Vegas 6... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 4th, 2005, 04:45 PM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

We already have the best multi-cam tool around available - just not included with the Vegas download. Does work directly on the timeline, though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Ed, I definitely agree there. I was treating it as Vegas and Avid and what they offer out of the box. After Excalibur, Ill never do it any other way ever. Cheers on an awesome program.
Patrick Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 12:54 PM   #18
Inner Circle

One last thing I think is very important for Vegas. Re Start the Student pricing program. When it was available, I convinced at least 20 college kids to try it out. Unlike the student versions of other software, not ony was it affordable, but legal to create professionl work. When they heard us talk to grandly about it, and how it was way more affordable than a Mac solution, the word started getting around.

Adobe and others learned this a long time ago. Get your foot in the door no matter what it takes, then get them on upgrade pricing for the rest of their life.

Maybe not include AC3 with DVD Author or something to keep the price below 300 , since most of them don't have the money to set up a surround editing suite anyway.

I really believe Vegas was making great inroads at that time.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Actually you can get student pricing at places like journeyed.com and others. As long as students can prove they are students, they can get the entire package for around $200-250. Thats what I did last year. :)
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:36 PM   #20
New Boot

How'd this turn into a student pricing thread...
Chris Hendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I dont know but I was answering his question. I figure we will have alot of these threads up until its finally released which could not come soon enough.
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #22
Regular Crew

I'll be happy with Vegas 6 if only it supports DVstorm 2 and JVC SR-VS30U Decks
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #23
Major Player

You're never going to be happy, then...
Jim Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 09:36 PM   #24
Inner Circle

"You're never going to be happy, then..."

ROFLMAO

and who would really want Vegas6 to support a HW module anyway..?? when u see this bugger perform everything else will be obsolete.. .

if u want to use canopus fx, dude, just go grab a copy of Edius Pro 3.. it does all the effects the storm2 does and rendering is VERY fast
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #25
Trustee

Man I hope Vegas 6 is a pile of crap, cause I really wanted a reason to move to Final Cut Pro and a Mac and not have to use a PC ever again.. ;)

Aaron
Old April 7th, 2005, 07:13 AM   #26
New Boot

Looks as if Canopus discontinued the Storm 2 card...
Chris Hendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #27
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Mike Moncrief : Hello,

One thing i would like to see in DVD Architect 3, but I am not sure what this feature is called .. (Anybody know the name??) When you are viewing a DVD and click on a button, before it plays the video it is linked to, the ability to play a sound effect, and a video transition transitioning to the linked video would be nice..

Mike M. -->>>

Dvd Architect 2 can do that by using End Actions

So like in ya menu stick the transition video in then from that video have the End Action play the actual video the menus says
then even on the end of that put a End Action to play another transition before returning to the menu if ya like.

I want DTS in Vegas 6 and DVDA 3 !!!!
Phillip Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:16 PM   #28
Regular Crew

http://www.vegaseditors.com/ has some box shots of Vegas 6. Not sure if they are real or not, cool anyway though :)
Old April 9th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #29
Major Player

response to Phillip Jackson post..

One thing i would like to see in DVD Architect 3, but I am not sure what this feature is called .. (Anybody know the name??) When you are viewing a DVD and click on a button, before it plays the video it is linked to, the ability to play a sound effect, and a video transition transitioning to the linked video would be nice..

Mike M. -->>>

Dvd Architect 2 can do that by using End Actions

So like in ya menu stick the transition video in then from that video have the End Action play the actual video the menus says
then even on the end of that put a End Action to play another transition before returning to the menu if ya like.

I want DTS in Vegas 6 and DVDA 3 !!!!

In response..

No I do not think that end actions will do what I am thinking of..here is an example.. say you are looking at a DVD, and it is a looping menu.. at any given time when you click on a menu button, there is now a transition between the looping video and the next piece of video.. that transition might be a page peel,crossfade etc..If you do an endaction and jump to another piece of video, there will not be a transition(of your choice) between the piece of looping video you are currently viewing and the next piece of video you are going to..
I have seen this effect on some commercial DVD's..in effect it is allowing transitions to be part of DVD Architect to allow you to transion to your end action..

Mike m.
Old April 9th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Mike,

I think i know what you mean, but i doubt it would be possible with the dvd format. you want like a full motion backgroup loop to be able to transition with like a fade or wipe at any given time of that loop, right? which would require the dvd player to have to do the transistion which is not possible (Some one please correct me if i'm wrong)

Name some titles of DVD's as examples of what you want to do
Phillip Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...