HDV to 24p in VEGAS 6 - link - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:35 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
It's fairly simple.
Start a new project.

Set your project properties:

From the File menu, choose Properties. The Project Properties dialog is displayed.

From the Template drop-down list, choose NTSC DV 24p

Click OK to close the Project Properties dialog and apply your changes.

Add the video to the timeline.

From the File menu, choose Render As and render the file using the NTSC DV 24p (inserting 2-3-3-2 pulldown) AVI template. This template allows for more efficient pulldown removal.

Gearshift provides a few additional instructions, but overall, it's basically the same.
For the best framerate conversion, you're going to want to have shot your media at 1/60 shutter speed, but anything will convert.
I downloaded the Celluloid plugin for Vegas 6 from VASST and am playing around wth it. I notice that ii renders every cut clip in the timeline. By using the FREE download would the above be accomplished the same way? What would the differences be?

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! ..."
Phil Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...