Multicam/Embedded Project Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 14th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Multicam/Embedded Project Question

I have several veg files that have a 2-camera multicam. I used Ctrl+Click to create a transition between takes as I switched cameras, and it looks good. Quick 7 frame fade in/out.

Now, I want a "master" veg project where I want to import each of these "child" multi-cam veg projects and place them end to end to make one long project. But each time I import a veg, the camera transitions revert to a quick cut. Is this expected behavior? Otherwise it's working ok. I'm using Vegas 8.0c

Jeff
Jeff Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Are they really changing to a cut? Or are they simply not previewing fast enough?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

They all change to cuts.

Jeff
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Trustee

Could you not cut and paste the "child projects" into the master timeline ?
That should keep the children ! as they're supposed to be, so to speak.

Paul.
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Paul, you got me on the right track. Ed, you were right, my apologies. After some cut and paste experimenting, I realized that it was indeed just the preview that made the appearance of cuts. Upon render and playback, all is well.

Jeff
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:14 AM   #6
Trustee

Jeff, glad to help, i do exactly what you do, for example on a wedding edit i'll first of all multicam the ceremony, (project 1), then i'll multicam the speeches (project 2), then i'll start all the fancy editing in a new project, brides preps, grooms preps arrival etc, right up to the point where the bride arrives, save that project, double click the veg file for the ceremony (project 1) another copy of vegas opens, i then copy and paste the ceremony onto the end of the arrivals, then edit the leaving of the ceremony, mingling shots, photocall, establishing shots of the reception, b&g coming in and sitting down, then open the speeches (project 2) and copy and paste it onto the end.

This way is a lot faster rendering than dropping veg files onto the timeline.

Paul.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...