Excalibur 4 JUST RELEASED! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 31st, 2005, 10:08 PM   #1
Old Boot

Excalibur 4 JUST RELEASED!

======================================================
Now available - Excalibur 4

Excalibur 4: This IS the one I've been waiting for!

Using it is a real cinch.

You do get ALL the Tools, from previous incarnations of Excalibur, Neon and Tsunami, combined in a Tabbed format OR you can separate OUT the tools you want - they can FLOAT about the screen. Once used and gone away, the next time you fire up Excalibur 4, you got THAT tool floating in the same place. Now THAT in itself is a great boost to my productivity. Like Vegas 5, you can now sub group tools into their own floating docks as well! . ..

. . . it just gets better . . .

Just used the Voice over Tool, the drop down track display is truly kool! The ability to "slide" volume is just too easy; the options to centre fades on the edge of overlays is fab . . . and once set up, its done in milli seconds!

Oh, yes! You can now scrub the position you want in Time Bandit and see it scrubbing in the real Vegas Timeline AND the Preview too! I didn't know if this was true in previous versions of Time Bandit, but seeing it here really show how much the boys have put into making their s/w integrate with Vegas - thumbs up from me on this too!

The rollover tooltips is soooo essential for my memory . .nice one lads! You listened to me! And the tips don't just "repeat" that which I'm reading! They actually say "useful" things, like in the Voice over Wizard, for the Narrative Track: "Enter the voice/narrative track. NOTE: There should only be events on this track where the voices are actually present" - excellent! Very helpful indeed.

Too much to relate here . .get the demo . .

It's passed the "GNNLQ" that's the "Grazie NumbNutz Learning Quotient"! Big Time!

This IS a serious piece of edit workflow and a tool-editing management system in an easy to use, straight forward GUI. Oh, and the Icons are excellent! - And just for good measure, the tools can be plopped onto the toolbar as well.

NOW I can't wait for Vegas6 . . . . but I'll have too I guess.

Anyways, Excalibur4 has been a real eye-opener for me. Shows me just how "good" GUIs can be AND the value these creators put into "listening" to users and their needs - Again, well done Lads! Well done!

Download a demo and use it - NOW!

http://www.VegasTrainingAndTools.com.

Best regards

Graham "Grazie" Bernard
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Grazie,
I'm right behind you on this. Fantastic. Didn't think it could be improved on-I was wrong. Edward and Gary did a great job on Excalibur 4! 3 for 1 - Excalibur, Tsunami and Neon all rolled into one neat package. Been using them since version 1 and this is THE BEST!

Now, I can't wait for Vegas 6!!!!!!!

Don B
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:06 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks guys. Here is the official announcement:

Now available - Excalibur 4

Edward Troxel and Gary Kleiner are proud to announce that the latest version of their popular Sony Vegas plugin, Excalibur, is now available.

The team, both noted experts on Vegas editing software have produced several add-on software packages over the past few years, all designed to streamline common editing tasks while using Sony's Vegas non-linear editing software. Previous versions of Excalibur have been lauded for it's excellent multi-camera editing functionality, and Excalibur 4 improves Multi-Cam Wizard even further.

Excalibur 4 is now available for use with Vegas 5.0 (version b or newer) as well as the upcoming Vegas 6.0, promised by Sony to be announced in April at NAB

Building on the tools found in Excalibur 3, Tsunami, and Neon, this version is a major rewrite combining and expanding the tools found in all three products, and includes 50 tools in all.

The electronic version is priced at $99, and the $129 CD version also includes a special instructional DVD by the authors. Special upgrade pricing is offered to existing owners of Excalibur 3.0, Neon, and Tsunami.

Major changes:
1) Completely new interface design
2) Combined the three previous products into a single product
3) Roughly two dozen new features added to the existing tools
4) Many new tools added the toolset.

To see all the changes made in Excalibur 4, check out the latest Vegas + DVD Tips,
Tricks, and Scripts newsletter at http://www.jetdv.com/vegas/forum/viewtopic.php?t=433

To download a free 15-day trial, a copy of the manual, or purchase Excalibur 4, go to:
http://www.VegasTrainingAndTools.com.

A free upgrade will be sent to those who purchased any one or more of the products within the last 30 days, or to those who purchased two or more of them in the last 60 days.
Gary Kleiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

"A free upgrade will be sent to those who purchased any one or more of the products within the last 30 days, or to those who purchased two or more of them in the last 60 days."

Will this be automatic or will we have to apply for it?
Tony Rockliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:39 AM   #5
Major Player

Gary or Ed,

Are all the tools compatible with Vegas 6? I'm kind of afraid to upgrade my Excalibur 3 and Neon until after I see what new capabilities Vegas has in version 6. I've downloaded the Trial on Tsunami but not found the need to use it much yet, only because of the type of things I'm using Vegas to complete. But I appreciate the upgrade path.

Will you also offer an upgrade path for the DVD series on Vegas 6? I purchased the Vegas 5 series and found it very helpful. Will I just need the Primer, or will Vegas 6 be different enough you'd recommend the full Comapnion series?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick
Old April 1st, 2005, 11:05 AM   #6
Regular Crew

>Will this be automatic or will we have to apply for it?<

Tony, This will be automatic. While you are waiting, just load the 15-day trial and enjoy :-)

Gary
Old April 1st, 2005, 11:09 AM   #7
Regular Crew

P:atrick,

Yes, all the tools in Excalibur 4.0 will work in Vegas 6.

As for the instructional DVDs, they are still in production, so even I am not sure of the exact contents yet. If you have The Vegas 5 Companion, the The Vegas 6 Primer should do the trick, but The Vegas 6 Companion may well have some tips and tricks not included in The Vegas 5 Companion (I am always learning too).

Gary
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:37 PM   #8
Old Boot

Gary, I jolly would hope so, "The Vegas 6 Companion may well have some tips and tricks not included in The Vegas 5 Companion" . . it is going to be version 6 after all! Yes?

Grazie

April 18 and counting . . . . tick tock tick tock . . .
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:53 PM   #9
Major Player

Gary,

Will the Vegas 6 Companion series have a section on the improved Media handling capabilities? ;)
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:55 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Patrick,

At this time, I cannot give specifics on features that may or may not be in the Vegas 6 release.

Nice try though :-)

Gary
Old April 1st, 2005, 01:10 PM   #11
Sponsor: JET DV

<<<-- Originally posted by Patrick King : Will the Vegas 6 Companion series have a section on the improved Media handling capabilities? ;) -->>>

That was pretty good, Patrick. Of course, look at what today is!

(4/1/05)
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 01:14 PM   #12
Major Player

I don't suppose there will be downloadable (lower resolution) instructional vids for those not buying the media copy?
Old April 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM   #13
Regular Crew

>I don't suppose there will be downloadable (lower resolution) instructional vids for those not buying the media copy?<

Yes, my nephew made some crayon sketches of me talking in front of the monitor. I might post those on the web site.

Gary
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:48 PM   #14
Sponsor: JET DV

That would be "lower resolution"!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:11 PM   #15
Regular Crew

230 wax bits per inch.

Gary
Gary Kleiner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...