DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/41400-vegas-video-discussions-2006-q3q4.html)

Mike Kujbida July 5th, 2006 04:23 AM

Quote:

Do i change the project settings to match exactly the video?
That's the best way to do it.
As you've discovered, there's no easy way to mix and match videos that have different settings without making compromises (letterbox or pan & scan) somewhere along the line.

David Bird July 5th, 2006 06:27 AM

Emulating ProMist Filter

Now that I've purchased a ProMist filter for my cam, I'm having second thoughts about shooting original footage with it, i.e., I'm stuck with the "look". Any suggestions on how to get a similar look in post. Gaussian blur, luminance, etc.
Thanks in advance for any help.
David Bird

Seth Bloombaum July 5th, 2006 10:20 AM

Ya', that black promist has mostly stayed in my camera case, too.

I've not tried as such, but I'd start with a little gaussian blur, glow, and I'd bring the black level up to perhaps 15 or 20 using Brightness & Contrast or Levels.

I think you'll find the glow efx interesting. Maybe light rays as well. Blur probably goes last in the chain.

David Bird July 5th, 2006 01:12 PM

I've tried dragging glow, light rays, and gaussian blur effects to a clip on my timeline. I'm not seeing any of the effects in the preview window....does the clip have to be rendered before I can see how the effects have changed the look?
David Bird

Edward Troxel July 5th, 2006 01:43 PM

Click on the "Split Screen View" button just above the preview screen (it's a circle that's half light and half dark) to turn it off. You apparently have it set to "bypass effects".

David Bird July 5th, 2006 01:48 PM

It's always the little things...Thank you, sir
David Bird

Pete Peterson July 5th, 2006 05:23 PM

make timeline play from anywhere?

When i enter into pan/crop or a particular FX, i would like to be able to play
then timeline below for a quick preview instead of having to move the mouse
down and then hit play. I've read about a play from anywhere button ctrl-space
or F12 is supposed to do it but when i try it doesnt do anything.

Is there anyway to restore this setting so i can play the timeline from these areas?

Steve Clee July 5th, 2006 07:39 PM

DVD Architect 2 Menu Help

So I have made up my menu pic via Photoshop. Imported the
psd into DVDA. Now is there a way for me to hotlink certain areas of the
background pic to certain media clips ?

Cheers

Steve

Don Donatello July 5th, 2006 07:58 PM

drop the clip into the menu on top of photo ...
then change the button ( clip ) to TEXT only -
move the text over the area in the photo and shape it to the area - then "edit text" and take out the text ( leave area blank) .. now that area of the photo will be highlighted and links to the clip

Edward Troxel July 5th, 2006 08:11 PM

F12 should work fine for that purpose. I just tested on my system with Pan/Crop and and Effects window open and it worked in both cases. If you haven't changed the keyboard shortcuts, it should work fine for you as well. If you have, you can hold down CTRL-SHIFT while starting Vegas to reset everything back to factory defaults.

Steve Clee July 5th, 2006 08:20 PM

Thanks alot, will give that a try..

Cheers

SC

Tony Newman July 5th, 2006 11:36 PM

Trouble capturing DVCPro with FX1

Hello everyone!
I've been aquiring video with my FXI and capturing /editing with Vegas 6.0 with never a problem. However, after a customer dropped off a DV tape that was recorded by a DVCPro camera. I tried to log it in but Vegas refuses to see or capture it. I can see the video footage play back on the FX1 monitor and I've tried every setting I can think of on the FX1 output. Any way I can capture DVCPro tape using the FX1 as a playback device in Vegas?

Thanks, Tony Newman

Graham Bernard July 5th, 2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
F12 should work fine for that purpose. I just tested on my system with Pan/Crop and and Effects window open and it worked in both cases.

Yes, this works for me too. But, it also knocks out my Contour Shuttle Pro control. I need to go to the Time Line with mouse OR k/b to override the t/l cursor. And then I can use my CSP. So, one step forward, and one step back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
If you haven't changed the keyboard shortcuts, it should work fine for you as well.

What do you mean Edward? Do you mean that if I have made "any" changes this will not work OR do you mean any specific changes? Your, "If you haven't changed the keyboard shortcuts, . ." is telling me that if I want to make this work I should have changed any k/b shortcuts? Or are you meaning any F12 shortcuts? I haven't changed any F12 shortcuts.

Please clarify,

Grazie

Arnold English July 6th, 2006 04:30 AM

I have another question concerning FADE IN/OUT. Does that apply to the "video" part also? Can you fade out (gradually darken out) a video event's graphics?

Mark Bryant July 6th, 2006 06:28 AM

Sure you can. On the timeline point the cursor at the top right corner of the video event and drag it to the left.