the speed. But now I want to return them to their original, normal, speed.

Anyone know how to get them to 100% normal speed?

Thanks
Old July 23rd, 2006, 06:00 PM   #310
New Boot

Sure does..it is built in.

Check out this quick tutorial..it will get you started.

http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar...vie_studio.htm
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:03 PM   #311
Regular Crew

Thanks a bunch!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:28 PM   #312
Inner Circle

If you have EXCALIBUR there is a tool to "desquiggle" if not you can use the control key and "push" the footage back to the original position but you might find it easier to replace the clip with the original footage from the media bin or explorer.

Don B.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:32 PM   #313

Hold down the CTRL key again and resize it back to the original length. It should snap as you approach the 100% position.

Another way is to right-click the event, choose Properties, and then change the playback rate back to 1. However, you'll have to change the length of the clip to match the new speed.

And the method I typically use is via a script I wrote which will reset it back to normal speed and reset the length.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:33 PM   #314
Inner Circle

You might like NEWBLUEFX.com-they have some very nice stuff-so does Excalibur and the ones on the VAAST site. Sorry my mind just isn't giving me the name of the exact product at this moment but I'm sure someone will chime in with it.

WAIT-it's ULTIMATE S-I had to NOT think of the name and presto! It came to me.

Any and or ALL of them have effects you might find helpful.

Don B.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:34 PM   #315

I don't necessarily have a comprehensive list but a couple sets I have used in the past can be found at newbluefx.com and zenote.com.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...