DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   V6 Media Organizer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/46355-v6-media-organizer.html)

Kevin James June 16th, 2005 08:38 PM

V6 Media Organizer

I search and I search, but it doenst grab all my video clips. I have iyt search the individual folder, and still doesnt grab them. Any ideas?

Rob Lohman June 17th, 2005 03:16 AM

Can you supply us with a bit more information please? What are you trying
to do exactly? Can you give us a step-by-step blow of what you are clicking
on in Vegas and what it does?

Is Vegas always NOT adding the SAME files, or different ones? What are the
file types of the files the package is not adding?

Kevin James June 17th, 2005 07:33 AM

I click the button to add files, and search one of my media drives. It gets to 100% and I click close. Files that are on the drive do not appear in the media organizer. I then select the folder in the search window and have it search that. It finds "x" files. I click close and those files still do not appear in the media organizer. I do not have anything clicked in the left window (sorry, not at home atm, can't remember the name of that part of the organizer).

Rob Lohman June 19th, 2005 03:45 AM

If by "media organizer" you mean the explorer like view to select files then it
does not recognize your files as media files it can use. It is really important
to see if it are always the same file (types). Let us know which files types
(extensions) are causing problems.

Edward Troxel June 19th, 2005 05:43 AM

No, he's talking about the Media Manager. I happen to have that turned off right now on this system. Ok, just turned on the Media Manager, clicked on the "Add files to media library" button which opened a select folder dialog. Upon clicking the "search" button, it located 31 files.

Is this the same procedure you are following?

Kevin James June 22nd, 2005 07:28 PM

Yes, that is what I am doing.

Ian Stark June 24th, 2005 09:53 AM

I haven't upgraded from 5 to 6 yet and I'm a little unclear as to exactly what the Media Manager is.

Does it augment bins in any way? I hate having to open up multiple copies of Vegas to copy clips from one bin to another (drags my poor old system to its knees!).

What I would love is a way to organise my media in a single database and be able to create bins within it that could be accessed by multiple projects.

Is that what Media Manager does?

Have great weekends everybody.

Ian . . .

Edward Troxel June 24th, 2005 11:10 AM

Basically, yes. The media manager will allow you to organize ALL your media - no matter the project. So if you have a folder full of songs, that can be added and used in any project. If you have another folder full of loops, those can be added and used anywhere. Plus it gives you powerful search capabilities.

Kevin James July 6th, 2005 03:55 PM

Still no luck with getting these files recognized. Anyone else having any issues? Am I approaching populating the organizer the wrong way?

Kevin James July 12th, 2005 05:57 PM

Bueller Bueller? ;)

Rob Lohman July 14th, 2005 03:54 AM

I've re-read the thread, but I find no information on what kind of files these are.
Is it always the same kind of files it skips? Any more information on the particular
skipped files you can give?