Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 52 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old September 16th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #766
Sponsor: JET DV

The other option is to click on the "Save Snapshot to File" button which will create an actual file instead of simply copying it to the clipboard. As stated, both buttons are just above the preview screen. Also, the Preview Quality controls the size and quality of the image. You might want to change the preview mode to "Best (Full)" before taking the snapshot.
Old September 16th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #767
Major Player

ED, where is that?
Old September 16th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #768

The "Save Snapshot" button is just above the video preview display - looks like a floppy disk.
Old September 17th, 2006, 06:12 AM   #769
Regular Crew

Downconverting 1080 HDV to 4.2.2 SD in Vegas 6d

I am trying to figure out the best way to edit my HDV footage as 4.2.2 SD to take advantage of the extra colour info gained from the 1080 HD downconvert. I gather downconverting to the Sony YUV codec in SD is the only solution in Vegas 6d? The problem here is that SD Sony YUV files are 4x bigger than DV files, and are slow to edit.

DSE mentioned on another thread that a DVCPRO 50 codec is available at Matrox.com. But I've looked and cannot find it there.

Also Vegas 6d is supposed to be able to handle IMX 50. But why can't I find this codec Vegas to downconvert HDV to 4.2.2 SD.

Any thoughts would be most helpful...
Old September 17th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #770
Inner Circle

Try http://www.matrox.com/video/support/...codec/home.cfm for the DVCPRO 50 codec. It's free but there's a form to fill out before you can download it.
MainConcept also has one but it's $350 U.S.
Old September 17th, 2006, 07:23 AM   #771
Regular Crew

directx cannot be uninstalled.

Problem solved by reinstalling SP2 which comes with directx 9.0c
( however there might be different versions of SP2 out since the system already had SP2 installed, but only with drectx 9.0b which was not upgradeable with downloaded directx 9.0c )

Vegas is up and running.
Old September 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #772
Inner Circle

Remove envelope points in selection area script???

Now that I have a new Behringer BCF2000 running, creating volume envelopes via the faders (very cool for multitrack audio mixing!) I find that I'm creating an enormous number of envelope points.

Anyone know of a script that would remove all envelope points in a selection area on a selected track? Right-clicking each one is too much... cause with automation you can create them so dang fast.
Old September 17th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #773
Inner Circle

I just happened to stumble across the answer to this the other day.
No script is necessary. On the toolbar, switch from Normal Edit Tool to Envelope Edit Tool. Now drag across the timeline to highlight the points you want to delete. You'll see the blue squares change to white with a blue outline. Select delete and the points are gone (reset to 0 db).
Old September 17th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #774
Inner Circle

Got it - works great!

Thanks Mike.
Old September 18th, 2006, 03:33 AM   #775
Regular Crew

This is excellent. Thanks Mike.

The DVCPRO 50 really works great on my Vegas. Pity I can't find the promised IMX 50 on 6d.

Last edited by John Poore; September 18th, 2006 at 07:13 AM.
Old September 18th, 2006, 04:15 AM   #776
Major Player

Vegas en Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

The performance in previewing en rendering in Vegas is letting me down since I'm starting to use High Definition (from the JVC) - even in version 7...

I was wondering if upgrading to Windows XP Professional x64 edition (the 64-bit OS, since I have an Athlon 64) would do me any good IN vegas. It'll probably speed up things outside Vegas, but does vegas itself support the 64-bit processing and will it take advantage?
Old September 18th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #777

Vegas does not officially support 64bit windows. Some people are successfully running it there - others have had problems. Proceed at your own risk.
Old September 18th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #778
Inner Circle

Hollywood DV Bridge

I've had one of these for a few years and, to be honest, it's had little use during that time. I don't really want to use my shiny new XL2 as a passthrough device to my external monitor so I thought I'd dust off the Hollywood DV Bridge and give it another whirl, especially as we can now enjoy simultaneous displays on a secondary and an external monitor.

All the painful memories came flooding back to me and I remember now why I stopped using it. It is SO temperamental!

This morning I was using it fine, passing a signal from Vegas 7 to a JVC monitor and also to a small w/s TV. This evening, however, it doesn't want to play at all. In fact it hangs Vegas until I remove the firewire cable!

I've done all the resetting under the sun, trawled various other forums, searched for support pages, all to no avail.

So my question is: is there ANYONE actually using one of these devices successfully with Vegas? Does anyone have any hints or tips as to how to get the damned thing up and running?

Any help appreciated, cos I'm stumped!

Ian . . .
Old September 18th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #779
Trustee

Best render fit for DVD

Hmmm. This is the longest project I have done at 47 minutes, and I want to output to DVD. The file is about 10 gig. Of course I can't fit that on a DVD. But if I use .wmv 3Mbps, I get a file that is 1 gig.

Is there a setting I could use to max rez while still fitting on a disc???

Thanks.
Old September 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #780
Regular Crew

Here are two discussion threads about it from the Sony forum:

Improved Render Times in Vegas 6

Installation Woes on Vegas 7 (but it does work)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...