Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 36 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old August 16th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #526
Major Player

Unless he edited his post he said he was using 6.0d
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #527
Regular Crew

Subtitles and Markers

I noticed that when I set markers they number them which I totally understand, but when I add a region for subtitle it picks off where I left off from the markers. Is this gonna screw my chapters up come DVD time? I obviously have never done this before.

Last edited by John Lorince; August 16th, 2006 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Changing title
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:22 AM   #528
Regular Crew

I certainly agree on the mess in HDV TIME CODE, need to get DSE on the case, he certainly has a strong interest on the audio side of things, and Sony usually listens to him.

Maybe we can get Chris H to take a more active role in the 5.1 sound issues. I agree with HD displays becoming more of a norm in homes, and with 5.1 sound just as common place, the type of video work folks on this forum are involved to would in a lot of instances benefit from more advanced audio. After all the audio sections says 70% of the experience is audio, which I agree with.

The only video capture system that I have seen that starts to take this into account is the Sennheiser Bonsai digital recorder, supported hard drive and an adat optical 8 channel audio.

We just need to keep screaming ;-)))

Sharyn
Old August 17th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #529
Sponsor: JET DV

No it will not. The numbers are meaningless - the LOCATION is important.
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #530
Regular Crew

Other Free Plugins for Vegas

I have "WAX INVOKER" and "ADORAGE" plugins for Vegas with nice transition mostly, but I'm looking for other free plugin or trial plugin for Vegas for download.
Regards.
Old August 17th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #531
Inner Circle

Excalibur, UltimateS, NewageFX and audio plugins...there are many available some free,some not. What is it that you are looking for?

Don
Old August 17th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #532
Regular Crew

Vegas Plugin

I'm looking for different plugin for Vegas (audio or video), maybe I will find some interesting for me. Is any link (except VASST) where I can find colection of different plugin for Vegas.
Regards.
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #533
Sponsor: JET DV

You can try this one:

http://www.blue7media.com/vegas/

But there IS a page for this on VASST as well:

http://www.vasst.com/?v=training/Vegasplugsnew.htm

and there are several listed here as well.
Old August 17th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #534
Regular Crew

Vegas question

Hi guys,

Quick question, editing a video on vegas 6.0 and all of a sudden some of the clips have turned red and don't show up on the video preview. I thought I had possibly erased the source file but they are in my bin. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old August 17th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #535
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Chan
Can you:

-update to the latest version of vegas 6 first... one of the newer update improved HDV performance.
-Convert the HDV to an intermediate format like cineform
-apply the velocity envelopes
-turn off/on resampling as necessary (under clip properties). Gives you motion blur or no motion blur.
I'll try this, however, I suspect this may simply speed up video. I am seeking a more stacatto effect). But I am a recent convert to vegas, so I'll try this this weekend.

And yes I have 6.0d.
Thanks forthe response
Old August 17th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #536
Inner Circle

Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you:-O

Its a goofy thing but sometimes it just doesn't see the clip-I don't know why but you can try shutting down and rebooting the machine. For some reason that works for me when on the rare times it happens, a reboot works.

Don
Old August 17th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #537
Regular Crew

Sony Arch wont recognize Pioneer DVD drive. . .

I have a Pioneer DVD RW DVR111D DVD writer, and DVDA 2.0 and 3.0 wont recognize it> I updated firmware. Do I need to get a Sony Drive ? Any suggestions of a new INTERNAL drive that will work ? THanks
Old August 18th, 2006, 01:55 AM   #538
Regular Crew

Feature length movie - render time?

Every video I've done, up to this point, has been 15 minutes or less. I'm now rendering a 48 minute corporate video and at 4% complete it shows right at 12 hours to render.

I'm rendering a .wmv at 720 X 480 X 24p at 300 bps. It has lots of clips, color correction, B & W scenes, color scenes and major audio automation.

Past experience is that the estimated render time will continue to climb until about 10% of the video is rendered. I'm estimating it to take 24 hours (or longer) on a 3 Ghz, dual core system.

My question is: What length of time has anyone experienced in rendering a feature length video? AND, how big was the file? Did you split it in segments? Were your rendering for DVD or another delivery method? What file format did you use? Were there any other considerations you had to make for DVD or other file format?

Thanks for your input.
Old August 18th, 2006, 06:41 AM   #539
Inner Circle

It's a well known fact that Sony is slow in supplying drivers for newer DVD burners. For this reason, a lot of folks use another app such as Nero or RecordNow.
Old August 18th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #540
Inner Circle

My experience with rendering wmv files is that it takes anywhere from 2 to 10 times as long to render (as compared to DV-AVI). All you can do is grin and bear it - and wait for the render to finish :-)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...