Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old March 18th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q3Q4)

Rendering to MPEG - custom settings not working

I am having a weird problem with Vegas 5.0
I just got a new PC and re-installed Vegas and when I try and render to MPEG and go to select options nothing at all happens.

I am not able to change the render options for MPEG1 or MPEG2, all other formats allow me to select and change the options.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Yep. Try this:

http://www.jetdv.com/vegas/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks!
Old September 1st, 2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Major Player

Flash video encoding? FVSS?

Just finished a couple of macromedia seminars online, and it was mentioned that Vegas 6 does *not* encode directly to Flash. What a bummer! Does anyone know if they are going to be adding this?

Also does anybody know who has the Flash Video Streaming Service? I'm really looking towards it for my web site.

Thanks!

Milt Lee
Old November 10th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #5
Inner Circle

MAudio ProjectMix I/O for Vegas

I recently saw the new M-Audio ProjectMix I/O at Guitar Center and it's both a control surface (like the Mackie) with recording capabilities (sends audio in thru firewire to computer).
According to their web site, it uses the Mackie control interface...

Has anyone tried this out with Vegas? Any opinions?

This looks like a great piece of kit, considering street pricing is under 1K US.

They already claim compatablity with Sonar and about anything Digidesign works with.
Old November 10th, 2005, 02:41 PM   #6
Sponsor: VASST

I've got my eye on the ProjectMix IO too. I assume you would get some level of compatibility because Vegas supports the Mackie interface but it sure would be nice to hear from someone who has used one with Vegas to be sure. I recently bought the Frontier Designs Tranzport and I did get it to work somewhat with Vegas in Mackie emulation mode but it wasn’t totally functional and some of the buttons performed the wrong function. :(

~jr
Old May 23rd, 2006, 10:59 AM   #7
Major Player

Saving clips

Say I've got a track on the timeline and i want to reuse certain sections for use elsewhere in the project - is there not a quick way of saving a clip for such later use - either by highlighting it or splitting it and putting it into a 'clip' bin so I can then just drag it onto the timeline next time i need it? I'm sure this facility is in Vegas somewhere.

Thanx

ian
Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:08 PM   #8
Jubal 28

You can make subclips in the trimmer.

Or, you can just copy/paste the clip from one location to another on the timeline.

I often use what I call a "trough" track -- a video/audio track at the bottom that's muted -- to store clips I might want to use later. I've seen others do this as well.
Old June 18th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #9
New Boot

I Need Basic Vegas 6/gearshift Steps

I've been logging into this site for the last month or so, recieving a lot of valuable info. We've filmed using (2) XL2 (24P 16:9 NTSC). We have Vegas 6 Pro and Gearshift for post production. We're extremely GREEN when it comes to post and we don't want to leave anything out or screw anything up. Can you tell us if we're using the correct steps for post.
1) Open Vegas 6
2) Use the NTSC DV 24P(720X480,23976 fps) template and fill info for New Project, save veg file
3) Go to Gearshift Main GUI and select desired setting
4) Return to Vegas and trim, edit, crossfade, etc..
5) Save Veggie
6) Go to Gearsgift, Render and Shift Gears
7) Burn on DVD
Is that it?

Do you recommend using the VASST scripts for Set Event Length and Crossfade, Trackalizer Installer, and Cuts only Editing?

We need all the help we can get to make this look professional.
Old June 18th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #10

The XL2 records straight DV. Gearshift is used with HDV footage. Just edit the footage you've captured, render, and burn the DVD.
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #11
New Boot

This isn't pertaining to the original question but another I asked on another site concerning audio effects on the audio track header. I guess I wasn't very clear with my question. The only thing I'm trying to do, is manipulate the voice of some actors.(add a more richer tone) It was shot in a restaurant.
Which Vegas' effect will give me a better chance of doing this? There are (3) to choose from and I don't have a clue of which one to choose or what to do afterwards.
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:11 AM   #12

There are MANY MORE than three to choose from. There are three automatically added to the audio tracks and they are, essentially, "turned off." Click the add effects button to see many more possibilities and then start experimenting.
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #13
Major Player

Ultimate S with event speed

I am having problems when I select multiple clips, use ult s to adjust the playback rate. It adjusts the size of the clip but doesn't move any of the clips to the end of the clip, basically the overlap. How do I get it to move the clips to the end of each clip without having to manually move them all. I have tried auto ripple(ctrl-L) without any success.

Thanks,

Jon
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #14
New Boot

Unwanted Tracks

I am very new to Vegas and have encountered a problem for which I cannot find a solution in the Vegas help files or by searching here. There are two tracks that have appeared in a project and now appear when selecting a new project. One is labeled master, the other video. There is a small section of screen capture at http://home.comcast.net/~tralexan/tracks.jpg. I don't know what the tracks or for and they will not highlight so I can't get rid of them. I would like to know what I did to get them there and, more than anything else, how to make tham disappear!!

thanks
--rick
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:31 AM   #15
Inner Circle

Quote:
...how to make tham disappear!!
View - Audio Bus Tracks
View - Video Bus Tracks

Mike
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...