Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 57 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old September 25th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #841
Major Player

Problem with Wax Plug-in

The wax-plug-in keeps giving errors when using in version 7 of vegas. I can't find any info wether the problem is that it still doesn't support vegas 7. Wax keeps telling me that I should check if scripting is enabled (and refuses to open), but of course it is....
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:00 AM   #842
Sponsor: JET DV

You might try checking in the support area on the debugmode.com website.
Old September 25th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #843
Major Player

Border

Hi - Does anyone know where I might find a border from like a silent film when they used the title cards?
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #844
Regular Crew

Copy to clipboard question

Hi all,
I am new to vegas,
I used to see the FX's effect on the preview window (on the full window),
but after I pressed the 'copy to clipboard' button, the best I can see is a half frame (the other half is bypassed, or showing the frame I copied to the clipboard), HOW can I see the FX effect on a full frame ?
Thanks, Sassi.
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #845
Inner Circle

Why are you copying to the clipboard? Put the FX on the clip and play it out. If you don't like it open up the clip and remove it. The clip board worls really well for color correction-pick the frame you want to match, copy to the clipboard then move the cursor over to the clip you want to work on, press the slit screen icon and do the work to the clip.

Don
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #846
Major Player

Thanks again for the help. This is going to be a slow process.
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #847
Major Player

Vegas 7 and Blackmagic

Try as I might I can not get Vegas to recognize the Blackmagic Design Decklink (device unavailable). Works fine with Vegas 6, do I need to uninstall?

Jim
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #848
Regular Crew

Don,
Thats what I usualy do, but i mistakenly copied a frame to the clipboard.
Can I 'empty' the clipboard ? again I preffer to see a full window of the effects.
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:58 PM   #849
Inner Circle

You don't need to 'empty' the clip board and to see the clip or frame full frame it sounds like you have the split screen icon pressed on. It's next to the clip board icon in the preview screen, turn it off and you should be fine.

Don
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #850
Sponsor: VASST

To convert from 4:3 to 16:9 you should first change your project properties to DV Widescreen. Then use Pan/Crop on each event and apply the 16:9 Widescreen crop setting. Check to make sure something important didn’t get cropped off of the top or bottom and move the crop as needed. (I like to lock the movement to vertical only so I don’t move the crop sideways) Then proceed to the next event. Finally render using one of the Widescreen templates.

This process will, of course, decrease your vertical resolution and that decrease may be noticeable on a 50” plasma, but you got what you got. There aren’t a lot of options.

~jr
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #851
Sponsor: VASST

I just let Vegas to the SD downconvert for me. It does an outstanding job at this. I go right from the timeline to NTSC Widescreen MPEG2. Be sure to check the option to Stretch video to fill output because HDV is 1.3333 aspect and DV Widescreen is 1.2121 and if you don’t you will have a slight black pillarbox (vertical black bands on the left and right) which may be noticeable if you are viewing on a LCD/Plasma widescreen display.

~jr
Old September 26th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #852
Trustee

Vegas 7 preview window resolution issue

I'm having this resolution horror issue on my 2nd LCD. It looks ok for Vegas 6 but when the same settings is applied on V7, it sucks! Anyone with the same problem?
Old September 26th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #853
New Boot

While I have not personally used a core2 for video editing, all of the reviews make it sound like these chips are great for such tasks, so I think you'll be fine editing on a laptop. I think whatever brand of pc you go with, you'll want to upgrade to at least 2gb of ram. If the 5400 drive becomes an issue, get an external firewire drive/case.
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #854
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad Haskins
Do you have any evidence that big evil Dell has scr*wed up Alienware?
Hehe, two words; Big Corportation, it is inevidable, imo that Dell will screw alienware up.

Back to the topic though, I just bought an HP 8000t 2.0ghz laptop. I've not really had a chance yet to put it though the paces, but I've been pleased so far, with exception to the @#$! bloatware.

I wouldn't get hung up on brand, the reason being, I almost went with the sony, but the video card in the sony is maxed at 128, I wanted the full 256, so HP it was, Dell was 500.00 bucks more and Apple, well, I won't open that can of worms. I looked at Alienware, but decided not to buy the hype.

So do a comparison by spec by spec, just because dell, sony, etc, say blah blah, the devil really is in the details. For instance, I had to actually call Sony for a spec since the website didn't list it.

You be careful out there.
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #855
Inner Circle

try postiing a screen shot, I'm not sure what exactly is your issue.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...