Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old July 7th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #91
Regular Crew

Can Vegas Movie Maker + Platinum handle 4 channels of audio?

I'm trying to get two separate audio tracks - one with on-board mic and the other through the a sound board on the audio 2, and I am wondering if my version of Vegas can import the 4 channels of audio during capture? I'd like to have the extra channel of audio for sound backup but not sure if my editing software can do this. Any advice out there?
thanks
dean
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst
Hi Douglas,

Do you know if the Matrox codec solution requires an offline pass before editing the DVCPro50 content, or does it plug into Vegas, allowing immediate editing.

And... If it's an extra pass, is it fast and efficient?

Thanks!
If you want to capture in Vegas, it requires an offline pass. If you want to capture with a third party app that supports DVCPro50 during capture, then you can drop it straight into Vegas and start editing, and then print back to tape using the same third party app with which you captured.
http://www.vasst.com
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #93

Vegas can't, Scenelyzer can.
Bear in mind that when using 4 tracks of DV (and HDV) audio you're reducing the sampling rate and frequency, and it damages the integrity of the audio.
If you already knew this and don't mind, ignore my warning. ;-)
Old July 7th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #94
Regular Crew

thanks for the advice....actually, I knew that the audio would be reduced to that of FM quality - so I don't want that....Is there a way to still shoot with 4 channel and then only import the 2 channel into Vegas and have the other 2 channels as back up at a later time with other software?
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #95
Regular Crew

"Copy and trim media with project" is greyed out

This is probably a simple fix but I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I go to render this checkbox is not available to me.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #96
Inner Circle

Got it. Thanks!
Old July 7th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #97
Regular Crew

DSE's Vegas 4 Book.

Hi.

I came across DVInfo's Douglas Spotted Eagle's Vegas 4 Editing Workshop on half.com.

I am looking for a good book to give my dad on working with Vegas. He's not too tech savvy, basically wants to use it for family videos and the like.

Has anyone seen or used this book? Would it give someone who has very little savvy the right information the right way to enable them to produce simple projects? Or is it more of a power user's manual...

Any other Vegas 4 book recommendations if thats the case?

Thanks.

Raza

edit: my bad, wrong forum, admin, if you come across this could you please xfer it over to the non hdv vegas forum? thanks.
Old July 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #98
Regular Crew

Converting footage to the World Wide Web

I would like to convert footage in Vegas Movie Maker + Platinum to the WWW, but everytime I attempt, it tells me that the footage is too large to be converted - Isn't that one of the features that Vegas is suspose to do is to covert a large file so it can be displayed on the web?? Or the other option is to e-mail it, and when I try to convert it to e-mail, it again, tells me the file is too large. What am I doing wrong?
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #99
Jubal 28

Spot's Vegas 4 guide is one of the seminal works of Vegas training. I can't think of anything more accessible and useful for users of any level.
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #100

What template/format are you attempting to convert to? VMS does a great job of converting for REAL and WMV formats, but the QT encode isn't so great.
Go to File/render/ choose a wmv template, and I'd recommend using 512kpbs or smaller for most things.
What is the length of the file you're encoding?
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #101
Regular Crew

HDV editing

Hi all you lovely people,

What is the best way to edit HDV, is this possible in Vegas? Whats all this DV proxy business? I can do FCP or Vegas. Which is best? I'm going to be making music vids for MTV and a comedy sketch show for Channel 4 in the UK.. whats best, DVX100 or FX-1/one of those new HD panasonic cams..

Oh.. have 2 PCs and a Mac. Specs:

mac: G5 dual 1.8Ghz, 3.5GB RAM, firewire400 ext. 7200rpm HD, 2 internal HD, mbox
pc1: AMD 3000fx, 1.5gb ram, like a few 7200rpm 200GB HDs (mirrored) or something like that, delta66 s/c
pc2: P4 2.5Ghz, 1gb ram, a few 7200rpm 200GB HDs

Can upgrade if nec

Cheers for any input.
Old July 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #102
Regular Crew

Recently moved to XP - Newer PC - Vegas slower ?

Well I did most of my Vegas 6 work on an older P4 2Ghz PC. I recently moved to a P4 2.8 Ghz (1 gig ram) and XP. I find that Vegas 6 is slower. My auto preview seems choppy, title changes, seem to take a few seconds b4 showing on preview etc etc.
Can someone point me to a " How Vegas should be installed " article. Hardrive settings etc. I am sure there is one on here somewhere.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Steve
Old July 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #103
Regular Crew

Thanks.

Thanks for that information. I'ma go ahead and get this for me dad.

Raza
Old July 7th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #104
Regular Crew

Hi DSE...it's about 30 minutes of footage captured in 16bit SP quality.
Old July 7th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #105
Regular Crew

I was hoping on QT...but I could do it in another format.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...