Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old July 31st, 2006, 09:11 PM   #376
New Boot

effect help - looney toons fade?

I'm trying to do an effect where it's sort of like a fade in, but it starts in the very center of the screen,
and grows out from a small circle into 100% opacity, then goes back to the small centre while it fades out. Sort of
think loony toons. I want it to sync to the sound of a heart beat if that might help some people visualize.

Any ideas?

much thanks in advance.
Old July 31st, 2006, 10:23 PM   #377

If you use either CineForm or Raylight as your intermediaries, Vegas handles it just fine, regardless of what you're doing.
http://www.vasst.com/search.aspx?text=raylight might help you
http://www.vasst.com
Old July 31st, 2006, 10:24 PM   #378

Use the "Iris" transition, set to start dead center (default).
Old August 1st, 2006, 08:20 AM   #379
Major Player

I'm using it more than one year since the times it was in beta versions.
Very good software and support but basically good for straight cuts only.

I think I've heard (but never tried) that Vegas can 'smart render' - eg. render only the transitions parts or am I mistaken?

I'm sure this is possible with TMPEG MPEG editor, or Womble suite.
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM   #380
Major Player

Vegas does not "smart render" MPEG2 files, it will recompress everything whether or not it has been modified.

John
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:46 AM   #381
Fred Retread

Clearing capture "Tape Names" drop down box

In setting up for Capture I have about sixty tape names in the Tape Name selection drop down box. How do you clear that thing? Can't find it in preferences or Help, but I must have done it before or I'd have a hundred more in there.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:21 AM   #382
Inner Circle

I start a new project and then save the vidcap file with the project name (i.e. NewProject.sfvidcap). That does it for me.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:27 AM   #383
Regular Crew

Firewire hd problem

Thanks for looking.
I'm new to the HC3 so I apologize if this question has been answered before. My problem is capturing hd. For starters I have 2 PCs, one is a laptop and one is a tabletop. I run vegas 6 on both.
When capturing high def and normal dv on my laptop all goes at it should without any problems.
when I capture normal DV on my tabletop that also works fine. My problem is when caturing high def on my tabletop, windows xp SP2 fails to recognize my camera when in high def mode, as soon I switch back to DV mode on my hc3 windows recognizes it.

My laptop, with built in firewire uses a texas instruments chipset. My tabletop just uses a regular no name firewire card.
I am assuming that my problem has to do with my firewire card. If anyone can confirm this or suggest something else to check that would great, and any card recommendations would be great too.

Thanks
Lou
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:30 AM   #384

You need to select the Internal capture app in Vegas for HDV, and the External capture app for DV.
You also need to be sure the camera is correctly set for output of one or the other.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:06 PM   #385
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
You need to select the Internal capture app in Vegas for HDV, and the External capture app for DV.
You also need to be sure the camera is correctly set for output of one or the other.
Thanks for the quick reply, I do actually have the internal capture selected. I'm not sure which output your refferring to.
When using my laptop in HD (working connection) I can shut down the camera, move it to the table top pc still in hd mode and plug it into that firewire cable of my tabletop and windows will not recognize the camera. As soon as switch the camera to DV mode ,bang up pops windows recognizing the camera.

Sorry if this is confusing.

Lou
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:15 PM   #386

It sounds as though you might not have the DVHS drivers enabled. Are you using XP? SP2?
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:23 PM   #387
Regular Crew

I'm not at the pc right now, but I'm pretty sure that it is sp2. How does one enable the DVHS drivers?

Thanks for you help

Lou
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:10 PM   #388
Regular Crew

definately sp2, it would appear that the dvhs driver is the problem. in my device manager the hc3 is showing up as a AV/C tape device. I don't think this is correct is it?

thanks
Lou
Old August 3rd, 2006, 04:30 AM   #389
Regular Crew

Vegas with 3 monitors

Hello.
I have 3 Dell 24" monitors.
I am thinking how to set up the PC in order to work with the 3 of them as you usually do with 2 of them. I want them at native resolution of 1920x1200.

But i cant find a good solution.
Matrox has a 3 port adapter, but it is VGA and seems like resolution will be low.

I have heard of people using 2 video cards. that could work. But how do you do it and what do you buy? PCI? PCIe?

I have a XFX GF7900 GT Extreme Edition 1500 but shouldn´t be a problem to upgrade.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:31 AM   #390
Tourist

I edit a segment in 30i first and convert to 24p when I'm done. It would be a nightmare to 24P every clip prior. By nightmare I'm talking about loooong render times for footage that wont see use. Plus the file size would eat up a HD quick.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...