Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 69 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old October 9th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #1021
New Boot

well... I just upgraded to Connect HD 3.20 ..... but the clips were captured using previous version .... do you think just upgrading solves the problem ? ....

thanks
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #1022
Major Player

It worked for me.

Jim
Old October 10th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #1023
Regular Crew

Rendering time in Vegas 7

I am seeing rendering times (for instance to mpg2) in V7a to be about 30% longer than inV6, however, they are not dependent on the RAM Preview setting. Anyone else have rendering results?

V6 seemed very dependent on RAM Preview settings. With a certain setting I could render from the time line to DVD Architect mpeg2 in 1X time, or a little shorter. With V7a this seems to take 1.3X regardless of the RAM Preview setting. Going from m2t to Cineform Intermediate seems to take 13X, and Cineform Intermediate back to m2t is 3.5X. These tests were with the same veg project. Any data from other V7a users would be appreciated.

Buddy
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #1024
Tourist

help me with vegas trial 6

i downloaded the 30 day trial of vegas 6 and was recently playing around in it, but whenever i go to open a video and it has the loading bar at the bottom that says "building peaks" it stops at about half way and tells me that there has been an error while opening one of the codecs. what do i have to do to fix this??
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #1025

From where were the files acquired? If you've got an obtuse codec that isn't loaded on your machine with a reader, Vegas likely can't enumerate it.
http://www.vasst.com
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #1026
Tourist

there just like 2 minute videos that were taking with a little camera and copied on to the computer. so i cant really do anything to make the video play?
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:50 PM   #1027

Not until you download an MJPEG codec, which is what most small still cameras use. By "little camera" I'm assuming that means you're referring to a still camera that captures audio and video to a flash or static source, such as a Cybershot or similar. Those camcorders use an MJPEG codec.
There are a few free MJPEG readers around the web. Install one and Vegas will read your movies.
Old October 10th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #1028
New Boot

Vegas 7.0(b) Update

It appears that the Vegas 7.0(b) update is now available here: http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/dow...p2.asp?DID=697

The DVDA 4(a) update is available here: http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/dow...p2.asp?DID=694
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #1029
Regular Crew

Vegas 7 m2t limits?

Heya's

Just wondering if people have been experience limits on how many m2t's you can have in your project file in Vegas 7 like what was experienced by users of Vegas 6.

While it's really a bug that Sony were aware of (I've seen a response from Sony support to an user) and should of been fixed for version 6, I'd bite the bullet and upgrade to 7 if it meant not having to worry about the limit of clips you can have in a project. I know some people say it's relevent to your hardware, but i think it's obviously a memory management issue when you add just one clip over the limit and the memory usage skyrockets and crashes or corrupts.

So yeah, anyone experience clip amount limits in Vegas 7 (platimum version as well)?

Lee
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:13 AM   #1030
Sponsor: JET DV

People have been using hundreds of m2t clips on the timeline in Vegas 7. The issue in Vegas 6 is gone in Vegas 7.
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:24 AM   #1031
Regular Crew

thanks for the info
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #1032
Trustee

Nice update. Thks.
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:16 AM   #1033

No problems in VMS or Vegas. Just finished a project with over 2000 m2t clips that was started in Vegas 6 using proxies, anticipating a repair in Vegas 7, and it was indeed cleaned up.
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #1034
Trustee

Vegas 7b fixes
Quote:
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 7.0b

* The Insert Generated Music command now ignores the Import Audio at Project Tempo setting so Cinescore compositions are imported at actual length.
* The Lock Envelopes to Events feature no longer includes envelope points after the last event. Previously, moving an event to another track could cause other envelope points to be removed.
* For the Sony MXF format, a Progressive field order setting has been added for DVCAM and IMX rendering (via the Custom Template dialog for the MXF format). Also added 25p/30p detection when reading these files.
* The MXF reader now supports source files larger than 4 GB.
* Two-channel Broadcast Wave Format files are now imported to a single stereo track. In Vegas 7.0 and 7.0a, these files were imported to two tracks.
* Added support for the Zoom slider on some Microsoft keyboards.
* Event start times are now properly quantized if you drag media to the timeline when Options > Quantize to Frames is selected.
* Fixed a problem that could cause gapping when adding certain audio plug-ins to a plug-in chain.
* Fixed a problem that could occur when using the numeric keypad to move events across tracks.
* Fixed a problem generating audio peaks for some HDV source files.
* Implemented various HDV improvements, including stream-length matching, improved speed on non-SSE2 computers, and better handling of some HDV variants.
* Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when using Copy and trim media with project with a project that contained uncompressed AVI files without audio.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the Use color management feature (Preferences > Preview Device) from working correctly when using a Windows Secondary Display.
* Fixed a problem that prevented multichannel/multistream files from creating multiple tracks when dropping files on the ruler.
* Fixed a problem that prevented the Remove from project and delete files(s) command from working when right-clicking a file in the Project Media window.
* Fixed a bug that prevented certain Targa (TGA) files from opening.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when accessing CD or DVD drives on computers with Blu-ray drives.
* Fixed a problem that could cause a freeze under certain conditions when building peak files.
* Fixed a problem that could cause a frame stutter when reading some Windows Media Video files.
* Fixed a problem that prevented the rendered file from being added to a new track when using Render to New Track with HDV files.
* Fixed a problem that could cause the application to stall when reading large MPEG-2 or OMA files.
* Fixed a problem that caused Export Video to XDCAM Disc to fail if clips had been deleted from the disc.
* Fixed a problem that caused user-supplied disc names to be ignored when importing XDCAM clips.
* Fixed problems with loading and saving projects containing XDCAM information while the XDCAM Explorer was not enabled (Preferences > General > Enable XDCAM Explorer).
* Fixed a problem that prevented markers from being saved when rendering MXF files.
* Fixed a problem that prevented aspect ratio metadata from being saved when rendering MXF files.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the left/right surround and LFE channels from being rendered when rendering 5.1 surround projects to AC-3 or ATRAC formats.
* Fixed a problem with automating the Track EQ and Chorus plug-ins.
* Fixed a problem with printing 24p video to a DV device.
DVD Architectur 4a fixes:
Quote:
Notable Fixes/Changes in Version 4.0a

* DVD Architect can now detect MPEG-2 files with an .mpv extension.
* Resolved an issue with the Button Overlap colors not resetting when the Default All button button was clicked.
* Resolved an issue with scene selection menus improperly inheriting the keyframe transformation information from the parent menu.
* Resolved an issue in the Crop and Adjust dialog where adding a keyframe at the end of the timeline would clear the Crop and Adjust Properties.
* Resolved an issue with scene selection menus where the first chapter name was not displayed properly.
* Resolved an issue where inserting a keyframe via the shortcut menu did not properly update the cursor position.
* Resolved an issue with thumbnail images not displaying properly in scene selection menus when using certain themes.
* Resolved an issue where altering the order of assets within the Project Overview would cause the Button Order functionality to behave unpredictably.
* Resolved an issue with Pioneer BD-101 drives not appearing as a selectable drive within the drive list.
* Resolved an issue with the sample rate of Cinescore-authored audio.
* Resolved a crash that occurred if the DVD Architect detected certain Matsushita Blu-Ray drives.
Old October 11th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #1035
Inner Circle

Error Message "CRC Mismatch"

While trying to update to 7.0b, I get error message CRC Mismatch, and the files won't install. Same with the update of the DVD Architect.

Anyone know what that is about ?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...