Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 34 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old August 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM   #496
Major Player

Hmm effects bypassed? sure there is a check at the top in the plug-in... did you maybe bypass the effects in the preview window... forget what the icon looks like but it has a little triangle next to it.
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #497
Sponsor: JET DV

My guess would be that you turned on "split screen". It's the button just above the preview screen that's a circle that's half light and half dark.
Old August 12th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #498
Major Player

Is there a file that these settings are stored in so I can change some and have a back up if something goes wrong... don't really want to start from scratch from one setting.
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #499
Regular Crew

is your video preview on draft or good. sometimes its hard to tell if it is on draft.
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Richard
Is there a file that these settings are stored in so I can change some and have a back up if something goes wrong... don't really want to start from scratch from one setting.
It's called "The Registry" - i.e. Windows Registry!
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #501
Major Player

Yeah, that's what I figured so I dug through it looking for the keys but I couldn't find it.

I'm no dummy when it comes to the registry and the "damage" it can cause and I know how to back it up... I do IT work for a living so I'm not afraid to dig into it.
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #502
Regular Crew

Render Again and Again !?!

Hey guys,
I have rendered a project to mpeg 2 for DVD. It took over 8 hours to render it. After reviewing it, I notice there were simple corrections that need to be made.

Q1: Do I have to re-render the original project and wait another 8+ hours or can I just edit the mpeg 2 clip and render as a mpeg 2 clip? Will there be any loss in quality bo using the second method?

Q2: Also, Is there any way to merge multiple mpeg 2 clips into one to be view as a movie in DVDA? Or will I have to place all the clips on the timeline in Vegas and select and render them as one clip?

Q3: I have old clips that I want to put on the web. I have deleted the original avi clips for the sake of space. Is it safe to render a mpeg 2 file as a wmv or rm file? Will there be an enormous loss of quality when rendering from a mpeg2 file instead of the original avi file?

Thank you for your help.
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #503

Q1: Yes, you need to render the whole thing again unless you use some other program that can cut MPEG2 without re-rendering.

Q2: Yes, you can "End Action" from the first one to the second one. There will be a slight delay as this happens and the length of the delay will vary from player to player.

Q3: It's "safe" but the quality won't be as good as it would be using the original files. Just try it and see if it looks fine to you.
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #504
Regular Crew

Q1 (Rev): After editing, is it ok to re-render the original MPEG2 as a MPEG2 without loss of quality?

Q2,Q3: Thank you! I will try it.
Old August 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #505

Rendering MPEG2 to MPEG2 will decompress and recompress EVERY frame. You're better off going back to the original source file.
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #506
Regular Crew

Sony Vegas Movie + DVD Platinum tweaks?

Sorry if the question has been answered before, but is there any form of video hardware acceleration possible with this software? Also, I know that Vegas 6 has support for multi-core and dual CPU's, but does SVMD6 Platinum have the same capability?
Old August 14th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #507
Major Player

Mice

Hey - sorry to bother but I'm baffled. I recently cleaned a lot out of my hard drives, ok good, but now when watching anything, preview window, movie, whatever, it stutters incredibly when I move my mouse, video, even audio, any ideas at all? It never did this before..
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #508
Major Player

Not sure if this is it but anytime you "clean up" your Hd you should do a defrag (along with a good weekly defrag routine).

Do as I say, not as I do ;)

***Guess I'm quicker on the trigger ;)
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #509
Regular Crew

Did you defrag your hard drives after cleaning them out? Simple thing to miss, but might be the cause.

(Edit : Yes you are Kevin, yes you are! :D )
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #510
Major Player

Will do and report - Thank you!!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...