Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) - Page 89 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old November 11th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #1321
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Croce
How 'bout a sample, Plamen?
Juat give me a link for upload.
Old November 11th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #1322
Regular Crew

Hey, please somebody tell me how to change Vegas style to dark /dark brown/ ?
Old November 11th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #1323
Regular Crew

Sony's "Digital Video & Audio Production" workbook is the best training material available for learning Vegas from scratch, in my opinion. It has a set of step-by-step lessons that are designed for a training class, but can be used as self-paced training. It comes with a DVD that contains the media files needed for the lessons. It covers everything you need to know to get up to speed on Vegas. Best of all, you get to actually do everything covered in the lessons.
Old November 11th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #1324
Rextilleon

GO over to Vaast---They have some themes and skin setups there.
Red #97
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #1325
Regular Crew

No serials in e-mail

Nope, no serials in Order Confirmation or in my "My sony" page... very strange... will have to contact sony... Thanks for you input.
Old November 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM   #1326
Regular Crew

There were no serial numbers for Boris Gaffiti in the email I received after purchaseing the download of Vegas 7 package either. Don't know Boris Graffiti is so did not install it :)

Duane
Old November 11th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #1327
Regular Crew

The only skin/theme I've ever seen from VASST for Vegas changes the entire OS Theme. That's not something I really wanna do. I don't think that Vegas can change just the UI of itself. I gave up trying a long time ago, so....
Old November 12th, 2006, 05:33 AM   #1328
Regular Crew

Hey, it's not like that! I mean that I saw before an examples in Vegas in internet and I remember the appearance of Vegas is brown like. Maybe it was a question of some in preferences, I am not sure.
So, is there anybody who uses his Vegas in dark view panels&windows?
Old November 12th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #1329
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plamen Petrov
Hey, it's not like that! I mean that I saw before an examples in Vegas in internet and I remember the appearance of Vegas is brown like. Maybe it was a question of some in preferences, I am not sure.
Ok, bottom line is that you CAN change what Vegas looks like. However, to do that you have to change the WINDOWS theme. Right-click a clear area on your desktop, choose Properties, and then go to the "Appearance" tab. Whatever changes you make there will affect the look of Vegas (and ALL of your other programs as well).
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #1330
Trustee

I got the serial but it didnt work for me in the first go. Sony contacted me to ask Boris directly n I got a new serial and it worked. Anyway, the support was good.
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #1331
Trustee

Yeah. VASST has the BEST training material in my opinion. I bought their VASST DVDA3 package and I own some other training material for V6. I can tell u VASST is good.
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #1332
Trustee

Separate resolutions for preview tab and preview device?

I have dual monitors and I use the second one for previewing at full resolution. The problem is that this renders the preview tab unusable (since a full-resolution clip does not fit in the tab). Is it possible to have the tab in "auto" and the preview device in "Full"?

edit: problem solved, sorry for the post
Old November 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #1333
Regular Crew

Very Basic Question

Which is more important for getting the best frame rate from the Preview window? CPU, RAM, or Graphics Card?

Cheers
Pat
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #1334
Inner Circle

Credit the person who did sound editing. I don't believe that Sony requires that you credit anybody for use of their Cinescore libs.

Note that DV Mag reviews Cinescore. The two negatives are that you can sync hit points, and there are few songs to choose from right now.
Old November 12th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #1335
Inner Circle

A faster CPU always takes top priority. More RAM will help for things like RAM renders and also to avoid paging during renders. With the exception of a very few programs, a high-end graphics card will have very little impact.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...