Project in SV-MS-PP Damaged? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 26th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #1
Tourist

Project in SV-MS-PP Damaged?

This is my first project over 120 seconds. I have worked with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum
Pro only for a couple projects. Now I have a problem with this longer project (about six
minutes long).

The project has approx. 30 HD clips with audio sorted on three tracks, four short texts and one
MP3 track. I am close to finished, then the software crashes. Total lock up. I then closed
the software using the Task Manager and restarted the software. But now Vegas takes
about 2 minutes to start completely, the menu list above the symbols is white during this
time. Once it starts, I load the project. Again a good two to three minutes before it is ready
for me. I click within the timeline from one to three times, and the software locks up again.

I have tried renaming the project, and the same on a different local drive.
I have uninstalled Vegas and reinstalled with all updates (9.0b).
I have tried rendering, it hangs up... even with the lowest settings.
I have tried leaving it opened with the project visible for an hour... two clicks in the
timeline and crash-boom-bang.

I suspect the project is damaged. Because I threw a couple clips together and saved,
rendered and even uploaded to YouTube without any problem at all.

Please, I have over 15 hours invested in this project. Would be a shame to see that wasted.
If you have a tip how to bring the project back to life... Anything (well, almost) to get it back!
Please!

As a Super Mod on a forum with over 37 thousand members I know how difficult it can be
to search for a topic. I did search here for a few keywords. Without luck, thus this post.
Thank you in advance for any support with this.
Scott Schmith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...