Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 47 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old September 10th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #691
Regular Crew

Vegas editor needed in Seattle area

Hope this does not break any forum rules. I have an instructional DVD project that I need to get finished. I just don't have time to do it and need to hire a pro.

TIA,

Konrad
Old September 10th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #692
Sponsor: JET DV

Right-click it and choose "Edit Source Project"?
Old September 10th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #693
Trustee

That does not select the event; it takes you to the beginning of the timeline, so you have to search the nested file for the particular event.
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:59 PM   #694
Major Player

Themes, Buttons, Backgrounds - GONE!

I was attempting to download some themes from the Sony website. Following directions, I downloaded them to the DVDArchitect\Themes folder. When I started DVDA, the new themes were not showing, but the old ones were all there. I used the explorer window in DVDA to look at the themes folder for the new ones, but they were not there. I then used "my computer" to look in the folder and the new ones were listed. When I went back to Architect the Theme, Button, and Background tabs all were empty with text "No Themes(buttons,backgrounds) Available."

Is there anyway to get them back, short of re-installing DVDA? Thanks - PK
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:34 AM   #695
Inner Circle

How do you do this?

I have a clip and want it to go from black and white to normal color. Can vegas 5 do that? what are the steps?
Old September 11th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #696
Inner Circle

Hi Brian,

My method would be to use an instance of the Sony Black & White plugin on the video track or clip you want to affect.

At the beginning of your clip you'll want a FX keyframe with the plugin level at 100% (ie 100% b&w) and at the end of the clip add a second keyframe with the value set to 0% (ie off, or full colour).

Ian . . .
Old September 11th, 2006, 06:02 AM   #697
Major Player

I have a USB shuttle, but no luck, the problem still persists... perhaps it is solved with the new Vegas 7?

Besides, I only have the problem with HD files, SD-files work fine. If it was a constantly outputted keystroke, SD would suffer the same problem...
Old September 11th, 2006, 06:47 AM   #698
Inner Circle

I also use Vegas 6.0d and I have not noticed this problem.

Tonight I will load an HDV take into the trimmer and play it.

Do you have trouble on the actual timeline? I am not having any of your symptoms on the timeline.

Yes, since the problem does not appear with SD takes then it probably is not a random keystroke. However, just for a test, remove your USB Shuttle.
Old September 11th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #699
Sponsor: JET DV

DVD A has two themes folders: "themes" which has a series of "thm" files and "_Themes" which has a series of folders (one for every "thm" file in the other folder). You need the "thm" files in the "themes" folder and they automatically populate the "_Themes" folder.
Old September 11th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #700
Major Player

Indeed, i failed to mention the most important part: When i take the file out of the trimmer and onto the timeline, the problem is gone... i.e., the problem is only when playing back from the trimmer...
Old September 11th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #701
Inner Circle

Hate that trimmer anyway. .. I know its not great work flow, but I just trim it on the time line....
Old September 11th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #702
Regular Crew

is this enough gig?

We have an hour and 44 minute project we need to do. It's in 10 sections now and we need to compile the 10 sections together end to end with simple titles for the sections and brightness and contrast correcting. Oh, and possibly some minor audio level changes.

It wouldn't seem there would need to render too much right? The guy uses vegas and has one gig of RAM. He doesn't know if that's enough RAM to render it all. Is it? He says for really big projects it only gets about 50% through and stops because he doesn't have enough RAM. But since there isn't many effects or anything, just brightness/contrast correcting and titles I thought maybe it would work.

Anyone know?

Also, is 80 gig enough to hold an hour and 44 minutes of footage?
Old September 11th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #703
Inner Circle

You should be fine with only 1 gb of ram. I have rendered feature length movies hundreds of times with only 1 gb of ram.

Are you attempting to perform a Dynamic Ram Preview?

I recommend that you use "File|Render As" to render your project.

To turn off "Dynamic Ram Preview":

"To turn off dynamic RAM previewing, enter 0 in the Dynamic RAM preview (max) box on the Video tab of the Preferences dialog."
Old September 11th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #704
Inner Circle

Dear Werner,

I attempted to duplicate your problem.

I am using Vegas 6.0d.

I used a ".M2T" file from a Canon XL H1, then captured it using Vegas' internal capture program. Then I rendered it using the Cineform software included with Vegas 6.0d.

Then I loaded the take into the trimmer and played it with Video Preview on.

I did not have any problems.
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #705
Inner Circle

as a reference, 1hour of DV equates to 13gb...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...