Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 72 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old October 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #1066
Inner Circle

I'll try to do that and all of my videos are CBR so I know the bitrate of for all of my .wmv files.
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #1067
Major Player

Vegas 7.0b and HDV 720 24p

Hi
I just instaled Vegas 7.0b and hasn`t found the option in the template and to render to HDV 720 24p that I intend to use with my JVC HD 100a.
Should I do this template and render option myself and it`s going to work?
Thanks
Ron
Old October 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #1068
Jubal 28

You can still preview out. If it's raw footage which isn't recompressed (as in, no effects on it), it'll look stretched vertically in the preview -- but if it's recompressed, it'll appear as 16:9 letterboxed.
Old October 14th, 2006, 05:36 PM   #1069
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jimerson
Yeah -- for the most part, unless you're looking at the window bar, you wouldn't be able to tell which version you're in.
That's exactly it... if there were any more features I sure haven't touched or found a need for them, and v6 takes twice as long to load up and has the computer "chattering" a few minutes after I close it.

v5 is just less power hungry.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" -Arthur O'Shaunessey (as quoted by Willy Wonka)
Old October 14th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #1070
Jubal 28

Disable the Media Manager, and those problems go away.

Then, you can take advantage of things like project nesting.
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #1071
Regular Crew

Ron, just select the HDV 25p option and change the frame rate to 23.976 and then save/rename it as your own. It would definitely work fine.
Old October 15th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #1072
Inner Circle

Ok, I just tried re-encoding my files with a audio stream: Didn't work...

Tried transcoding in VLC: first 6-10 seconds is always skipped out!!!

Edit: Actually, I'm having a symptom that Sony was trying to prevent in 7.0b.

"Fixed a problem that could cause a frame stutter when reading some Windows Media Video files"... NOT.

I've downgraded to Vegas 7.0a and the video's no longer stuttering, BUT, when I render a composited scene in .wmv, full streams were sometimes fully ignored!

I've re-upgraded to 7.0b and am still waiting for a solution to this bug that makes video only .wmv files play like a really bad 24p to 30p conversion in both preview and rendering.

Last edited by Jack Zhang; October 15th, 2006 at 03:43 AM.
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:16 AM   #1073
Major Player

Urgent! Must get file size under 6MB... BY NOON.

Hi. I have what seems to be a simple, but pressing matter at hand. There's a 223 MB .avi file (exactly one minute long, includes audio) and I'm trying to Render it on Vegas 6 as an mpg so that it weighs no more than 6 MB.

I have to submit the file and the company I'm sending it to specifically state that the file must be no larger than 6 MB.

In the "Render As..." dialogue box, I selected "Custom..." and under the Video tab, tried decreasing frame size and the video quality. But no matter which frame size or video quality I choose, the outcome is ALWAYS a 14.3 MB file.

1. How can I get that file down to under 6 MB?
2. How is it that varying frame size and/or video quality, has no affect on file size?

Thanks!!!
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #1074
Inner Circle

You must decrease the bitrate to make the file size smaller.
Old October 15th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #1075
Major Player

Thanks! i got it.
Old October 15th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #1076
Major Player

David
Thank you for your response. That was what I had though.
Best
Ron
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #1077
Major Player

Vegas 7 Help..

New to video editing, I'm using a two camera setup and am shooting local bands. Both cameras are HDV Sony HDR-FX1 camera's and I'm trying to edit video in Vegas 7 but am having a very hard time switching back and forth between the videos both on the time line.

Does anybody know of a very good, relatively inexpensive tutorial for getting up and running with Vegas 7?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Jon
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #1078
Sponsor: VASST

It sounds like you need a multi-camera editing plug-in. If you only have two cameras you can use the free DoubleTake script from VASST. If you need more cameras there is also VASST infinitiCAM, VASST Ultimate S, and Excalibur from Edward Troxel. Using any of these scripts will make quick work of a multi-camera edit. Here is a tutorial for using Doubletake.

~jr
Old October 15th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #1079
Inner Circle

Wait a sec, I just checked another wmv file with Video and Audio and it stuttered too! Is it something to do with the encoder?

Terribly sorry for the triple post...
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #1080
Inner Circle

Jack, there really isn't enough info here... somehow you need to narrow in on where the problem is.

Output some DV-AVIs from Vegas and take them through the freeware Windows Media Encoder from Microsoft. Use identical settings on the same AVI for WM output from Vegas and see what you get. Try it from 6, 7...

Are these playback issues showing up on just your encoding machine? Have you tried the files on other PCs? Do you restart your encoding machine, or just go to standby or hibernate?

Sorry I can't be of more direct help.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...