Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:42 PM   #316
Inner Circle

Place a GENERATED MEDIA SOLID background (white) on a track BELOW the footage-I change the 255 to 235 to tone it down a bit but thats me.
Apply the chromakey FX to the clips or to the TRACK header, use the eyedropper on the color you want to eliminate and BINGO, its done, AS LONG AS; the background you are eliminating is evenly lit and doesn't have any shadows on it, otherwise it can be a bear to get rid of.

Don B.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:21 PM   #317

You can find several Vegas/keying tutorials at http://www.vasst.com/search.aspx?text=Chromakey

Use Levels, coupled with a black matte to create the Apple look. pretty easy, overall, particularly if you shot with that concept in mind.
http://www.vasst.com
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:24 PM   #318

Pixelan would be my fave overall, but there are a lot of plugins, some free and most purchased.
Here is a list of every Vegas plugin available, so far as I'm aware.

http://www.vasst.com/?v=training/Vegasplugsnew.htm
Old July 24th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #319
Regular Crew

What about the shadows? Something tells me getting those to appear properly wont be so easy.
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #320
New Boot

no video on render!!

the weirdest things have happened to me tonight.. I have been trying to dump a swf from swish as a uncompressed avi, which plays perfectly in WMP, but only plays the very first frame in vegas.. so...I used winavi to re-export my working avi again, put it in vegas..all works well UNTIL RENDER!
I render and everything is there except that particular avi, I re-dumped it again, and it seems anything I dump from winavi will not render in vegas(however, it plays in the preview window)...strangest thing!
I tried using other converters but the quality is just terrible..the best looking avi I have which looks fantastic is the orginal uncompressed avi from swish..even winavi knocked it down in quality,but I could live with it if I could get the thing to render from vegas.. anyone got a clue? I've exausted myself!
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #321
Regular Crew

Broadcast settings question for music videos

I'm getting ready to start shooting some music videos, after shooting corporate for the last several years. Most of the corporate videos have been for internal use. The few that have been broadcast, I have given to corporate PR.

What should my render setting be for rendering a music video for broadcast? I will probably have to give it to a local conversion company to convert to Beta or Digibeta. I will ask them what is the best format but I don't think they will be able to tell me what are the best render settings for Vegas.

I know quite a few DViers shoot music videos for broadcast. Any suggestions, past experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Jesse Redman; July 24th, 2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:45 AM   #322

4:2:2 uncompressed if you're going to DigiBeta. If they're an HD-only acceptance (many are now heading that way) then you'll need to consider HDCAM in the mix as well. but, if you're acquiring DV, then that takes you out of the HD game.
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #323
Regular Crew

This is the directory I used, hope it helps: http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/partners/resellers.asp
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #324
Regular Crew

What about for Beta?

And, are there other formats that I may be asked to supply?

What about 16:9 vs 4:3? Is 16:9 acceptable?

Last edited by Jesse Redman; July 24th, 2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #325
Regular Crew

I notice the same thing with Sharpen. If the effect itself is checked off in your effects window, even if the value is 0, it will still apply some sharpening to the video. I just uncheck the effect if I don't want any at all, or remove the effect altogether.

Hope this is what you mean.
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #326

Same answer. Digibeta, Beta SP, Beta SX...same answer.
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #327
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce
Also, do all version of V5 support HDV? I have a JVCHD100.
HDV resolutions are supported with Vegas 5, but it does not come with an HD codec or capture tool. When 5 was current product, Sony recommended purchase of Cineform's ConnectHD to fill in the missing pieces. There are other capture tools; the Cineform codec has proven itself to be a top performer.

Vegas 6 is of course remarkably similar to 5, but includes a Sony capture app, and the Cineform codec. 6 is the current version.
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #328
Regular Crew

Still clip disappearing!?

I am bringing still images into my project (over a still background image) and using the pan/crop tool to resize. When I move an image to the right (still in pan/crop) it starts disappearing behind the background image. If I keep moving to the right it will disappear entirely.

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - David Bird
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #329
New Boot

this happens to me all the time.. I have'nt figured out exactly how I get it to work.. I know that if I put it on the very top track, it will ussualy stop doing this, so it must have somthing to do with compositing.
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #330
Sponsor: JET DV

Open Pan/Crop, right-click the window, and choose "Match Output Aspect".
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...