DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Problems with Vegas 6 Demo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/43216-problems-vegas-6-demo.html)

Mark McKelvey April 19th, 2005 04:33 AM

Problems with Vegas 6 Demo

I'm having a lot of problems with this. Open the program and it starts loading and just never finishes loading. If I reboot it sometimes will load.Sometimes it gets to the permission window from ZoneAlarm to access the internet then it locks up. I tried loading a library last night-it got 20% through it and locked up. Could this be because I mistakenly installed the retail version (thought it was a demo version)and then uninstalled that before installing the demo? BTW I'm not having any problems with any other programs like Vegas 5. Suggestions?

Rob Lohman April 19th, 2005 04:46 AM

I had some problems with the demo of DVD Architect 3 as well (doesn't want
to load any media it seems, I get some Internet Explorer popup with a lot of
javascript errors).

Perhaps the demo has been rushed out a bit too soon....

Patrick King April 19th, 2005 05:20 AM

Have you installed the two prerequisites: DirectX9 and .Net1.1 (with latest update)?

Mark McKelvey April 19th, 2005 05:25 AM

Yes I have. It won't let you install the program unless those 2 items are already installed.

Kevin Dooley April 19th, 2005 06:28 AM

I also had accidentally installed the retail version instead of the demo. However, I uninstalled, rebooted and installed the demo and have had no problems...

Peter Jefferson April 19th, 2005 06:42 AM

same here, seems that there could be a registry permit bug in thre somewhere...
V6 demo keeps crashing on me.. click media pool, import media and bang..

i think ill just wait till the cds arrive.. might be safer..

Edward Troxel April 19th, 2005 06:57 AM

For these problems, I really recommend you call Customer Service. That way they can determine where/what the problem is and, hopefully, get you working again too.

As for the CD vs the download, take the download. The download is 6.0a where the CDs are 6.0. You really want the "a".

Glen Elliott April 19th, 2005 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
For these problems, I really recommend you call Customer Service. That way they can determine where/what the problem is and, hopefully, get you working again too.

As for the CD vs the download, take the download. The download is 6.0a where the CDs are 6.0. You really want the "a".

If 6.0a has this many problems I can't imagine what 6.0 was like.

Edward Troxel April 20th, 2005 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Elliott
If 6.0a has this many problems I can't imagine what 6.0 was like.

I'm not seeing "this many problems" in 6a. It is working well on my system.

Patrick King April 20th, 2005 09:29 AM

Quote:

Edward,

When my CDs arrive and I install them, can't I just download and install the 6.0a update from the Sony Media Update? Vegas Update

Edward Troxel April 20th, 2005 10:27 AM

Yes. But why not just install 6.0a directly? It will skip a needless step for you.

Mark A. Foley April 20th, 2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

I'm not seeing "this many problems" in 6a. It is working well on my system.

Appears some of the fx filter are broke (sharpen...zoom...film effects...)

Mark McKelvey April 20th, 2005 01:53 PM

Sent an email to Sony. Installed the demo again and it works better but the media manager fails to load. I'm sure the Madison boys will get things straightened out.

David Mintzer April 20th, 2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark McKelvey
Sent an email to Sony. Installed the demo again and it works better but the media manager fails to load. I'm sure the Madison boys will get things straightened out.

Vegas 6 is a mess---Dont buy it until they fix up the bugs (and there are so many). This is probably an instance where they went to market to fast--I bet you the developers aren't very happy.

Mark McKelvey April 20th, 2005 04:23 PM

Well, I spoke too soon. Now it won't launch at all."Starting data base service" has been on my monitor for 10 minutes and counting.I"m uninstalling it and waiting for the next beta release to come out.