"night vision" effect? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 30th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #16
Wrangler

As it turns out, the guys wanted the video to help them promote a product --which happened to be night vision glasses, not something involving a scope. Got my wires crossed because there was an AR-15 involved, and I'm sorry to have misled everyone. Great information on making crosshairs, though, and I'm sure it will help someone else.

We shot the military portion at dusk, as Charles suggested in another thread. Then I just threw on some effects and called it good. You can see what you think, Brian, but I don't know if it's good enough to share on the JetDV site.

Thanks again to all of you for the great help!

http://www.bluejeanvideo.com/clip.htm Click on "military night vision clip".

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; April 30th, 2005 at 08:11 PM. Reason: error
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 05:03 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I knew I'd seen night vision as a preset somewhere. It's in the standard Gradient Map effect. On it's own it doesn't seem that good but I guess combined with noise, contrast, brightness etc adjustments it would be OK.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...