Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 66 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old October 7th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #976
Major Player

External Monitor & Video Preview

Is it possible to view video on both the external monitor & the video preview window during playback simultaneously without the preview window being blacked out?

I am using vegas 6.

Does vegas 7 have this as a new feature?
Old October 7th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #977

Vegas 7 allows for both computer display and external monitor display of preview at the same time, yes.
http://www.vasst.com
Old October 7th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #978
Major Player

Awesome, and thank you.
Old October 7th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #979
New Boot

Capture A1J to Vegas

You'll have to forgive me, but I cannot find the information I'd like. This isn't a small forum and trust me I have looked and searched until I'm cross eyed.

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

I thought, like an idiot; that the reason for digital was zero degredation during transfer. I cannot get any (any format for 4 months) captures off my tape using firewire to motherboard without blurry video resulting. What I see in the viewfinder is what I want to see on the screen!

I have tried combinations of most of the settings that made sense and have not acheived good results. Is the A1 capable of producing DVD quality images? or at the very least something that looks better than a VCR tape?

Where is the thread describing the settings for capture in Vegas? Or can someone describe a work flow for me to follow?

Many Thanks,
tt
Old October 7th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #980

1, put cam in HDV mode.
2. Plug in firewire cable
3. Start Vegas
4. Choose the INTERNAL capture app for Vegas, not the External. Internal app is for SDI/HDV, external is for DV.
5. Start capture.
http://www.vasst.com
Old October 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #981
Regular Crew

You got to give us more info: whats your computer, is it VV 7.0, which version of BM card / driver, etc. Come on now we want to help you out !
Old October 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #982
New Boot

cannot render to windows HD

My system cannot finish a render to WMV-HD (from JVC-HD100, HDV-30P clips & cineform AVI project) ... it just finish before completes the clip (52 mins. long)... render to std. DVD (mpeg2 & AC3) is great without any problems...

any suggestions ?
is there any other HD-format to deliver the project ? (other than tape)...

reagrds
Old October 7th, 2006, 08:09 PM   #983
New Boot

Burning in DVDA 4.0 - IOCTL Error

Here's the problem:

I just upgraded from DVD Architect 3 to Architect 4. Architect 3 previously worked flawlessly.

First render went fine but about 2 minutes into the burn I received an "IOCTL Error" with a statement that the "interface or drive may be configured incorrectly". Just to make sure, I tried to burn 2 more disks (different brands) after the first - all failed - all got the same error.

Here's the full details of the error message:

'SFMMCX'-(17)
''-(0)
-'_NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A 104C'-(0)
Module sfmmcx.cpp Line 1764

Command: 2a 00 00 00 d0 e0 00 00 20 00
Sense: 02 04 08
Info: 00 00 00 00
Specific: 00 00 00
Extra: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Yes, the driver for the burner is updated to the latest version (I reloaded it again tonight just to make sure). Yes, the bios for the computer is updated to the latest version (ditto re the driver). Yes, the burner has been error-free until installing DVD Architect 4.0. No, nothing else on the system has been changed (other than the install of Architect 4.0 and Vegas 7(a) up from Vegas 6(d)).

I've considered dumping Architect 4 and re-installing DVD Architect 3, but as I recall from the warning screen in DVDA4 projects upgraded to 4.0 are not backward compatible to 3.0.

And I'm burning a project with a simple menu (one animation in the thumbnail and one animation in the background) and one project (downressed in the render from .m2t file).

Help! Thoughts? Solutions? (and, of course, I am trying to burn a project to a deadline ...)

(and if an offered solution is to burn using another non-DVDA4 burning programme, could someone let me know what I need to do to load up the DVDA4 project into the different burning programme?)

Thanks in advance.
Old October 7th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #984
New Boot

UPDATE:

OK - reinstalled DVDA3. Redid the menus having lost them upon the upgrade to DVDA4. Rendered and burned the media under DVDA3.

DVD burned and (partially, as of now) checked and it's perfect. Major crisis averted, blood pressure returning to normal. Deadline will be met.

To my non-technical pea-brain, the issue with the burner would appear to be solely a DVDA4 issue (i.e. the burner works just great with DVDA3 and other programs and is outfitted with the latest drivers etc. etc. etc.). Hopefully Sony fixes it, or it's DVDA3 for me for the duration (which renders the purchase of the bundled Vegas 7 with DVDA4 more than slightly disappointing).
Old October 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #985
Inner Circle

Vincent, a buddy of mine is experiencing similar results with cineform files. Is this what's on your timeline?

I don't know anything about it directly, but he referred to it as a known bug in V7, cineform's own forum full of threads...
Old October 8th, 2006, 05:30 AM   #986
Regular Crew

I have had similar problems with DVDA3. I would get seemingly random IOCTL errors when trying to burn. I became fed up and now I create ISO files from DVDA and then burn with Imgburn. I never have a problem with this procedure.

Regards,
Jerry
Old October 8th, 2006, 06:16 AM   #987
Major Player

Vegas 7.0 vs 7.0a

I just upgraded to Vegas 7 via Sony direct. Please be aware the version you may receive may not be 7.0a (Build 115). Mine was 7.0 I had to go to the website to pull this as an update.

I noticed this as I was highly anticipating the HDV capture scene detection feature which I could not find in 7.0. Am presently capturing HDV and seems to be working ok. (only been 10 min, so it's hard to type with fingers crossed!!)

When you start Vegas, or Click on "Help, About" you will see the version.
Old October 8th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #988
Major Player

No Seth, no cineform on my timeline, just a straight SD cap through Vegas...Vin
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #989
Sponsor: VASST

What version of Vegas? I have a 60 minute project that won’t complete rendering in Vegas 7 to Cineform AVI. Sometimes it just quits like you said and other times I get a BSOD. Vegas 6 renders the project just fine. Maybe it’s a bug?

~jr
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #990
Sponsor: VASST

Anything you get on CD is probably old and you should always go to the manufacturer’s web site to get the latest updates. This is standard procedure for all software.

~jr
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...