Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 38 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old August 19th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #556
Inner Circle

You need to buy an MJPEG codec for this to work. Edward Troxel has recommendations on his "How do I open AVI files create by still cameras?" FAQ page at http://www.jetdv.com/vegas/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38
Old August 19th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #557
Trustee

Strange. Recently I added a LiteON to my exisiting NEC and I had the same problem. After rebooting twice it was done! I suggest you check your BIOS settings to make sure it sees your drive. IF it does it is an OS problem maybe.
Old August 19th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #558
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah
Strange. Recently I added a LiteON to my exisiting NEC and I had the same problem. After rebooting twice it was done! I suggest you check your BIOS settings to make sure it sees your drive. IF it does it is an OS problem maybe.
Your burning software has to have "drivers" for your drive... nero releases a new driver every now and then that usually takes care of everything I've come across for Nero.. but I haven't piddled with DVDA as my plextor works... but Pioneer is a top drive (no. 2 in my opinion) so I would think it will get around one day.
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #559
Tourist

Avid HDV captured footage in Vegas

I have several hours of HDV video captured in Avid Xpress Pro HD latest version. The video files are avid mxf, the audio is aif. That is the only way Avid allowed me to capture HDV from a Sony HC-3.

I have been unable to import the mxf files into Vegas?

Is it me, or is it possible to use the Avid mxf files in Vegas 6 d?
Old August 19th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #560
Regular Crew

I doubt you can. The MXF format on the Avid has a Avid wrapper around it. Is the vegas software on the same computer?
Old August 19th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #561
Tourist

Avid MXF and Vegas

No, it is not on same pc, but can install Vegas on same pc if need be.

thanks for reply
Old August 19th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #562
Regular Crew

You might want to visit avid.com and get the avid codecs. I am not sure this will help but it is the only shot other than rendering out quicktimes in Avid.
Old August 19th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #563
New Boot

Letterbox to 4:3 and 16:9

I shot in letterbox mode and need a full resolution, uncompressed file, in 4:3 without the bars. Also need a full res, uncompressed 16x9 version. I did a search, but found nothing. Anyone know how I can do it easily?

Thanks.
Old August 19th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #564
Inner Circle

I believe that this is a "Disk Drive Overheating" issue.

Ben, how are you cooling your drives?

I have some external drives 750gb external SATA drives which run very hot.

Try cooling your drives better and this will probably go away.

Today, I forgot to turn on a fan which I use to cool a 750gb Seagate drive. After the drive got very hot, the timeline showed red squares instead of the footage. Then I noticed that I did not have the fan on, and my drives were very hot. I save the Vegas project, turned on the fan, restarted Vegas and everything worked normally. I did not have to reboot my computer.
Old August 20th, 2006, 06:14 AM   #565
New Boot

You can also shot an inquiry to Sony Support. It took a while, but Sony Engineering eventually supplied me with 3 *.dll files that brought my NEC to life within Sony. This was about a year ago, with a brand new Alienware dual core blah blah blah. It really took me by surprise when the NEC wasn't seen. I used the Nero workaroung discussed above until it got sorted out. Darryl
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #566
Inner Circle

Need help from VASST

It tried to use Double Take and just ended up with a mess, I think it didn't work because my first track is not continuous. Either way, I deleted all my markers that I had used for DT, but then I still have the 'diagonal preview' I need help with figuring how to get rid of it. I'm using Vegas 6, the latest version

Update: Well, it was kinda 'back yard mechanichy', but I fixed it by going into everyone of my clips and reseting the pan/crop. For what ever reason DT failed for me. I'll just do the two multi-cam by hand on this project.

Last edited by Steven Davis; August 20th, 2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #567
Regular Crew

Video in box on video?

Help,.. how do you size a video to fit in a box on top of the video that is showing. Example showing a video over someones shoulder while they are talking about it.
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #568
Major Player

Put the video you want to inset PIP on the top track with your main video below. Use track motion to move the PIP where you want it to be.

Edward Troxel has a newsletter that describes how to do this.
Old August 20th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #569
Major Player

Will be at IBC 2006

I will be at IBC Amsterdam september 9 and 10, any other
Vegas-heads in attendance who are up for a beer?
Email helander at fastmail dot fm

Any highly recommended booths other than Sony's and Panny's?

/magnus
Old August 20th, 2006, 01:05 PM   #570
Major Player

I've used DT on a couple of projects... it can get quirky but really that's is always my fault (I get lost with which take I'm using and such and there isn't any real indicator).

you need to have it on 2 tracks (they don't have to be continuous)... they have to be uniquely named... I think that's really it... follow the guide it should work and it's pretty handy.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...