Why Does Vegas 6 Freeze Regularly? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 24th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #61
Sponsor: JET DV

I agree that many large images can cause problems. I, too, have rendered smaller sections to DV-AVI at times to get a render completed. I guess I've kind of lost focus here or something. Can Vegas freeze? well, yes - it's software. Does it freeze all the time? No. Can it freeze in certain circumstances? Yes (and knowing those circumstances can help Sony eliminate those circumstances). Are work-arounds usually available? Yes - as in pre-rendering several smaller sections before doing the "final" render.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:12 PM   #62
Major Player

This couldn't hurt.. test your ram. You mentioned that you had the same problems on a 32bit computer (same ram?).

Go here: http://www.memtest.org/

Download the bootable iso and burn a CD. Test your ram. You'll know pretty quickly if your ram is the culprit.

If you get errors, replace the ram (and retest it as soon as you install the fresh stuff).

If you don't get errors, sounds like you've exhausted a lot of other avenues and possibly XP64 is the culprit. Go back to 32bit XP
Old June 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM   #63
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
I think my culprit is the photos on the timeline.
I think it might be, too. Try reducing the resolution on each to something closer to DV res and see if it doesn't work better. If you had planned to zoom in on any, you might need to go to a little higher res but still less than what you have now.

Good luck and let us know hos it works out.

Dennis
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 06:39 AM   #64
Trustee

I Solved The Render Freeze Issue!

Fellow Vegasites, I have solved the render freeze issue when working with a project having many stills on the timeline. Keep ALL of the stills that you are using in your project segregated on their very own hard drive separate from your captured clips hard drive. Not only do I no longer have render freezes but the program no longer freezes during normal use.

I suspect that the hard drive had to work too hard reading the clips, their accompanying sound and the many stills scanned at 600 dpi.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...