DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 6... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/42282-vegas-6-a.html)

Curtis Rhoads April 2nd, 2005 01:07 PM

Vegas 6...

Okay, I'm a happy camper. Just got the April issue of Studio Monthly, and on page 51 is an ad for Vegas + DVD of which it talks about Vegas 6. The #1 thing that caught my attention and makes me the happy camper... project nesting!!!! :-D

I'll definately be upgrading, just for that feature alone!

Van Lam April 2nd, 2005 04:55 PM

From another thread at DMN:

Vegas 6

* SD/HD SDI capture, editing and export using Blackmagic Design's Decklink boards

* Enhanced multi-processor support

*DVI/VGA external monitoring

*Project nesting

*AAF import/export

*VST effects

*Broadcast WAV support and superior framerate coversions

DVD Architect 3

*Dual layer authoring and burning

*Mastering to DLT, DDP, CMF

*CSS and Macrovision encryption tools

*Photoshop layer support

*Multi-angle selection and more

_________

Sounds good, it's nice to see Sony adding more features that help in EDITING (unlike last year). The multi-processor support and nested projects are my reason for being excited.

Peter Jefferson April 2nd, 2005 09:23 PM

close but no cigar ...

without gettin into trouble...

* Enhanced multi-processor support

((hhmm... yes.. but its more than that.... ))

*DVI/VGA external monitoring

((external monitoriing via DVI yes. vga no.. you'll just have to wait and see HOW its going to montior externally im afraid... and its not what u think.. i cant say anything else im sorry.. ))

i would suggest people dont get too excited about the leaks here coz although they may be close to accurate, there is alot more to V6 than what's being implied

Shannon Rawls April 2nd, 2005 09:37 PM

HDV?????????????

Glen Elliott April 2nd, 2005 10:01 PM

Re: Vegas 6...

<<<-- Originally posted by Curtis Rhoads : The #1 thing that caught my attention and makes me the happy camper... project nesting!!!! -->>>

Can I get an Amen!

Aaron Koolen April 2nd, 2005 10:42 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson :
i would suggest people dont get too excited about the leaks here coz although they may be close to accurate, there is alot more to V6 than what's being implied -->>>

Lets just hope there is some decent media management in there!

Aaron

Mike Moncrief April 3rd, 2005 10:39 AM

Hello,

One thing i would like to see in DVD Architect 3, but I am not sure what this feature is called .. (Anybody know the name??) When you are viewing a DVD and click on a button, before it plays the video it is linked to, the ability to play a sound effect, and a video transition transitioning to the linked video would be nice..

Mike M.

Peter Jefferson April 3rd, 2005 10:49 AM

"Lets just hope there is some decent media management in there!"

put it this way... without blabbing or anything coz i have to be REAL careful here..

with the new features of Vegas 6, i will have no further need of my Avid system... thats not an exhageration.
when its launched you will know and see for yourself EXACLTY what im talking about..

Some of the features of V6 WILL be the biggest thing to hit ANY NLE (and the Industry as a whole) in a long time, and I'll be glad to be rid of my Avid..

like i said, please dont speculate too much as V6 is going to be SO MUCH MORE than what is being suggested here.. It would do the program an injustice and would be unfair on Sony if speculation were to rise so high as to create an unrealsitic expectation on the program.

Steve Crisdale April 4th, 2005 01:00 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson :It would do the program an injustice and would be unfair on Sony if speculation were to rise so high as to create an unrealsitic expectation on the program. -->>>

No speculation on my part... But if SONY Vegas 6 can't capture HDV directly from the SONY FX-1 or Z1, it'll be the biggest disappointment of any piece of software to be released in ages...

That's a realistic expectation.

Aaron Koolen April 4th, 2005 04:30 AM

Haven't Sony licensed Cineform's stuff so they can do just that?

Aaron

Peter Jefferson April 4th, 2005 07:07 AM

HDV capture within Vegas is already there..
with regard to the HDV capture integration within the actual project, you'll have to wait for the release, however considering PremPro is now patched for HDV, i dont see why V6 cant do it...

Steve Crisdale April 4th, 2005 08:30 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : HDV capture within Vegas is already there.. -->>>

Please provide details, because I am unable to capture HDV directly to the Vegas media pool or timeline...

Importing clips from ConnectHD's HDLink tool don't count, as that's a third party tool. And setting the FX-1/Z1 to DV mode is also a non-solution....

N.B. I currently use ConnectHD to capture HDV, and it's the best capture tool for HDV of those I've used....

Bill Ravens April 4th, 2005 09:52 AM

close examination of pre-release info says BMD, NOT Cineform. This was also announced last year.

Joe Carney April 4th, 2005 12:39 PM

Lets hope it can capture the new Panasonic dvcproHD.
Black Magic Decklink (BDM) support will be superb. Not just hdv, but hdcam and others. cool. I can live with Cineform since they are planning to support all the hdv formats out there. But I can speak only for myself.
I'm also hoping for DX9 support for plug-ins. DX7 is way out of date.
OpenGL wouldn't be bad either, but thats a nice to have.

If they add media managment (a la Acid Pro 5), the news folks might even get interested in this one. MSDE is an easily available database for developers, even works fine on laptops. At least they used a standards based approach for management instead of something proprietary like some other companies do.

Patrick Masters April 4th, 2005 02:08 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson :
with the new features of Vegas 6, i will have no further need of my Avid system... thats not an exhageration.
when its launched you will know and see for yourself EXACLTY what im talking about.. -->>>

That would be awesome but I am not going to hold my breath. Avid is a lot of things to a lot of people. For some reason, I just dont see Vegas having matchback but I am all for any new features Sony is willing to throw us. Multicam (group editing in Avid) would be nice as well but I just dont see Sony doing that for us.

This will be the longest two weeks ever in my life.